Worth purchasing a gtx 970?

worton issk

I would like to purchase a gtx 970 but here's the problem. The 970 was released in September last year. If the card had just come out I would of bought it at launch date. The price of a 970 ranges from £250-£300 in the UK currently. The 970 is still at the same price point since it was launched. Why don't these cards ever come down in price. I have been monitoring the prices of graphic cards for over a year and hardly any price changes. If I buy a 970 now when will nvidia release their new cards?

Thanks

Radeon R9 390 is a better deal

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Radeon R9 390 is a better deal

yup, btw is 250GB of ssd perfect for playing games with big files??

The cost of a 290 went up when the 390 came out. Price is linked to availability.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

yup, btw is 250GB of ssd perfect for playing games with big files??

I have a 240GB, i shoved GTA V, Planetside 2, and a few others on it. 

you can put like 3-4 large games on it, i have a HDD for the less needy games. 

you need to micro manage a bit, go for 500 if you can (sales)

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

In germany the price stagnate a lot due to the weak euro/USD course. In the UK though... idk, maybe nvidia applies the prices for all of "europe". Anyways, if you overclock the GTX 970 properly, it is worth it over a R9 390, since it is stronger, uses less power and thus tends to be quieter. In general the 390 is the better card though.

who cares...

R9 390 is better value

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

that'd be too expensive -.-

wait one or two weeks more, and then get one:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-cuts-prices-900-serie/

GTX 970
Original MSRP : $329
Down To $289, $259 After Rebate

The GTX 970 is still one of Nvidia’s most popular graphics cards & by far one of Nvidia’s best selling. The GTX 970 first launched back in September of last year at $329 and iis still a good performer at that price point today. Despite the fair share of controversy which surrounded this graphics card earlier this year owing to its unconventionally segmented 3.5GB + 0.5GB graphics memory and a number of inaccurate specifications which Nvidia had published for the card which the company had to go back and correct later-on, the GTX 970 is still a decent contender.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

wait one or two weeks more, and then get one:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-cuts-prices-900-serie/

Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester_cro

Solitaire. 

that'd be too expensive -.-

250 works well then, look at Crucial

Solitaire. 

can you give me some feedback from my future rig. ignore the right hand side btw, just price tags

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If you're gonna use stuff like shadowplay go 970

Otherwise 390 is the better value

lol.

wccftech has a reputation of not-so-trustworthy articles, I was just making sure

Pcper talking about it, then it's real.

Depends on current pricing and promotions. Currently it's possible to pick up an ASUS Strix 970 for $249, which is $30 cheaper than any available R9 390 and has much lower power requirements.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I would need to buy a new power supply for an r9 390. I won't be doing that

When I talk about pricing I was talking from a UK perspective. I been monitoring the prices of gtx 970 from launch and I have seen very little difference in pricing. I find that certain retailers are claiming that the price of the card has been reduced but in reality the price has increased by £5 or £10