Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas
6 hours ago, Ahuron said:

If I find a work for this summer I'll buy a completely new PC and I'll inform you if the problem is resolved.

It won't do anything to buy a new pc.

17 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

Well, if I play games on 2K the Shimmering its reduced a lot, so I'll try to buy a good PC for 2K at least.

5 hours ago, Ahuron said:

Well, if I play games on 2K the Shimmering its reduced a lot, so I'll try to buy a good PC for 2K at least.

this is the final graphics mod i downloaded.. i think its start happen after i downloaded this or the first graphics mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2098/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D2098%26preview%3D&pUp=1

okay bro try doing what your saying.. and i hope it be fixed for you..there is a TITAN X outside dont know why there is titan x there

and people just dont notice it.. how about i get it

2 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

this is the final graphics mod i downloaded.. i think its start happen after i downloaded this or the first graphics mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2098/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D2098%26preview%3D&pUp=1

okay bro try doing what your saying.. and i hope it be fixed for you..there is a TITAN X outside dont know why there is titan x there

and people just dont notice it.. how about i get it

i was wrong.. it was not a titan x but just gtx 970 :D but still better than my gtx 750 ti.. i wonder if this belong to the new guy in the neighborhood

7 hours ago, Demiqas said:

Dont say that if u dont know. Just because one guy said he did that without success doesnt mean anything actually. Because we both know we he/we suffer arent actually normal and we know it isnt a electricy issue and it cant be a internet virus (probably a hardware virus) a completely new setup without anything that plugged in the old setup should actually fix the Issue but that doesnt mean he cant trigger it again. But i would actually would invest money to figure out what the problem is then buying a new computer.

guys what do you use to record videos on pc? bandicam? or any like that? i would post it here and you guys will see how bad it is

23.png

look at those jaggies... and pixelated shadows.. you cant see the most of it because its a picture but you can see some aliasing on the painting and the window 

1 hour ago, KenjiD5 said:

23.png

look at those jaggies... and pixelated shadows.. you cant see the most of it because its a picture but you can see some aliasing on the painting and the window 

yea it doesn't work like that, screenshots can't record jaggies which appear during movement

59 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

yea it doesn't work like that, screenshots can't record jaggies which appear during movement

even when im not moving.. its happening.. anyway i have downloaded bandicam.. i be uploading the dark souls 3 video soon.. prepare your eyes for a nightmare graphics

So, i just made this account to tell you guys, that i also have this problem, its like my GPU forgot how to do Anti-aliasing, or it never did... my GTA V looks like crap even at max AA, but im starting to think that its a normal thing, because this guy has it too... whatever it is, we must have something in common, ive read a comment from YouTube that our GPU might be infected, i think its some kind of bullshit -_-

6 minutes ago, sameissues said:

So, i just made this account to tell you guys, that i also have this problem, its like my GPU forgot how to do Anti-aliasing, or it never did... my GTA V looks like crap even at max AA, but im starting to think that its a normal thing, because this guy has it too... whatever it is, we must have something in common, ive read a comment from YouTube that our GPU might be infected, i think its some kind of bullshit -_-

bro  i watch a video in youtube gta v also.. its happening too and its happening too on that pc i have watched.. but i watch it on a mobile.. mobile i never attach to my pc or i mean i never charge to my pc.. i watch it.. it was clearly better.. both in 720p

18 minutes ago, sameissues said:

I think in GTA V these problems are kinda common , but otherwise yeah we all feel like the same , unusual jagged edges and flickering etc. Whatever it cause it it doesnt happen in every game but in most  what makes it so akward.

1 hour ago, SpeedUp10 said:

I think in GTA V these problems are kinda common , but otherwise yeah we all feel like the same , unusual jagged edges and flickering etc. Whatever it cause it it doesnt happen in every game but in most  what makes it so akward.

i upload my dark souls 3 gameplay.. i be finishing uploading it tomorrow

Sorry i cant post dark souls 3 right now.. it will took 10 hours to post a 10 minutes video.. i will just make a shorter version like just seconds.. just to show the problem

6 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

guys what do you use to record videos on pc? bandicam? or any like that? i would post it here and you guys will see how bad it is

Your using an Nvidia GPU. Just use Shadowplay. No need to download and use a separate program. Shadowplay also has very little performance impact while recording. ;)

1 hour ago, sameissues said:

A few things to note here; this is GTA 5 running on a 940m. It's a low-end notebook GPU and it's running at 1366 x 768. No amount of AA is going to perfectly clean up GTA 5 at that resolution and with the settings turned down. This is just common sense. 

The footage in this video, considering it's on a 940m, actually looks quite good, IMO and is totally playable. I really don't see the problem here. 

I have a 6 month old laptop with the exact same specs (i5-5200u and 940m) with a 17" 1600 x 900 native resolution. I tried running Forza 6 Apex on it yesterday and it actually runs quite smoothly on it. In order for it to run smoothly, it has to run on low settings and at 1366 x 768. Now, because of this, it doesn't look all that great - jaggies and shimmering all over. It looks "good enough" for me to still enjoy the game - looks like an xbox 360 game or something, but the difference here is I know why it looks like this and it's normal.  

It's one thing to say games don't look right on higher-end hardware (970's/390's or better) and on higher resolution displays (1080p or higher), THAT would make this issue a real possible issue. However, what I've been seeing in this thread lately is people posting footage captured of lower-end hardware running higher-demanding games with reduced graphics settings and at lower resolutions and complaining how it looks bad. OF COURSE it's going to look bad! Seriously, what do you expect in those situations??? 

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I've been following this thread for a long time and I have only seen 1 or 2 people actually post up relevant evidence of a possible real issue pertaining to the original topic. Nearly everyone else has just been posting up footage and complaining about normal graphical anomalies due to running the game with lower-end hardware at lower graphics settings and at lower resolutions. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Some of you have tried to modify the GPU BIOS?

so instead of uploading the 10 min video of dark souls 3.. i upload the 3 mins one.. i be back

The video turned out to have bad quality so make sure to watch it 720p or 480p to see what im talking about..

anyways it took so long to upload.. next time i will just records 10-17 seconds videos

3 hours ago, sameissues said:

That video is a perfect example. It's as if the game has been upscaled from 800x600, even at 1080p with max AA. That's the best way to explain this issue, as if everything is being upscaled and AA suddenly stops working at all. Even SGSSAA didn't do anything on my 750 ti, except for sht on my fps. The funny thing is, it happened in steps to me. First, everything works perfectly fine, then everything looks bad unless you enable AA, then even AA stops working then even obscure methods of AA through nvidiainspector stop working. It happened exactly the same way to the 960 I had and the 750 ti I bought after that, and a laptop I bought with a 630m in it.

Edit: Aha, I see that video is running at a low resolution, which is why it displayed the issue so well. Now imagine my games looked exactly like that but at 1080p resolution with supersampling turned on. Even downsampling did nothing but reduce its visibility marginally. 

Right now on my 5750 everythings working pretty damn fine. I'm starting to think whether it's completely random and has no relation to GPU type. Although I've still had the worst experiences with nvidia. It all started there for me anyway.

1 hour ago, Ahuron said:

Some of you have tried to modify the GPU BIOS?

I did try some updates, to no avail, on one of the older cards I had.

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

it's one thing to say games don't look right on higher-end hardware (970's/390's or better) and on higher resolution displays (1080p or higher), THAT would make this issue a real possible issue. However, what I've been seeing in this thread lately is people posting footage captured of lower-end hardware running higher-demanding games with reduced graphics settings and at lower resolutions and complaining how it looks bad. OF COURSE it's going to look bad! Seriously, what do you expect in those situations??? 

The issue (for me atleast) is that even with the lower end hardware, such as the 630m I had, and even the 750 ti, everything looked perfectly fine initially. Then the downgrade , which I've probably mentioned too many times already in this thread, happened.

Going to triple post here because I fail at merging these quotes.

I wish I could've recorded what my games looked like on the 960 at max settings, but it's a bit too late for that now eh.

I might pick up a polaris card once it's released and do some comparisons between the 5750 I have now and the polaris card. As I've mentioned my 5750's AA is working fine so if there's any anomality with the new card it will be visible.

i try moving my computer upstairs and plug it in the power outlet we rarely use.. if i can count how many times we use it i think we only use it 5-7 times.. lets see if its a power related problem

1 minute ago, KenjiD5 said:

i try moving my computer upstairs and plug it in the power outlet we rarely use.. if i can count how many times we use it i think we only use it 5-7 times.. lets see if its a power related problem

In my case it isn't. And if in your case it is, then it's about the installation in your house. I guess not because a single power outlet.

It's been a while i didn't visit this topic.

Still having this issue too, on Dark Souls III as well, last game i bought.

I'm thinking about recording few games, mostly Amnesia, since it have DirectX and OpenGL, could be good for comparison, in 1080p.

Anyway, since then, as annoying as this stuff can be, i pretty much accepted it since there is no solution at all to get rid of it. I'm aware games are not supposed to look like this, but i keep a skeptical opinion on it also,  still wonder why it went like this so suddenly.

6 minutes ago, jinx33 said:

It's been a while i didn't visit this topic.

Still having this issue too, on Dark Souls III as well, last game i bought.

I'm thinking about recording few games, mostly Amnesia, since it have DirectX and OpenGL, could be good for comparison, in 1080p.

Anyway, since then, as annoying as this stuff can be, i pretty much accepted it since there is no solution at all to get rid of it. I'm aware games are not supposed to look like this, but i keep a skeptical opinion on it also,  still wonder why it went like this so suddenly.

we cant show our friends how our game look like :(