Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas
On 12-5-2016 at 7:38 PM, SpeedUp10 said:

There is always going to be aliasing. That looks very pretty nevertheless. If you think you have this issue, you probably don't because you'll know when you do

our issue by the way is the opposite of what you've described, games look way, way too sharp compared to how they should be, not blurry.

Anyway, I'm still on this hd 5750 and so far the image quality is a lot better than my previous 750ti. If I were to describe how, the difference lies mainly in sharpness and supersampling working properly. Without anti aliasing games still look bad, but with aa turned on everything's as smooth as you'd expect it to be (just like it should be). I remember my r7 260x was the exact same way. I had a build earlier, not touched by an nvidia card for testing purposes, a clean one started with an fx 8320 and an r7 260x, and my current hd 5750 is exactly the same was my r7 260x was. Why I got rid of the 260x back then? I simply thought I got "used" to the bad graphics and switched to the 750 ti for more performance, and then I realised I didn't get used to anything at all, the r7 260x simply looked a lot better.

18 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

There is always going to be aliasing. That looks very pretty nevertheless. If you think you have this issue, you probably don't because you'll know when you do

our issue by the way is the opposite of what you've described, games look way, way too sharp compared to how they should be, not blurry.

Anyway, I'm still on this hd 5750 and so far the image quality is a lot better than my previous 750ti. If I were to describe how, the difference lies mainly in sharpness and supersampling working properly. Without anti aliasing games still look bad, but with aa turned on everything's as smooth as you'd expect it to be (just like it should be). I remember my r7 260x was the exact same way. I had a build earlier, not touched by an nvidia card for testing purposes, a clean one started with an fx 8320 and an r7 260x, and my current hd 5750 is exactly the same was my r7 260x was. Why I got rid of the 260x back then? I simply thought I got "used" to the bad graphics and switched to the 750 ti for more performance, and then I realised I didn't get used to anything at all, the r7 260x simply looked a lot better.

Well i dont think i got all the same problems like the most of u , but in my setup is definitly something wrong aswell, i never had these jagged edges before and i never thought that my games look blurry but now its just look blurry and its more visible in distance because of the flimmering edges from building/windows blabla . But well idk excatly what is going on.  Which Aa u use?

AND the ONLY real Solution is building a completly new Setup??

Edited by SpeedUp10

1 hour ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Well i dont think i got all the same problems like the most of u , but in my setup is definitly something wrong aswell, i never had these jagged edges before and i never thought that my games look blurry but now its just look blurry and its more visible in distance because of the flimmering edges from building/windows blabla . But well idk excatly what is going on.  Which Aa u use?

AND the ONLY real Solution is building a completly new Setup??

There is no solution yet, few have tried a completely new setup but nothing changed. I was mainly referring to the difference between nvidia/amd. On my 5750 I use supersampling and it makes the image look very beautiful and smooth. Shame the 5750 can't really handle that in newer games for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

There is no solution yet, few have tried a completely new setup but nothing changed. I was mainly referring to the difference between nvidia/amd. On my 5750 I use supersampling and it makes the image look very beautiful and smooth. Shame the 5750 can't really handle that in newer games for obvious reasons.

Mhm, i cant belive there is no solution for a problem which exist min. 3 years.

Well people always talk about "tried other gpu's/cpu's or monitors, but what about the more simpler things like cpu cooler/or computer case pins or what ever . Did some1 tried usw the chipset driver which comes with mainboard cd?

And if its not a voltage or definitly not a virus dats just dumb. Then maybe its the disk? Or maybe the driver installation ordee after fresh install of OS idk...

15 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Mhm, i cant belive there is no solution for a problem which exist min. 3 years.

Well people always talk about "tried other gpu's/cpu's or monitors, but what about the more simpler things like cpu cooler/or computer case pins or what ever . Did some1 tried usw the chipset driver which comes with mainboard cd?

And if its not a voltage or definitly not a virus dats just dumb. Then maybe its the disk? Or maybe the driver installation ordee after fresh install of OS idk...

There's no need to try those things as it is physically impossible for those components to affect the way a gpu renders graphics.

Pretty sure we are somewhat in agreement that it's a software issue, although we cannot be 100% sure about any of it. The biggest issue is the inability to record differences. Too much fps/time/quality-loss to make any sense out of it. So we can't really see what has an effect on anything.

13 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

There's no need to try those things as it is physically impossible for those components to affect the way a gpu renders graphics.

Pretty sure we are somewhat in agreement that it's a software issue, although we cannot be 100% sure about any of it. The biggest issue is the inability to record differences. Too much fps/time/quality-loss to make any sense out of it. So we can't really see what has an effect on anything.

But we all can agree that it worked fine before . And thats the point, and if we belive its not a hardware problem like u said people tried new setups without success. I saw a few people just got this problem after a new OS install, or gpu change , so it must have smth to do with drivers or conflicts between them. PROBABLY the automatic windows driver installation ?

Woah.. be grateful boy your graphics in the division are good than mine.. im getting frustated now and i dont know what to do.. i only play fb unity games now like critical ops (my favorite),critical strike,and warface and im getting this problems too even that games.. it looks shit but now look shittier and i dont know why this has to happen.. what is the point of buying a new gpu if your graphics is shit and look tweaked to very low.. damn this shit i will not buy a new gpu if i only have directx 11 in my geforce 210

it looks like everyday my graphics is getting lower and lower and lower and lower...

now gta v have so low shadow distance.. im not talking about the shadow box issue i mean the shadow distance!

i can see a house just cross the road and it doesnt have any shadows and when i cross the road it have shadows and its too obvious that the rendering were so slow and shit.. the settings x8 msaa and extended draw distance have fully improve the image quality but the performance.. is shit

reply to me if you get a solution

i cant change nvcontrol panel settings it wont save and i know how to fix it.. reinstall current driver but my driver cd cant be read so i need to download one in the internet

i cant rma the card for now.. the receipt is gone or just maybe hiding in our house.. cant seem to find it i hope it's just in my house

i cant download a new driver because it might wreck my pc again

NOW WHO'S DEAD??

What about someone buying a builded and tested new Computer just for testing and refund after a few days?

I mean he/she could test this computer first at a friends/mums/dad house or whatever and then if its working fine u just use it in ur house too and just do the same stuff u did before at ur friends house and look if smth changed? I mean this could help us to figure out if its a voltage problem or inet virus or whatever. I would do it but unfortunaly i dont have so much money no matter if just refund after. Just an Idea of lost hopes :D

What about someone buying a builded and tested new Computer just for testing and refund after a few days?

I mean he/she could test this computer first at a friends/mums/dad house or whatever and then if its working fine u just use it in ur house too and just do the same stuff u did before at ur friends house and look if smth changed? I mean this could help us to figure out if its a voltage problem or inet virus or whatever. I would do it but unfortunaly i dont have so much money no matter if just refund after. Just an Idea of lost hopes :D

EDIT: just tested the voltage in my house and it was 220 so just as it should be. So this cant be the problem.

On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 0:29 PM, davewolax said:

I have some updates.

Take a look at this video:

This guy is playing GTA V on a Titan X and still have those anti aliasing issues. specially if you look at the lines on the street and parking lines, (white and yellow lines) you can clearly see flickering and jagged lines extremely visible. At some point of the video, he even increase MSAA to x8 and max out all settings and yet still have lots of issues.

We are living in a time were games are more advanced than the latest hardware available in the market in the entire planet. Thats something really sad. I thought a $1000 graphics card would outperform any game no matter what. but turns out I was wrong. Even GTX 1080 will not be able to play these games ultra settings which is the sad truth. 

Now you guys should probably deal with it because there is no solution. this is hardware limitation and until NVIDIA and other corporations don't make better chips, this problem will still exists. 

In conclusion: I'm a bit confused, someone need to explain to me then how does animation industries such as Pixar or movie companies with intense animations and visual effects don't have these issues? how is it that Pixar makes great high quality animations since 10 years ago (probably longer) without jagged edges and flickering lines? or how come the dragon in Game of thrones doesn't have jagged edges and flickering lines? how the freaking they do it?

How they do it? do they use 50 Titan graphic cards in SLI or something? I need answers!

Classic MSAA techniques do not work on texture aliasing, which includes things like street lines, fencing and other such features. It targets primarily polygon edges. In exchange, the performance is relatively high.

There are adaptive techniques available that target texture aliasing as well (AMD calls this Adaptive MSAA) where MSAA is used alongside targeted SSAA for certain textures, though the performance hit is somewhere between traditional MSAA and pure SSAA.

Games that rely on Deferred Shading cannot utilize standard MSAA well at all, there is a workaround, though performance is not far off compared to SSAA, hence the popularity of post-AA methods.

I remember reading somewhere that the render farm used for the original Toy Story weighed in at about 3 Tflops. I an unsure as to the validity, but assumming even a 3rd (1 TFlop) instead, the system has hours to process a single frame vs 16-32 ms per frame in a game.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

My main point of worry is that the same problems appear on way older games that don't use deferred shading nor are graphically intensive. 

On my 750 ti, supersampling simply didn't work. I have a 5750 right now, and playing the exact same game with supersampling and it's looking beautiful, yet on my 750 ti for some reason it simply didn't work. 4x SSAA looked comparable to 2xMSAA or even no AA.

i have a bit of a fix for games.. if you remove the internet or anything like that to your computer... sorry i dont know how internet work on your country just do it remove the internet.. so if there is no internet try to play a game.. you can see it improve a bit but still pop ins and aliasing but just improve the image quality.. if it doesnt then trying running it as admin and if it doesnt work again try running in high priority.. then maybe it should help you get a little bit of an "image"

2 hours ago, KenjiD5 said:

i have a bit of a fix for games.. if you remove the internet or anything like that to your computer... sorry i dont know how internet work on your country just do it remove the internet.. so if there is no internet try to play a game.. you can see it improve a bit but still pop ins and aliasing but just improve the image quality.. if it doesnt then trying running it as admin and if it doesnt work again try running in high priority.. then maybe it should help you get a little bit of an "image"

placebo

9 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

placebo

what placebo mean?

1 hour ago, KenjiD5 said:

what placebo mean?

It's when you think there has been a change or difference, but there really hasn't. 

None of those things you mentioned have any impact on image quality at all.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

42 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

It's when you think there has been a change or difference, but there really hasn't. 

None of those things you mentioned have any impact on image quality at all.  

it improved mine a "BIT" so its maybe working for me only

The funny thing is this whole Issue exists like more then 4 years. And no one ever provided a Solution for this . Other funny part is that the intense of the Problem shows up diffrently at every game . But some games like gta 5 working for noone who suffer from this problem. Other part is that there are games , just a few which work just how they should be, for me its the new game "Overwatch" just perfect.  I thinks its just perfect optimized or its use other ressources maybe cause its new engine or smth and doesnt need older things which probably just buggy for us.

But yeah good thing is my favourite game just working well ,  and if its not anytime in the future i just sell every part from cpu cooler to cpu to  mice and just build a COMPLETE new setup + i will not download the games which after i noticed this problem like "the division" or "Gta 5".

39 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

The funny thing is this whole Issue exists like more then 4 years. And no one ever provided a Solution for this . Other funny part is that the intense of the Problem shows up diffrently at every game . But some games like gta 5 working for noone who suffer from this problem. Other part is that there are games , just a few which work just how they should be, for me its the new game "Overwatch" just perfect.  I thinks its just perfect optimized or its use other ressources maybe cause its new engine or smth and doesnt need older things which probably just buggy for us.

But yeah good thing is my favourite game just working well ,  and if its not anytime in the future i just sell every part from cpu cooler to cpu to  mice and just build a COMPLETE new setup + i will not download the games which after i noticed this problem like "the division" or "Gta 5".

i played gta v recently and i focus myself not to notice those things and yeah it still look cool but look like gta 4 with gta 5 mods.. the problem is im stuttering in gta v for now.. and then i saw some vehicle texture popin and i notice a grainy thing i dont know what to call it in the game.. only when i walk into those things they be gone

42 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

i saw guy comment on youtube video about this problems and he fixed it by buying UPS and Stablizer

9 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

i saw guy comment on youtube video about this problems and he fixed it by buying UPS and Stablizer

No it has nothing to do with this, i tried my pc at a friends house + my house itself and the place is very good .

1 hour ago, KenjiD5 said:

it improved mine a "BIT" so its maybe working for me only

The thing is; what you did cannot effect image quality. It could possibly improve performance, slightly, but not image quality

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

14 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

The thing is; what you did cannot effect image quality. It could possibly improve performance, slightly, but not image quality

yeh anything you say bro..

i have found the receipt when i bought this so i can return it back now and get a new one.. just like this

51 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

No it has nothing to do with this, i tried my pc at a friends house + my house itself and the place is very good .

what do you mean? maybe it has something to do with it.. i might try buying it and i reply if it fix it

5 minutes ago, KenjiD5 said:

yeh anything you say bro..

i have found the receipt when i bought this so i can return it back now and get a new one.. just like this

what do you mean? maybe it has something to do with it.. i might try buying it and i reply if it fix it

It's not what I say. It's how it works. 

Same thing with power delivery (power in your house). We've been over this many times in this very thread. The PSU and the power deliver circuit on the GPU pre-conditions and cleans the power coming in so that the voltage and current is within a very tight tolerance range for the GPU. Unclean power will not change how the GPU renders the game. It will either work or give a black screen. I know this because I had a bad PSU that killed 2 GPUs on me. When the GPU's worked, the image quality never suffered or degraded. The only sign was slightly lower frame rates from the R9 290 before it died. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Hey, can someone test this option who suffer from jagged edges flimmer etc.

Go to nvidia control panel and chose the game  in 3d application not global if its not listed just search and add it to the list then just click reset settings or smth like that and look how it goes. Cant try it now.

6 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

It's not what I say. It's how it works. 

Same thing with power delivery (power in your house). We've been over this many times in this very thread. The PSU and the power deliver circuit on the GPU pre-conditions and cleans the power coming in so that the voltage and current is within a very tight tolerance range for the GPU. Unclean power will not change how the GPU renders the game. It will either work or give a black screen. I know this because I had a bad PSU that killed 2 GPUs on me. When the GPU's worked, the image quality never suffered or degraded. The only sign was slightly lower frame rates from the R9 290 before it died. 

Gta v looks so bad now.. so many missing items unless i walk into them.. i know about the shadow box issue in gtav.. but there is more problem.. there is some gray or grainy thing like noise effects in the ground and when i walk into them they are gone.. i benchmark gta v and im getting 29-50 frames while before i get 45-60 fps..while flying i saw a box.. a big box but no so big to render the whole screen.. and i can see tree popping up and building getting colored and detailed.. it look so bad and when having some cinematic.. its pixelated.. i think i cant finish gta v now..