Graphics Card For 1440p Gaming

Eruvador

You wouldn't be able to take advantage of Freesync on an Nvidia card (but that's because of Nvidia rather than the hardware) so if you want Freesync then yeah, going with one or two 290Xs would be a better idea. Or a Fury.

a fury x would serve you better in this case

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

390x or Fury or FuryX, and if AMD doesn't do it for you then don't bother with a FreeSync monitor unless you weren't going to use it. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

390x or Fury or FuryX, and if AMD doesn't do it for you then don't bother with a FreeSync monitor unless you weren't going to use it. 

The reason i'm getting the monitor is because its the cheapest 1440p 144hz IPS monitor that you can get and it just happens to come with FreeSync and I'm just wondering if i should bother taking advantages of it

The thing that bothers me is that the Fury x is basically the same price but has less performance 

The reason i'm getting the monitor is because its the cheapest 1440p 144hz IPS monitor that you can get and it just happens to come with FreeSync and I'm just wondering if i should bother taking advantages of it

The thing that bothers me is that the Fury x is basically the same price but has less performance 

Depends on the game. The Fury X will beat a stock 980ti in several games. But yeah, if you want to overclock the 980ti is better.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

If you have a Freesync monitor my advice to you is, buy an AMD card like the R9 Fury X. You won´t be disappointed. I use a 4K G-Sync and it is soo amazing. I´d never want a monitor without it again for gaming.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

If you have a Freesync monitor my advice to you is, buy an AMD card like the R9 Fury X. You won´t be disappointed. I use a 4K G-Sync and it is soo amazing. I´d never want a monitor without it again for gaming.

What if using G-sync gives you eye cancer tho? would you still use it?

Also the adaptive refresh rate stuff is great if you're getting a panel with it then you should certainly take advantage of it. A Nano or a Fury isn't a bad buy for 1440p. If you don't want an AMD card then I would wait for Xmas because there's sure to be some killer sales on monitors.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

What if using G-sync gives you eye cancer tho? would you still use it?

Also the adaptive refresh rate stuff is great if you're getting a panel with it then you should certainly take advantage of it. A Nano or a Fury isn't a bad buy for 1440p. If you don't want an AMD card then I would wait for Xmas because there's sure to be some killer sales on monitors.

What if stupid question gave you brain cancer? Would you still ask them?

And yes if he is getting the monitor buying the matching GPU would definitely enhance his gaming experience by a lot.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

What if stupid question gave you brain cancer? Would you still ask them?

c64bab8f78.gif334c74ada8.gif4ad9e63016.gif

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

A green card with freesync makes no sence.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO