Read this before you install amd crimson!

Sauron

This is a warning for all amd gpu owners who are about to upgrade to crimson.

There are a few reasons for which you may NOT want to proceed just yet:

1) the nice looking UI is only good for the most basic tasks, for everything else it will redirect you to the good old catalyst panel.

2) EXCEPT ccc now has about half as many features as the old one did. I could be wrong because I didn't look for long, but I'm fairly sure some functionality just plain isn't there anymore for some reason.

3) it can and probably will break your eyefinity group if you have mixed resolution displays, to the point where you can't login anymore in some cases (including mine).

-edit: more issues other people had:-

4) Crossfire setups might prevent your computer from turning off or power cycling.

What you can do if you already installed it and it broke your video output (for windows 10):

Use your installation disc (make one if you don't have it, it's free of charge) to enter recovery. Select "command prompt". Enter the commands "c:", then "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy", then "exit" and reboot. Remove your installation disc and mash f8 until you get the legacy boot options screen. Enter safe mode. Use another device (you can't connect to the internet in safe mode) to download "driver fusion" (or any equivalent driver removal tool) and use it to remove crimson. Grab 15.7 from amd's legacy gpu page and install that. Reboot. You are now back to before installing crimson.

My advice is to wait a week or two to see what others have to say before you upgrade if you think it may give you problems.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

at least you can use different resolutions displays with AMD drivers more easily lol 

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Wait..What's AMD Crimson?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Basically catalyst 15.11, they renamed and reskinned parts of it

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They gave Catalyst Control a facelift, pretty much. Gave it a new "modern" look and whatnot.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

it has some minor performance improvements, mainly due to pre-compiled shaders.

Might add another "issue":

I'm using R9 Fury crossfire setup and my system fails to power off after shutdown or power-cycle after restart: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/493616-pc-doesnt-power-off-after-shutdown-crimson-driver/

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

it has some minor performance improvements, mainly due to pre-compiled shaders.

Might add another "issue":

I'm using R9 Fury crossfire setup and my system fails to power off after shutdown or power-cycle after restart: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/493616-pc-doesnt-power-off-after-shutdown-crimson-driver/

added

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

added

ummm... it seems that the problem just went away... didn't really do anything to it...

might be that it's only on first powercycle

but now it powers off cleanly, so I'm  happy and now have no problems at all.

what I noticed that now when I command to Shut Down bottom card awakens (power indicator goes single blue LED) and right before powering off the bottom card enters Zero Core state (power indicator goes Green on Fury) and right after that it powers off cleanly

Before that - when I had the issue both cards stayed awoke.

Love the new overclocking interface with per application profiles and per card settings ))))

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K