Confused with that software do I use for stress testing?

nivra552

974 is

I re run the test and got 981 so is it the norm for this oc?

Yeah thats good scores. Save what you have to a profile and then put it back stock and run it again and see how much performance gain your overclock got you in multithreaded applications. Youll probably see the overclock got you from scores in the 600s or 700s to the 900s. Push the overclock some more and I am sure you can break 1000.

I re run the test and got 981 so is it the norm for this oc?

It's within the norm, some people get slightly higher but I thinks thats due to ram and such and other slight variations, 1000 + or - 50 is normal for your clock speed

(highest I've seen was 1035)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yeah thats good scores. Save what you have to a profile and then put it back stock and run it again and see how much performance gain your overclock got you in multithreaded applications. Youll probably see the overclock got you from scores in the 600s or 700s to the 900s. Push the overclock some more and I am sure you can break 1000.

I run it again and got 991..is it normal to not have stable score?

It's within the norm, some people get slightly higher but I thinks thats due to ram and such and other slight variations, 1000 + or - 50 is normal for your clock speed

(highest I've seen was 1035)

So my OC is good and stable??can I run it 24/7 without any worries in degrading my chip?

It flucuates... between my various overclocks I probably have 100 different scores. More stuff open in the background or less, tighter ram timings, higher clocks, etc... all have an effect.

Whatever Intel says max voltage is for those chips (1.3? I dunno) you won't really have to worry about any degredation. Even pushing higher than recommended it usually is months before one becomes unstable and you have to add voltage to it to get it stable again.

I run it again and got 991..is it normal to not have stable score?

Here is an example, you can see how much I test with Cinebench. Make sure you close out of programs you don't need when you run it and you'll score higher. Having 20 tabs of Chrome open while benchmarking isn't the best for accurate scores.

42f1acf5_tightenedramtimings.jpeg

So my OC is good and stable??can I run it 24/7 without any worries in degrading my chip?

Temps are what matters for degradation and anything below 75 is great, 75-80 is still good, 80-85 is meh, 85-90 is bad and 90+ is horrible, as for your stability I'd say your ok but if your worried just let it run for a full day, I honestly think your good though.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Cinebench is a pretty good test in addition to AIDA or IBT or something since it puts a workload on all your cores in a real world application. Its basically Firestrike for your CPU rather than GPU.

Temps are what matters for degradation and anything below 75 is great, 75-80 is still good, 80-85 is meh, 85-90 is bad and 90+ is horrible, as for your stability I'd say your ok but if your worried just let it run for a full day, I honestly think your good though.

He is dead on for the most part with the above. You can still get degredation with higher than recommended voltage even if the temps are good (watercooled) but it could take months and months to actually notice and isn't a big deal. After a a year having to go into BIOS and bump up your once stable OC by .0255v isn't really a big deal. If you are worried about killing your chip before you've gotten your use out of it (plan on keeping the computer for 5+ years) then stay within Intels voltage limits.