Whats wrong with my pc?

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

yeah im just trying to test some stuff. but the led fans wont work nor the graphics card fan. is that normal. thats literally my question. people took this way out of context.

You will need the CPU and RAM in order to properly test your PC hardware.

Some of My parts came in the mail this morning

These are the following that came

The case

the motherboard

the graphics card

the power supply

the keyboard

the mouse

the 1TB storage

what has not come

12G of Ram

AMD Cpu 

now i put mostly everything together and i plug in the power supply to the wall and turn the computer on and the fans dont turn on and the power supply is dead silent. is this normal???

It's not going to turn on without a cpu in it...

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

well ur missing ur ram so... and cpu

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

This. PC building 101.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Wrong. It will turn on without a CPU. It just won't POST. This myth needs to stop.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wrong. It will turn on without a CPU. It just won't POST. This myth needs to stop.

When I forget to plug in CPU power my computer flashes on, then off. Nothing happens unless the CPU is in and working. BIOS doesn't show up, nothing responds, USB doesn't get power, ect. I'd say it doesn't turn on.

I used to be quite active here.

i'll go ahead and test that tomorrow actually, i guess booting without a cpu gives the same result as booting without a cpu power connector.

right?

When I start a computer without a CPU, it either outright refuses to turn on, or it turns on for a couple of seconds...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I mean I guess. Thats like saying well " I dont have an engine for the car, but the radio is on so now I got a working car :D" 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

When I forget to plug in CPU power my computer flashes on, then off. Nothing happens unless the CPU is in and working. BIOS doesn't show up, nothing responds, USB doesn't get power, ect. I'd say it doesn't turn on.

But the user is suggesting the system doesn't power on at all, when it will.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Depends on motherboard, some power up with no POST, some just turn on for a quick second then turn off.

I mean I guess. Thats like saying well " I dont have an engine for the car, but the radio is on so now I got a working car :D" 

Well, no. I didn't say the PC would be functional. I just said it would turn on. Your analogy doesn't quite work.

i'll go ahead and test that tomorrow actually, i guess booting without a cpu gives the same result as booting without a cpu power connector.

right?

I did not say it would boot.

Well, no. I didn't say the PC would be functional. I just said it would turn on. Your analogy doesn't quite work.

I'd say wait for CPU and RAM before making any assertions.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

when the arguments are pointless and everyone is trying to win :/ lol

With me eventually losing since people are more likely to test these things than me as I don't have time.

I did not say it would boot.

so will the fans turn ON without a cpu . 

With me eventually losing since people are more likely to test these things than me as I don't have time.

then don't reply m8 ignore the haters

or just say one thing to justify the false information 

so will the fans turn ON without a cpu . 

What are you trying to do? Just test everything?

This is the next level of impatient. Just WAIT for your parts to finish arriving... Why would you put it together partially and then hope it works?

What are you trying to do? Just test everything?

yeah im just trying to test some stuff. but the led fans wont work nor the graphics card fan. is that normal. thats literally my question. people took this way out of context.

You will need the CPU and RAM in order to properly test your PC hardware.