Xbox One has implementation of hUMA memory system, just like PS4, say dev

snowComet

Earlier this week, Marc Diana, Senior Product Marketing Manager at AMD, said PS4 has a performance advantage over Xbox One ‘greater than many expect’ due to hUMA. Then AMD issue a statement, said Marc made some inaccurate statement on this issue. And now a Xbox One developer said Xbox One has a memory implementation similar to hUMA.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_has_implementation_of_huma_memory_system_just_like_ps4_say_dev.html

'comparable' doesn't mean 'as good as'.

And with like few times slower memory on Xbox 1, that is not even close to 'as good as' ps4's hUMA.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

It has also been confirmed that BF4 will run in 720p upscaled to 1080p and will run at 60FPS (with drops probably). It has only been confirmed for this game but I think that most of the games will be 720p.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

'comparable' doesn't mean 'as good as'.

And with like few times slower memory on Xbox 1, that is not even close to 'as good as' ps4's hUMA.

Slower memory is irrelevant, what you should ask is this: "Do both consoles have ENOUGH bandwidth to feed the GPUs?" Considering the difference in GPU between consoles the memory speed difference becomes insignificant. The GPU difference is the one that will hit the performance.

Slower memory is irrelevant, what you should ask is this: "Do both consoles have ENOUGH bandwidth to feed the GPUs?" Considering the difference in GPU between consoles the memory speed difference becomes insignificant. The GPU difference is the one that will hit the performance.

No you are wrong.

Everything will affect performance including super-slow jaguar cores. i can see an intel i3 catching up to jaguar 8 core 1,6GHz.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

It has also been confirmed that BF4 will run in 720p upscaled to 1080p and will run at 60FPS (with drops probably). It has only been confirmed for this game but I think that most of the games will be 720p.

Apparently it's not the final resolution, just need more optimization.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

No you are wrong.

Everything will affect performance including super-slow jaguar cores. i can see an intel i3 catching up to jaguar 8 core 1,6GHz.

The XBox One has more memory bandwidth to the GPU than the 7790 but it has a weaker GPU. That means that it has enough bandwidth to feed the GPU for optimal performance. This means even if they increase the bandwidth they won't get any more performance. To get any more performance they need to improve the GPU itself. The memory bandwidth does not improve performance, it can only bottleneck it if you don't have enough.

Yes, everything affects performance BUT they will affect it in different ways. The role of the memory interconnect and the GPU are fundamentally different so you can't just presume they work in the same way.

No you are wrong.

By nature of parralelism unless the cores were running at 750mhz each no.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

By nature of parralelism unless the cores were running at 750mhz each no.

I said 'catching up' because it is 3GHZ x4 vs 1,6Ghz x8.

Of course it wouldn't be as fast due to parallelism nature like you call it. You'd need an i5 for that.

Of course it wouldn't be as fast due to parallelism nature like you call it. You'd need an i5 for that.

For an i3 its 3GHz x4? Its more like 2x +4 because its 2 cores and 4 threads. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Also the jaguar cores boost to 1.8ghz so that causes them to pull even further ahead ^_^ , Parralellism is a great concept and Intel recognise it's importance (hyper-threading) but don't actually have anything besides 2011 (and even that is quite limited :/ ) to address moar cores = moar better :/ because in games hyper-threading is useless they need more cores not more threads ^_^ so I'm expecting once the console optimisations hit 6 core mainstream and 8 core extreme

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

For an i3 its 3GHz x4? Its more like 2x +4 because its 2 cores and 4 threads. 

^+1 threads are not the same as cores :/

^+1 threads are not the same as cores :/

Sorry i was thinking i5 4x 3GHz not i3 xD

Sorry i was thinking i5 4x 3GHz not i3 xD

Fair enough ^_^

These consoles are both terribly under powered so I find it hilarious when they ague about which one has the most power. Xbox one is to PC as Linus is to 3 of Slick.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

These consoles are both terribly under powered so I find it hilarious when they ague about which one has the most power. Xbox one is to PC as Linus is to 3 of Slick.

Yes and this will snowball because consoles cant advance over time (no upgrading).

Look, back when Xbox and PS4 were released, they were a bit more powerful than PC (for few months until PC managed to catch up). Now, the consoles haven't even appeared on the market yet and they already are very slow compared to PCs. But wait, there's more!

Over time this will snowball! I expect 2014 to be the year of multimonitor/4k gaming (i mean the high-end GPUs). Maxwell will probably be suited towards this with lots of vram etc.

Back in old consoles a monitor was a monitor and it was you know sub-HD. nowadays... oh God not only will the consoles be outdated when they come out but in 1 year they will be rendered totally useless for hardcore gamers.

"Oh i know i will buy a 4k (4x1080p) monitor and then power it with a console" - nope. "Multi monitor?" - nope. No new tech will be able to work with such low-end stuff like consoles.

Again guys don't be so sure. The Xbox 360 and PS3 with less than a gig of RAM survived for years and are still going with the likes of Batman Arkham Origins coming out for it.

System Specs:

Again guys don't be so sure. The Xbox 360 and PS3 with less than a gig of RAM survived for years and are still going with the likes of Batman Arkham Origins coming out for it.

Just because it works it doesn't mean it even comes close. Look at what resolution and settings games have on consoles and then look at the PC, the difference is either HUGE (as long as we are talking about the hardcore crowd) or very big (mainstream crowd).

Just because it works it doesn't mean it even comes close. Look at what resolution and settings games have on consoles and then look at the PC, the difference is either HUGE (as long as we are talking about the hardcore crowd) or very big (mainstream crowd).

Wasn't talking about how it will or will not come close to PC at all. I was talking about the life span of a console. Games are still being developed for the 360 and PS3. Just because the console is using a low power 8 core and a "not so powerful" graphics card does not mean developers won't squeeze ever ounce of power out of these consoles. They are consoles, it doesn't matter HOW much power they have as they are designed to play games at the end of the day. PC's are designed for a lot more than that.

System Specs:

one word (well 2)

CLOUD.... SERVICES.

tadda

Yep cloud gaming is probably what will be their performance upgrades. So, these mid-range PCs will still have after launch performance grow as AMD Sky launches and is emplimented into Xbox Live and PSN. So, they can probably do 4k cloud gaming at 30 fps or so depending on the server and what GPU is in the rack.

Back from the dead....

Yep cloud gaming is probably what will be their performance upgrades. So, these mid-range PCs will still have after launch performance grow as AMD Sky launches and is emplimented into Xbox Live and PSN. So, they can probably do 4k cloud gaming at 30 fps or so depending on the server and what GPU is in the rack.

i personally know of one small studio that will be hosting their own servers from now on and they are seriously looking into amd sky products.

i'm told (but can't confirm) that it reduces the load on their test computer by like 45%.

i personally know of one small studio that will be hosting their own servers from now on and they are seriously looking into amd sky products.

i'm told (but can't confirm) that it reduces the load on their test computer by like 45%.

That sounds pretty fly, I really hope that cloud gaming happens soon.

Back from the dead....

That sounds pretty fly, I really hope that cloud gaming happens soon.

definitely. the coolest thing is when they made a win 8 tablet able to run bf3 at like 60fps on high.

definitely. the coolest thing is when they made a win 8 tablet able to run bf3 at like 60fps on high.

So your telling me I can have a thin and long battery life razer blade

Back from the dead....