"Preload Entire YouTube Videos By Disabling Dash Playback"

TopWargamer

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! This is awesome and have been looking for something like. Stupid broken youtube, used to drive me crazy, not anymore :) (hopefully).

i installed it and restarted the browser and i cant see the gear icon he is talking about :((chrome)

edit:never mind

I use an addon called: Magic Actions for YouTube

It has many cool features as well.

There is a plugin for firefox that means you don't need greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-center/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

There is a plugin for firefox that means you don't need greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-center/

Oh yeah it doesn't work with the most recent version of FF or something; if you have the most recent version you need to download Greasemonkey, otherwise just download that add on ^.

Oh yeah it doesn't work with the most recent version of FF or something; if you have the most recent version you need to download Greasemonkey, otherwise just download that add on ^.

Works with Firefox 23.0.1, which is the current version.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I'm going to try this one once I'm back home.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

If I ever wanted to watch any youtube video at 720p or higher I had to download videos to my computer cause my internet is not fast enough with that 10sec prebuffer... And this add on seems to be working now so YaaaaY!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

You have no idea how much I hated Youtube's video buffering.

Thank you for this.

• 2 weeks later...

is it ok is if it says you didn't download from the chrome webstore?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

http://lifehacker.com/preload-entire-youtube-videos-by-disabling-dash-playbac-1186454034?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

original.png

Yay!

EDIT:

Just an FYI for people having troubles installing YouTube Center, this is what I did. On the GitHub link under the Chrome and Opera section, I downloaded the Mirror and manually added it to Chrome in settings->extensions (drag and drop). I tried some other ways before this, and this is the way that worked for me.

Just wanted to say thanks. Also YouTube Center has the old layout for My Subscriptions, that's awesome

This is the best piece of software ive found in a while! thanks for sharing it!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Is it possible to switch back to the normal subscriptions view? I really don't like this:

post-8289-0-94291500-1378618875_thumb.pn

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Is it possible to switch back to the normal subscriptions view? I really don't like this:

attachicon.gifsub.png

In settings under General, uncheck Grid Subscriptions

Be sure to save your settings under General > Import/Export > Save

GW2: Vettexl.9726

In settings under General, uncheck Grid Subscriptions

Be sure to save your settings under General > Import/Export > Save

Wow thanks!

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

COMCAST WASN'T THROTTLING, IT WAS JUST YOUTUBE BEING A BUTTMUNCH!

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Wow thanks!

Np :)

COMCAST WASN'T THROTTLING, IT WAS JUST YOUTUBE BEING A BUTTMUNCH!

Huzzah!

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Could someone help me? It won't let me add this as a browser extension in Chrome. :(

You need to go to the Chrome Store and download "Tampermonkey" and then you can install the Script from the website. From there you will need to clock on the new Extension of Tampermonkey to go to Dashboard and then you will see YouTube Center in the Dashboard. You will need to enable it by clicking on the Disabled icon before the name. When you click it it will go from Disabled to Enabled. Go to YouTube and it should come up with a popup within the YouTube website so it doesn't matter if you have popup blocker on of off.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I tried this in Firefox 23.0.1 and it worked without installing GreaseMonkey.  This may be the single greatest browser extension ever.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

this actually made yt to load faster for me. i am able to play 1080p on a 2mbit connection. with occasional buffering.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

It's preloading the whole video but I cannot skip anywhere like Slick said, it's reloading the video when I do that. I'm on Chrome.

This is awesome, finally I can customize YouTube to my needs :-D 

Thanks for this article! 

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

It's preloading the whole video but I cannot skip anywhere like Slick said, it's reloading the video when I do that. I'm on Chrome.

did that part even load yet?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

The extension is amazing! I have only had a couple of issues with it: Even when SPF is disabled (SPF is the one that reduces the stuff it has to load each time by not making it reload some stuff), it still does it, meaning that the "More from my subscriptions" feature that I use all the time is less functional. It is also slightly dodgey in that it overlays anything you want on thumbnails over the videos in that list as well, which get in the way. I have solved this by writing a really small bit of code to add into it, and if anybody would like it, just ask.

HTTP/2 203