New Hardware Requirements for Star Citizen announced & More

Lukiose

The Digital Mercenary is enough for Alpha/Beta access, after you buy the package you can actually refund it for the same value of store credits, so you can refund whatever you buy and top up the extra for a better package later on, pledge early for the benefits and upgrade to higher tiers later!

For example: Digital Mercenary $40 > Refund $40 credit + $25 = Digital Bounty Hunter > Refund $65 credit + $15 = Arbiter > Refund $80 + $45 = Digital Colonel/Freelancer.

Would this approach save money? Sorry I'm a little lost  :wacko:

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Would this approach save money? Sorry I'm a little lost  :wacko:

No actually i guess :x

But you do get the benefits of being an early backer, whilst retaining the ability to upgrade to a higher tier anytime you like if you don't want to sink $100 into the game just yet  :)  As you can see from the stretch goals early backers do get some benefits.

i.e : Backers before 16 million gets a laser pistol etc

No actually i guess :x

But you do get the benefits of being an early backer, whilst retaining the ability to upgrade to a higher tier anytime you like if you don't want to sink $100 into the game just yet  :)  As you can see from the stretch goals early backers do get some benefits.

i.e : Backers before 16 million gets a laser pistol etc

Dang I should have backed earlier  :( I think the furthest I'm willing to spend is the 65  :wacko:

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Clocking 100's of hours on Freelancer I'm very much starting to look forward to this now  ^_^

So to summarize:

64bit OS

at LEAST a quad-core, HT or higher cores possibly beneficial

at least 8GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 770 (i.e. a GTX 680) or AMD equivalent (HD 7950 overclocked or 7970) is recommended for MEDIUM settings.

HT is not beneficial for games >_< read my thread please, thank you.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Dang I should have backed earlier  :( I think the furthest I'm willing to spend is the 65  :wacko:

IKR, i totally regret not backing in December when i first saw the Kickstarter, at the time i thought "2015? The fuq that is like forever!". Now i'm so caught up with studies that time just flies, before i know it i've completed my A's & Star Citizen would be out right after!

Go for the Pathfinder or Arbiter package though :P  Because the insurance would cover the base model with the base parts, so in the event that you lose your 315p/325a in the future insurance would cover you with the equipped 'stock' weapons. The 300i insurance would only cover the ship with 1 gun! The 325a on the other hand is equipped with 5 as stock.

IKR, i totally regret not backing in December when i first saw the Kickstarter, at the time i thought "2015? The fuq that is like forever!". Now i'm so caught up with studies that time just flies, before i know it i've completed my A's & Star Citizen would be out right after!

Go for the Pathfinder or Arbiter package though :P  Because the insurance would cover the base model with the base parts, so in the event that you lose your 315p/325a in the future insurance would cover you with the equipped weapons. The 300i insurance would only cover the ship with 1 gun! The 325a on the other hand is equipped with 5 as stock.

Yeah I'm starting to think now... I have no idea what I'll be doing in November next year... I kind of just want to wait and then just upgrade a system and buy it that way... I'm not sure of anything anymore  :(

Haha had a moment and spent 275 bucks on rear admiral :P! Gonna be awesome!

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

@Dragontail Me jelly, donate me 30 dollars so i can up to a freelancer :x

Congratulations on your purchase :D  The constellation is gonna be beast.

@Dragontail Me jelly, donate me 30 dollars so i can up to a freelancer :x

Congratulations on your purchase :D  The constellation is gonna be beast.

Thanks man! Now I just have to wait until it is released!

Yeahh!!! An excuse to upgrade my titan!!!

A justification for buying 2x780 and wc them!

Excuse me as I do my research on this. and save money.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

HT is not beneficial for games >_< read my thread please, thank you.

From the article:

Für Prozessoren gelte das Gleiche. Vier Kerne sollten es schon sein und ob mehr notwendig sein werden, müsse man von der technischen Entwicklung der kommenden 12 Monate abhängig machen. Wie die Skalierung der Kerne dann sein werde, könne er genau wie den Effekt von HT noch nicht einschätzen.

More accurate translation:

The same thing goes for processors. Four cores will be needed, and the need for more cores shall be dependent on the technical developments of the next 12 months. It is not yet possible to estimate the scaling potential of adding more cores, or to determine the effectiveness of HT (hyperthreading).

HT is not beneficial for CURRENT games. Star Citizen is not due out for over a year. While Hyperthreading and a high core count are, as you say, not currently needed or indeed used, the engineers at working on Star Citizen are considering making them beneficial for their game.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I think i will spend $40 on the starter package that includes the alpha and such since i don't want to invest a whole lot of cash into this game.

I think i will spend $40 on the starter package that includes the alpha and such since i don't want to invest a whole lot of cash into this game.

It takes one hell of a lot for me to pay anything for something that I won't get for a good while yet. But this game.... Oh it's so close to making me buy it!!!

8 GB RAM and a 4-core CPU? Guess I get to keep playing on my laptop then.

Have you got a 680/770 equivalent GPU in that laptop of yours then? Or is the laptop 720x480?

You missed the GPU part of the topic. It requires at least a GTX 770 to play on MEDIUM settings. I bet you any money your laptop doesn't meet that requirement.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Now I feel vindicated that I bought 16GB of RAM.

I can't wait to play this game.

Have you got a 680/770 equivalent GPU in that laptop of yours then? Or is the laptop 720x480?

You missed the GPU part of the topic. It requires at least a GTX 770 to play on MEDIUM settings. I bet you any money your laptop doesn't meet that requirement.

It was a joke -_-

That said, I'd probably be perfectly happy playing on the lowest settings at 30 FPS, and might be able to tolerate it for a little while even lower than that. All that said I'm probably going to get a real computer at some point in the next 2 years so I'll only have to get through some of the alpha and beta content.

I was thinking of getting a 4670k to go with my 7970.But even that beast of a system sounds weak in this game.

Hey @Linus. You know you said you would only upgrade your system if you had to? Well guess what? More build logs coming!

Pretty sure GTX 590 SLI will be able to handle something a single 770 can do :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

My poor 570 might not be able to even run it.