8 Year old boy shoots grandmother after playing GTA 4.

Only in america...

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I played gta SA when i was around that age, yet you never seen me shooting grandma's, i at least knew better not to even touch a gun.

gamesviolence.jpg

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

The media needs something that will hit home like video games. Everyone plays them so what better way to get viewers by saying it's evil and will cause your kids to go mad. Nobody wants to hear about an irresponsible parent.

The media needs something that will hit home like video games. Everyone plays them so what better way to get viewers by saying it's evil and will cause your kids to go mad. Nobody wants to hear about an irresponsible parent.

But an irresponsible parent should hit home for like... 50+% of the US. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Your childhood sucked if you didn't play GTA:SA.

Don't worry... I played GTA: SA as a kid. But not at the age of 8.

Don't worry... I played GTA: SA as a kid. But not at the age of 8.

Think I was 11 or 12 when I got it. My dad bought it for me on the basis my mother knew nothing of it :P

Just thought of this little thing...

GTA IV has sold £25million copies (as of late 2012), one kid shoots his grandma. So we can conclude that GTA IV turns children into killers...

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I agree 100% when I am an adult I plan to get a gun, and give my wife a gun... i'm sure that will mean were both a bit more nicer to eachother and that the relationship will last forever...

still a better lovestory than twilight...

but on a serious note PEOPLE SHOULD NOT OWN A GUN IF THEY HAVE KIDS, I DO NOT PLAN ON HAVING KIDS BECAUSE I FOLLOW THE 3 RULES

RULE NO.1 KEEP IT WRAPPED

RULE NO.2 PULL OUT EVEN WITH IT WRAPPED

RULE NO.3 SNEAK BIRTH CONTROL INTO YOUR GF'S CEREAL AT BREAKFAST BECAUSE MURICA

I'm not even an adult, I'm 16, and I own an R870-20 (Remington 870 express, 20 gauge). My family has a tradition that on a males 16th birthday, he gets his own leather bible, and his own shotgun. When I'm a father, the very same tradition will continue.

A man needs to know what's right and wrong, and how to protect and provide for his family.

I'm not even an adult, I'm 16, and I own an R870-20 (Remington 870 express, 20 gauge). My family has a tradition that on a males 16th birthday, he gets his own leather bible, and his own shotgun. When I'm a father, the very same tradition will continue.

A man needs to know what's right and wrong, and how to protect and provide for his family.

While I'm not religious and don't share the same views on gun control, your/your family's attitude towards things is perfect. Education is key.

This post made me smile :D. I love it. 

Just thought of this little thing...

GTA IV has sold £25million copies (as of late 2012), one kid shoots his grandma. So we can conclude that GTA IV turns children into killers...

Well, you have to consider this though:

How many of those copies were actually played by children under 10? That would show it a wee bit more than just saying "1 in 25 million british pounds worth of copies caused it" as that implies the percentage is veeeery small.

Whereas, if you look at it as "1 in X copies that children under 10 played caused it" which would still be a very small percentage, but not nearly as small as the prior one.

Do not get me wrong, video games are not to blame for this stuff, I am just saying, the percentage of this incident is a wee bit larger than what your statement implies.

Education is key.

Agreed.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have been playing GTA since I was 5 and I have always understood that it is wrong to shoot people and drive over pedestrians. 

• 8 months later...

1. How the hell does that 8 year old have access to a gun?

2. Why is a 8 year old playing gta?

America gun laws are f#@&ed.

Yes Americans feel free to hate on me all you like but the reality of it is that the gun laws need to be more strict.

1. How the hell does that 8 year old have access to a gun?

2. Why is a 8 year old playing gta?

America gun laws are f#@&ed.

Yes Americans feel free to hate on me all you like but the reality of it is that the gun laws need to be more strict.

its not the gun laws , its the parents. they should reponsible for 1 not buy the child GTA4 and 2 lock up the Firearm

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

its not the gun laws , its the parents. they should reponsible and 1 not buy the child GTA4 and 2 lock up the Firearm

Yeah thats true but surely gun laws should require weapons to be locked up. 

Hmm I would have normally called bullshit

But now that I have a nephew who is 3, he has been at my house and he has seen me play BF4 and has seen police shows etc on TV involving guns. Now he makes guns out of everything, spades, toast you name it.

Kids under a certain age ARE impressionable. And I now turn off games like that if he comes in the house. He seems to copy everything he sees on tv and games and I dont want him learning that hitting/stabbing/shooting are acceptable. When he is older, great, I will sit with him and play GTA 23, but until then He should watch kids stuff

However

Once somebody gets to a certain age They have the understanding that it is just a game/movie/tv show and realise that it is wrong and stupid to do

NOW, dont get me wrong, games do not make people violent. I have personally never carjacked anyone or shot anybody or even been in a fight. and I have watched violent films and played violent games even as a young kid. I do not believe it can "CREATE" a killer. However, somebody young and stupid enough (or anyone stupid) can easily copy what they think was "cool" off a game

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Holy necro.

Child - model of empathy + model of violence & psychopathy + access to firearms = what'd you think was gonna happen?

I started on GTA 2, i joined the Army to change myself, not kill people, though that comes with signing the line.

Video games do not in any way make people kill people, the person with the sociopathic mind does.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

@ Moderators; Didn't think this really belonged in the news section, feel free to move it though if you think it's necessary.

An 8 year old boy apparently shot his grandmother after playing GTA 4... in the article that I will link below they of course talk about this, violent games making people violent.

Do you think this statement is valid or do you, like me, think this only affects the weaker individuals out there, just like only certain people get addicted to weird stuff.

I myself believe people should stop thinking games make people violent, as that's not the case, except for those few individuals. 

Discuss.

ARTICLE: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/25/us/louisiana-boy-kills-grandmother/?hpt=hp_t2

Yes because everytime I get finished playing a FPS game I want to go out and kill someone....What a thrill let me tell you!

In all seriousness

He needs the gun to protect himself from the government and the commies, or something

I realise my dry british sarcasm is often missed so I'll just point out that that was a sarcastic statement relating to the murrican culture of fapping over guns

Please don't be absurd. How he got the gun had nothing to do with the second amendment  rights and more to do with parental idiocy

• Why do you give an 8 year old a gun
  • Why is a 8 year old playing a 18+ game
  • If an 8 year old shot a gun, his arm would break
  • why why why
  • fake.

My father made me shoot with an ak47 at 7 years old in my country.... Never broke an arm

This is terrible to hear...

I think that guns cannot be this easy to access. This needs to change, even if Mitt Romney says guns don't kill people.

I think that if a teenager plays CoD, he will not become a killer. That is stupid and not at all true in the majority of cases. But I do think that a kid who is 8 may be influenced very negatively, especially through a game like GTA.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz