"Preload Entire YouTube Videos By Disabling Dash Playback"

TopWargamer

:o This is amazing. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

has anyone found a setting in this app that disables the Home and End keys?

I'm used to using them for browsing up and down the page, now I keep restarting the video and it's driving me nuts

browsed through the settings menu over and over and I can't find how to disable it

did that part even load yet?

It should. Maybe the buffer is not accurate graphically because I can skip back and forth if I don't go to far of the current timer.

Anyway, I actually like the extension, it make Youtube really nice with the resize feature and the new subscription display.

Just an FYI for people having troubles installing YouTube Center, this is what I did.

On the GitHub link under the Chrome and Opera section, I downloaded the Mirror and manually added it to Chrome in settings->extensions (drag and drop). I tried some other ways before this, and this is the way that worked for me. 

Installed this way, but I can't find the extension's options menu. Where is it?

Thanks for the tip appears to be working almost perfectly in chrome (i used the mega download link and just did the drag and drop into extensions) my only issue being now the videos in my subs don't show the "watched" banner not a big issue just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

hour long videos buffer in mere seconds now!

Hail YePpHa!

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Thanks for the tip appears to be working almost perfectly in chrome (i used the mega download link and just did the drag and drop into extensions) my only issue being now the videos in my subs don't show the "watched" banner not a big issue just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

for me it was the other way around, i had watch history turned off, and suddenly youtube center turned it on, so i got the 'watched' marker.

There should be a fuction on the general tab called 'watched videos'

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

It won't let me access it in firefox, I can't see a gear icon :(

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

It won't let me access it in firefox, I can't see a gear icon :(

You need the grease monkey extension then go to the script and click install script when prompted. If that doesn't work, try restarting firefox and then Ctrl+F5 on youtube to force it to refresh completely.

HTTP/2 203

Wow this extension is just sooo awesome thanks!! 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

didnt work :S

• FX 6300 Hexacore 3.5 GHZ

HD7770 Vapor X OC

Gskill RipjawsX 2x4 GB 1600mhz

Installed this way, but I can't find the extension's options menu. Where is it?

It should be right next to where your YouTube name is in the top right hand corner.

T6KwzJC.png

COMIC SANS

Works like a charm. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

This is actually one of the most helpful things I have found on the internet. THANKS!  :D

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

It looked promissing when I saw it on the wan show but am I doing something wrong or it this just the way it is? There is now 20-30 settings set differently than on 'stock' youtube. It would be really nice that when you install the extension leaves everything as it is and than you tune it the way you like. Now i dont know where to set dozen of settings back to the way it was before.

I had to enable Developer mode. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

There was some security update for firefox this morning and I installed it. After that youtube videos didn't work at all (black boxes). Only disabling youtube center makes videos work again, but now I can't pre-buffer videos again........

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

There was some security update for firefox this morning and I installed it. After that youtube videos didn't work at all (black boxes). Only disabling youtube center makes videos work again, but now I can't pre-buffer videos again........

It is now broken for me as well, running firefox 24.0, shame.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

It is now broken for me as well, running firefox 24.0, shame.

I'm also running ff 24.0. I guess we have to wait for youtube center update  :(

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

There was an update for the Chrome version as well. I installed it yesterday and I'm not having any problems. Kinda strange that you have to disable YouTube Center in order to watch YouTube videos.

COMIC SANS

I'm also running ff 24.0. I guess we have to wait for youtube center update  :(

It's because ff24 is a beta release unfortunately. I'm on the release update channel (mainly because the only way to change now is to reinstall and I CBA) and 22 is the latest version. Is it an issue with grease monkey or youtube center. Also, yt center recently updated to V2.0 so check it's up to date.

HTTP/2 203

Mkay so I went to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114002

Then I downloaded "Firefox Beta"

Ma youtube center is naow 1.34.0 and videos are working nicely.

Firefox Firefox currently have two addons. The official one which only works on Firefox version 23 or lower. Then there's the beta addon, which has been designed in another way to make it possible to use it on Firefox v24+.
Mirrors:
Firefox AMO
Firefox
Firefox Beta

• 1 month later...

I hope I'm not necroing this thread but I've somehow finally managed to install Youtube Center for IE 11. ;) It was quite an achievement for me..but after going through all that trouble, I just found out about this in the Youtube Center wiki page; "Please note that by disabling Dash Playback will result in 480p and 1080p not being available. This is because of a recent Youtube change."

I'm feeling a bit down right now.That 1080p is the reason I'm doing all this because of my slow Internet.. :(