Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas
9 minutes ago, davewolax said:

I have some updates.

Take a look at this video:

This guy is playing GTA V on a Titan X and still have those anti aliasing issues. specially if you look at the lines on the street and parking lines, (white and yellow lines) you can clearly see flickering and jagged lines extremely visible. At some point of the video, he even increase MSAA to x8 and max out all settings and yet still have lots of issues.

We are living in a time were games are more advanced than the latest hardware available in the market in the entire planet. Thats something really sad. I thought a $1000 graphics card would outperform any game no matter what. but turns out I was wrong. Even GTX 1080 will not be able to play these games ultra settings which is the sad truth. 

Now you guys should probably deal with it because there is no solution. this is hardware limitation and until NVIDIA and other corporations don't make better chips, this problem will still exists. 

In conclusion: I'm a bit confused, someone need to explain to me then how does animation industries such as Pixar or movie companies with intense animations and visual effects don't have these issues? how is it that Pixar makes great high quality animations since 10 years ago (probably longer) without jagged edges and flickering lines? or how come the dragon in Game of thrones doesn't have jagged edges and flickering lines? how the freaking they do it?

How they do it? do they use 50 Titan graphic cards in SLI or something? I need answers!

1 minute ago, davewolax said:

This is indeed hardware limitation. People with 4 Titan X SLI still have these problems. Its everywhere, even on television ads and animations. movie visual effects. just because you don't see it, doesn't mean its not happening.

Look right in the first few seconds of the video. Look at the details of this situation:

-1080p (not great pixel density by today's standards)

-NO AA filtering at all, just FXAA which only does very little on it's own.

That being said; most games being run at 1080p with no AA filtering are going to look like ass with jaggies, shimmering and dancing lines all over. Because that's the result of the graphics settings being used in this example. It doesn't matter if it's on a GTX 750ti or 4 way Titan X SLI. If you're running at native resolution (not using DSR/VSR) and don't apply any AA filtering, it's not going to look good, regardless. The only time it will look good without any AA filtering is if the pixel density is high enough that the eye cannot see the individual pixels (basically 4k and above, for example). 

It is useless to compare game footage captured by different people if they're all using different graphics settings. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

4 hours ago, Razpor said:

But in my case its actually the worse in witcher 3,with or without aa there are these white dots on all over chainmail,metallic edges,wet surfaces ,slimy monsters 

I dont know what it is,aa or something else but sure know its happened aftrr i upgraded to 970 .

Sounds like specular aliasing. Nothing's perfect, and neither is AA in TW3. I think it does a good job of reducing aliasing artifacts, better than most games. I think their engine is not mature enough to have perfect solutions. TW3 is I believe the first game to use this form of custom AA. So hopefully it will be improved in the future.

32 minutes ago, davewolax said:

In conclusion: I'm a bit confused, someone need to explain to me then how does animation industries such as Pixar or movie companies with intense animations and visual effects don't have these issues? how is it that Pixar makes great high quality animations since 10 years ago (probably longer) without jagged edges and flickering lines? or how come the dragon in Game of thrones doesn't have jagged edges and flickering lines? how the freaking they do it?

How they do it? do they use 50 Titan graphic cards in SLI or something? I need answers!

It's because they aren't dealing with real-time rendering. Hardware is still not fast enough to be able to handle film grade AA in real time. But we're getting there.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

10 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Look right in the first few seconds of the video. Look at the details of this situation:

That being said; most games being run at 1080p with no AA filtering are going to look like ass with jaggies, shimmering and dancing lines all over. Because that's the result of the graphics settings being used in this example. It doesn't matter if it's on a GTX 750ti or 4 way Titan X SLI. If you're running at native resolution (not using DSR/VSR) and don't apply any AA filtering, it's not going to look good, regardless. The only time it will look good without any AA filtering is if the pixel density is high enough that the eye cannot see the individual pixels (basically 4k and above, for example). 

It is useless to compare game footage captured by different people if they're all using different graphics settings. 

wow.. what is this topic anyway? for aa? my aliasing in my games look more shittier than that.. and i cant stop noticing it because its the whole screen.. dang i thought this topic is for pixelated shadows and texture pop ins due to low draw distance but instead you guys are complaining about that aa while i have more shittier problems.. wew this pc isnt normal is this?

my greatest enemy in dark souls 3.. the grasses and slow rendering textures or i may say every game i had have this slow rendering textures and shimmering grasses or flickering or anything you call it..Untitled 2.png

wow it look better in pictures! now i have to wait for days again for you reply guys

6 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

wow.. what is this topic anyway? for aa? my aliasing in my games look more shittier than that.. and i cant stop noticing it because its the whole screen.. dang i thought this topic is for pixelated shadows and texture pop ins due to low draw distance but instead you guys are complaining about that aa while i have more shittier problems.. wew this pc isnt normal is this?

I don't think anyone knows what this topic is about anymore. It was based on a particular issue, and then tons of people came here for some reason to complain about many different issues that had nothing to do with the topic. Same thing happened with that thread on Nvidia forums mentioned a couple of times here, which is why it was hidden there.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

8 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

my greatest enemy in dark souls 3.. the grasses and slow rendering textures or i may say every game i had have this slow rendering textures and shimmering grasses or flickering or anything you call it..Untitled 2.png

wow it look better in pictures! now i have to wait for days again for you reply guys

I see the same thing with the grass in Dark Souls 3 as well. It's related to the level of detail vs the number of pixels available to display said level of detail (lack of pixel density). The result is pixelated shimmering etc. The solution I implemented to significantly reduce this effect is I use DSR and run the game at a higher resolution (2560x1600 instead of native 1920x1200). 

Here's what it looks like on max settings at 2560x1600 with DSR. Recorded this a few weeks back:

Make sure you watch it in at least 720p and full screen.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

52 minutes ago, davewolax said:

Film/TV animations and visual effects are essentially rendered once (in terms of the final output, not during production/editing) and from a 'fixed' perspective (the camera; yes, there are clearly scenes where the camera moves, but it's only one perspective the artist has to draw for). Because of that, they don't have to model everything in full, just so that it appears correct from the perspective of the camera. Much like the 'old school' film set matte paintings (see this article for more: http://sploid.gizmodo.com/the-amazing-matte-paintings-from-star-wars-and-their-cr-1680372651) it's all about manipulating what the audience sees versus reality. They don't need to make an entire 3D 'virtual world' in which the camera/viewer can wander about freely. Then there's the fact they can animate/render/design those objects at much higher resolutions than what your GPU can spit out at even 24 or 30fps. Think about the difference in visual quality between cinematic breaks in a video game versus the 'in-game' quality. There are a lot of reasons why they can make those animations without the jaggies and flickering, but that's some of it.

11 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

I see the same thing with the grass in Dark Souls 3 as well. It's related to the level of detail vs the number of pixels available to display said level of detail (lack of pixel density). The result is pixelated shimmering etc. The solution I implemented to significantly reduce this effect is I use DSR and run the game at a higher resolution (2560x1600 instead of native 1920x1200). 

Here's what it looks like on max settings at 2560x1600 with DSR. Recorded this a few weeks back:

Make sure you watch it in at least 720p and full screen.

so i need to use dsr..  you know what.. im totally dead right now.. cant save settings on nvidia inspector or nvidia control panel and i know the solution for it.. i need to reinstall my driver! how can i reinstall my driver when the driver cd cant be read and if im going to return and replace this gpu for another 750 ti.. i lost the receipt and i cant find it anywhere in my home.. if im going to reinstall the driver it might not be installed again and just show code 37 on device manager..now you see whos the most dead guy here

I didn't read all of the thread, but I need to say I've changed my gpu from Radeon 7950 with Vapor-X air cooling only because of this shit to Gigabyte G1 970... two days ago or smth like that. Now I'm going to give the card back and wait for 1070. It's not only about GeForce gpus unfortunately. For me it all started after GTA V pc premiere. I can't believe that I didn't notice any of those before that. Madness. http://imgur.com/a/3Ffbi

59 minutes ago, n0body said:

I didn't read all of the thread, but I need to say I've changed my gpu from Radeon 7950 with Vapor-X air cooling only because of this shit to Gigabyte G1 970... two days ago or smth like that. Now I'm going to give the card back and wait for 1070. It's not only about GeForce gpus unfortunately. For me it all started after GTA V pc premiere. I can't believe that I didn't notice any of those before that. Madness. http://imgur.com/a/3Ffbi

bro that was totally normal in gta v.. if you have other games that having this issue.. that is not normal but for gta v its normal.. try putting the shadows to nvidia pcss or amd chs or sharp shadows for better shadow dont use softest.. wait i see that is the sharp one.. hmm i think its not normal

15 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Wow! You didn't even take the time to read my post, did you?

16 hours ago, davewolax said:

This guy is playing GTA V on a Titan X and still have those anti aliasing issues. specially if you look at the lines on the street and parking lines, (white and yellow lines) you can clearly see flickering and jagged lines extremely visible. At some point of the video, he even increased MSAA to x8 and max out all settings and yet still have lots of issues.

Open your eyes and fully read a post before you make a blind reply.

2 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

bro that was totally normal in gta v.. if you have other games that having this issue.. that is not normal but for gta v its normal.. try putting the shadows to nvidia pcss or amd chs or sharp shadows for better shadow dont use softest.. wait i see that is the sharp one.. hmm i think its not normal

Haha :D Good to know. Not exactly, but after this I've started noticing shit like you can see on those screens. http://imgur.com/a/3Ffbi,

12 minutes ago, n0body said:

Haha :D Good to know. Not exactly, but after this I've started noticing shit like you can see on those screens. http://imgur.com/a/3Ffbi,

Imgur - Page not found 

12 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

so i need to use dsr..  you know what.. im totally dead right now.. cant save settings on nvidia inspector or nvidia control panel and i know the solution for it.. i need to reinstall my driver! how can i reinstall my driver when the driver cd cant be read and if im going to return and replace this gpu for another 750 ti.. i lost the receipt and i cant find it anywhere in my home.. if im going to reinstall the driver it might not be installed again and just show code 37 on device manager..now you see whos the most dead guy here

You shouldn't be using the drivers from the cd that came with your card. You should be downloading the latest drivers directly from Nvidia. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, App4that said:

This topic is still going? Damn. Play Forza 6, it's not the cards it's the code.

I would play Forza 6 if it would install on my PC. Keeps giving an error and none of the "fixes" I've tried seem to work. Common problem a lot of people are having with a number of windows apps from the stupid microsoft store. :dry:

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

I would play Forza 6 if it would install on my PC. Keeps giving an error and none of the "fixes" I've tried seem to work. Common problem a lot of people are having with a number of windows apps from the stupid microsoft store. :dry:

It's riddled with bugs. Like my Shield controller not working so I have to use a keyboard, and it crashing after the first commercial I mean race. But, it's god damn beautiful and the most optimized game I think I've ever played. I can run it maxed out at 4k with a locked 60fps.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'll record video from The Crew later. This shit ain't normal in my case. Im sure.

13 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

You shouldn't be using the drivers from the cd that came with your card. You should be downloading the latest drivers directly from Nvidia. 

wow! that nvidia are the one who destroyed my pc.. that driver 364.51.. it all started happening after this update 

you guys are so mad about your problems.. while mine is more shittier than your problems.. i run that benchmark i think its called heaven benchmark and the whole screen is pixelated and those building have some flickering shadows 

here just look at that! how can i play a game if that always what i see in the whole screenUntitled.png.af44316c4fdf7db7fe3fea2412dc138d.png

sure no one traveling on wheels not understand that it is a hardware problem,  I have this problem that when I have to buy gtx 970,  before I have hd r9 290 and quality of picture was beautiful and clear, I think I'll wait for the polaris to change my card (hd 490) but never I would buy a nvidia card. sorry for my english

3 minutes ago, wassimal01 said:

sure no one traveling on wheels not understand that it is a hardware problem,  I have this problem that when I have to buy gtx 970,  before I have hd r9 290 and quality of picture was beautiful and clear, I think I'll wait for the polaris to change my card (hd 490) but never I would buy a nvidia card. sorry for my english

when i bought this gpu 750 ti.. it was all good for i think 3 weeks or 4 then i started noticing this problems.. it all happened i think after adding more ram,updating to 364.51,downloading enb,reshade,and sweetfx.. i wish i could reverse time and never did that shits so im still playing this games with nice picture quality

6 hours ago, wassimal01 said:

Man, I've had Radeon 7950 from Sapphire, and now I've tested GTX 970 and same at both. Don't blame nvidia. This is something else...

42 minutes ago, n0body said:

Man, I've had Radeon 7950 from Sapphire, and now I've tested GTX 970 and same at both. Don't blame nvidia. This is something else...

yeah might be reshade,sweetfx,enb or any other graphical mods or files