Oukitel K10000 with it's massive 10000 mAh battery

My 13,000 mAh battery pack weighs maybe double that of a fairly big smartphone. We also have a 20,000 mAh battery at work that weighs 3 or 4 times as much as a smartphone.

Honestly, that's still light enough to be perfectly portable.

What's the battery pack you have?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

What's the battery pack you have?

I have the Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery (2nd Gen) - in Black:

http://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Generation-High-Capacity-Fast-Charging-Techonology/dp/B00BQ5KHJW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449871428&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+13000+mah

At work, we have the Anker PowerCore 20100 mAh Battery:

http://www.amazon.ca/Compact-20000mAh-Portable-Anker-PowerCore/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449871466&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+20100+mah

I also have a small Anker Astro Mini 3200 mAh Battery that I got a few years ago:

http://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Ultra-Compact-Lipstick-Sized-Portable-Technology/dp/B00EETOTWS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449871520&sr=8-3&keywords=anker+3000+mah

It's tiny (The size of a lipstick apparently), very useful to have around, but I found the capacity was far too limited.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2015 at 10:31 PM, 1823alex said:

There will be some issue with this, I can already sense it. "Man suffers third degree burns from his cell phone". I'm calling it, some sort of issue that renders this phone extremely unsafe to use. Not to mention it looks like a transformer. I'd actually consider it if the screen was better res and the rear camera was better. Maybe I've just been spoiled by my LG v10  :D

EDIT: I just feel like something bad is bound to happen when cramming a 10,000 mAH battery into a phone, the heat it will produce will probably be quite large.

i am sorry for reviving this semi-old thread and making this my actual first post but uninformed posts like these (and others in this thread) make me cringe to no end.

as someone that has actually studied in the field of battery technology and as a informed owner of said phone i feel the need to chip in.

the size of the battery actually makes it much more safer. the larger the battery the less wear it will have in the same situation. just compare this phone to a average iphone as done before here.

an iphone (with 2.7Ah) will charge in about an hour, that means that the charge current is at least the same as the capacity (that is called 1C). most high density cells are NOT rated for this. they are usually rated to be charged in about 2~3 hours in order too keep the lifespan acceptable and heat under control. this is as everyone knows not the case in an iphone as virturally all fast-charged iphones are dead in about a year, just in time for the new model to come out.

now take the k10000, it can carge with (the supplied) 9v charger pumping in about 2~3 hours (that is 1/3C). much more in line with the general charging rules for high density cells. even beter would be a regular 2A 5v charger that would charge it in about 5~6 hours (1/5C) and keep it much cooler and last even longer. in that case and considering you only have to recharge it every 12 days (yes, that is with plenty of toilet time) it will last insanely long before the battery wears out. at least 12 times longer then an iphone...

*drop mic

On 12/10/2015 at 7:03 AM, theninja35 said:

It's too good. There's no way this thing won't explode.

As long as their QC is good (for the battery and the charger), it won't be doing a "Dell".

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

-snip-

Altough i agree that Chinese corporations are now complying with most if not all safety ratings and testing required prior to sales, im still afraid to get a 10,000 mAh phone from a company that sounds like a cookie distributor. Names like OnePlus, Xiaomi or Oppo dont hurt my ears, but Oukitel kills my sanity and relief. I would really like to get this phone tough, but since it doesnt pack a Snapdragon 652, 32Gb of internal storage and an AMOLED display id be sold, i guess.

Groomlake Authority

i have taken their charger apart (they make those in house as well according to the branding on the PCB) and they do not seem to skimp on safety or build quality. the charger is -dare i say it- better built then a samsung tablet charger and arguably better or at least the same as an apple charger. it does not definitively answer the build quality of the phone but it does show that there is so far no reason to assume poor chinese quality.

to be clear: it does not matter if a 2Ah battery or a 10Ah battery does a Dell, you will be boned in both cases.

edit: now that i think of it you are probably safer with a 10Ah as it takes WAY longer for it heat up and get a thermal runaway due to the added thermal mass. you will get at least more time to notice the phone getting hot and taking it out well before something interesting happens. but that said: the likelyhood of that happening is still lower then other phones due to the low stress put on the battery compaired to a normal phone.

and the stock theme sucks. nothing trebuchet or rooting and installing clockworkmod cannot solve ....

On 12/10/2015 at 4:17 PM, KemoKa said:

My zenfone 2 has the worst screen ever. It's pretty, but it sucks power like a drain.

Use a dark background / theme. It really helps.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

wasn't this thread dead?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Battery = great

aesthetics = terrible

specs = terrible

not really a knight in shining armour 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Fugly. Worse than that old nokia shaped like a lemon Cross section

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 12/10/2015 at 9:05 PM, kameshss said:

ya! it's not a flagship phone though. Good enough for basic tasks.

I say it would do about 80% of people, The term flagship in phones is a tiny line.

Edit: Ok just re-read the specs yeah it could do with been better 9_9

On 7-3-2016 at 6:47 PM, NateGSR117 said:

I bet I could kill it fully charge in a day, lol :P

I tried running a hd movie on repeat. Still had 11% left after 24 hours non stop playback....

Somehow it annoys me that you cannot drain it in a day.

Just now, the dutch guy said:

I tried running a hd movie on repeat. Still had 11% left after 24 hours non stop playback....

Is that not a good thing?, batteries lasting longer than 24hr after heavy usage.

3 minutes ago, the dutch guy said:

Give it to me, I'll bet my R9 290x Lightning that I can kill it in 12 hours.

10,000mAh ZeroLemon on my Galaxy Note 3 lasts me ~12 hours on a good day.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

On 3/10/2016 at 8:29 AM, the dutch guy said:

Considering my phone (which is only from the $100 bracket) lasts me over 4 days (without going flat), that means I'd get close to a month between charges.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL