New Hardware Requirements for Star Citizen announced & More

Lukiose

A justification for buying 2x780 and wc them!

You won't need 2 780's to run the game well. The game hasn't even reached alpha yet (so there has been no optimization) and people are already thinking they will need to the highest end of hardware. Once the game releases you will probably want to have an 880 or something along those lines. Once again the game has no optimization yet so it's expected to run so poorly at the moment until the game reaches Alpha and then Beta.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You won't need 2 780's to run the game well. The game hasn't even reached alpha yet (so there has been no optimization) and people are already thinking they will need to the highest end of hardware. Once the game releases you will probably want to have an 880 or something along those lines. Once again the game has no optimization yet so it's expected to run so poorly at the moment until the game reaches Alpha and then Beta.

Yeah... "problem" is that I already have it :D so what I meant was - finally a game that can justify my 780´s WCed.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

I plan on having two R9-970's, so I should be perfectly fine. By then I'll also be on Haswell-E. Well, Haswell-E is the plan at least

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Update: Some new videos and pictures from DragonCon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUzNQEtuYwU&feature=player_embedded

IMG_0119_zps1f7d9111.jpg

IMG_0120_zps0a9d618b.jpg

IMG_0118_zps3e86a98f.jpg

IMG_0117_zps94ef95da.jpg

Pictures - Terra (Planet Earth)      *W.I.P On bottom right indicates Work in Progress!

Even though it was taken at 120p with a potato, this already looks absolutely beast!

Might have to grab 16GBs of RAM when I get paid. Until then however I shall just buy a 7970 and then upon games release I shall upgrade my GPU again. But I seriously need to get rid of my GTX 560 Ti....

So to do list when I get paid:

1. AMD 7970

2. 16GBs of RAM

..... then I wait.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I got a intel 2500K OC to 4.5 GHZ ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, 16 GB of ram, and two GTX 570's, so i'm going to need new GPU's but that was the plan from me, when i get home from my deployment next summer.

I'm only getting 40 fps with the hangar module on max settings so yea, I definitely need to upgrade as I can't stand playing at anything under 60fps. This is on 1080p since the module doesn't support 1440p yet so it'll be even worse at that res.

i5-2550K @ 4.5Ghz

8GB RAM

GTX 680

Somehow I feel like waiting for Star Citizen RAM scaling benchmarks of 8GB vs 16GB... before upgrading. Obviously there's no reason to disbelieve them; just that 2 x 8GB DDR is not cheap and haven't seen any other game using 8GB yet. So want to make sure that the time is right for upgrading to 16GB (has to happen at some point).

Somehow I feel like waiting for Star Citizen RAM scaling benchmarks of 8GB vs 16GB... before upgrading. There's no reason to disbelieve them; just that 2 x 8GB DDR is not cheap and haven't seen any other game using 8GB yet.

It won't use more than 4gb I would bet money. Plus the 2gb of system ram for background processes equels 6gb. 8gb Is the right amount to have 16gb will do nothing.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I think everyone who wants to play this game max needs a Titam or 9970 lol. Because of a 770 can only play on medium, laa dee daa~

I'm not sure what the fuss is about with this. Okay, so it's being designed to be used with state of the art technology in 18 months. But the scheduled final release is for q1 2015... which would be about 18 months away...

I agree, I don't get the logic behind, "My 7979 can't run well at 1080p so it must be poor optimizations". Consoles are the kings of optimizations, they cut resolution where it is hardly noticeable,reduce draw distances and substitute sky boxes, and more tweaks that do make a game look worse just not so much obviously worse. Star Citizen is refusing to do so, so sorry your 1.5 year old, albeit high end card isn't he enough.

It won't use more than 4gb I can guarantee that and would bet money. Plus the 2gb of system ram for background processes equels 6gb. 8gb Is the right amount to have 16gb will do nothing.

At what resolution? My system already uses just over 6gb for BF3, I am good with my 8gb (2x4) now but, Star citizen could easily have texture packs available at 4k or more in a year. If so the 3gb on a 780 already hits about 2.5 on Crysus 3 at only 1600p you better believe higher resolutions will start stacking up that better fast. *this is assuming dx 11.2 allows the system ram to basically add to VRAM. If its slower that's all the reason to need more capacity to dump more at one time.

Looks like there's finally a game to tempt me to upgrade my 560ti lol. I wonder if the game will run smoothly on low settings in 1080p single monitor...