No video input on monitor!

Go to solution Solved by spaiduhz,

But I have to buy a new monitor anyway, because when I fix the PC I will want it! If the pc was working i would still buy it! Get me? The strange thing is, yesterday I installed windows and it was working fine, this time NO INPUT! IDK Also, I dont feel confortable removing the batery! But I can remove the GPU, can i just remove it from the PCI slot? And not remove the cables? Cuz i dont know how to put the cables back? 

dont do something you are not comfortable doing. have a professional have a look at your pc. if you have other reasons to get the monitor other than troubleshooting, go ahead.

peace.

I just built my pc and installed Windows .. but my monitor flashes from black screen to normal every1 second .. And the only way to stop it is to increase the refresh rate of the monitor .. that is how I fixed on my old pc where I was using this monitor ... When I plugged the pc with this monitor and I boot it flashes and won't stop ...every second .. I went to change refresh rate but it's set to 64 Hz and no other option... Also the res is set to really low one .. And I don't have the option to click and change the resolution. Pls help

make sure you have the proper drivers installed

windows takes a while and sometimes has trouble finding the correct ones.

just look on your gpu's manufacturer website to find the correct drivers.... select the proper OS and bit version that goes with your computer

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

I think your monitor is fine sounds like a driver issue with your gpu. When you update the driver the resolution of the picture will also fix.

You also can type device manager into windows search bar and go to display adapters and right click on your gpu and hit update driver

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

Moved to Troubleshooting

I think your monitor is fine sounds like a driver issue with your gpu. When you update the driver the resolution of the picture will also fix.

You also can type device manager into windows search bar and go to display adapters and right click on your gpu and hit update driver

make sure you have the proper drivers installed

windows takes a while and sometimes has trouble finding the correct ones.

just look on your gpu's manufacturer website to find the correct drivers.... select the proper OS and bit version that goes with your computer

Actually when I go to the device manager and even in the dxdiag .. it says under display: Microsoft basic display adapter... it doesnt recongnise my gtx 970 or something? What do I do?

I build my new gaming pc today...and I used my old monitor ..disconnected it from my old pc and plugged in the cable into the new one..i used an adapter tho, because my monitor is vga and the card is gtx 970 and i think only has DVI! All was working ..I installed my windows, messed around for 30 minutes! Then I turned it off and I plugged my monitor back to my old pc! And Then after a while i decided i wanted to do something on my new one again and I plugged the monitor to the new pc, press the start button, the pc starts with all fans and lights, but the i get no video input on my monitor! It was working 2 hours ago when I used it, so pls help me?

Thank you!

I build my new gaming pc today...and I used my old monitor ..disconnected it from my old pc and plugged in the cable into the new one..i used an adapter tho, because my monitor is vga and the card is gtx 970 and i think only has DVI! All was working ..I installed my windows, messed around for 30 minutes! Then I turned it off and I plugged my monitor back to my old pc! And Then after a while i decided i wanted to do something on my new one again and I plugged the monitor to the new pc, press the start button, the pc starts with all fans and lights, but the i get no video input on my monitor! It was working 2 hours ago when I used it, so pls help me?

Thank you!

Are the fans on your GPU spinning?

check to see that you didn't plug in your CPU 8 pin into your 970. Should have a little label on the side that says what it is if you have a modern/decent power supply :)

Professional Girl

Don't worry I didn't .. as I said it was all working an hour before ... Haven't touched anything after except disconnecting the monitor cable between the 2 pcs

Did you conne

Actually when I go to the device manager and even in the dxdiag .. it says under display: Microsoft basic display adapter... it doesnt recongnise my gtx 970 or something? What do I do?

Did you connect the monitor to the motherboard I/O port or the gpu?

Did you conne

Did you connect the monitor to the motherboard I/O port or the gpu?

I connected it to the gpu... but now i have another problem... i plugged the monitor out of the adapter for the gpu...and plugged it in my old pc to use it..and when i tryed to plug it back in the new one.. it says no video input on the monitor? But the fans of the gpu and cpu are spinning!

I connected it to the gpu... but now i have another problem... i plugged the monitor out of the adapter for the gpu...and plugged it in my old pc to use it..and when i tryed to plug it back in the new one.. it says no video input on the monitor? But the fans of the gpu and cpu are spinning!

So did it work in your old monitor?

The fans of the gpu and the cpu are spinning, but I get no video input on my monitor! I am using an adapter that came with the gpu, because my monitor is VGA and the card doesn't support that! The monitor works with my other pc! I did install the Windows with that monitor yesterday and it was working , I didn't install any drivers because I didn't have time so I only installed Windows and shut down the pc! And today no video input.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

What connection are you adapting from? 

(post a picture if you can, both of the adapter and connection on the card you're using)

can you show us a picture?

What connection are you adapting from? 

(post a picture if you can, both of the adapter and connection on the card you're using)

Yes, here you go! Also I can try using the adapter from my old pc instead of the one that came with my new gtx 970!? Will that mess something up? IS it safe to do it?

Pictures: 

http://i68.tinypic.com/4tr70z.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/23k934g.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lxuvxs.jpg

Thank you

So did it work in your old monitor?

I have  1 monitor! I have an old pc and new one! On the old one, the monitor works! On the new one it worked yesterday, when i installed windows with no drivers! And today its giving NO video input on the new pc!

Yes, here you go! Also I can try using the adapter from my old pc instead of the one that came with my new gtx 970!? Will that mess something up? IS it safe to do it?

Pictures: 

Thank you

can you use the image button in your editor next time?

i've done it for you now :)

4tr70z.jpg

23k934g.jpg

2lxuvxs.jpg

i use the same setup, i use the adapter that came with my msi 960 (dvi to vga) to my vga monitor, and it works fine, you should try your other adapter :D

can you use the image button in your editor next time?

i've done it for you now :)

4tr70z.jpg

23k934g.jpg

2lxuvxs.jpg

Sorry, didnt know that! Thank you, but can you help me in terms of solution to the problem? Pls

Pictures: 

Thank you

I can't see too clearly from the photo, but is there 2 pins on either side of the flat pin on the adapter? Like this:

dvi-i_cable.jpg

I can't see too clearly from the photo, but is there 2 pins on either side of the flat pin on the adapter? Like this:

dvi-i_cable.jpg

Yes there is, its just like this one on ur pic! :)

Yes there is, its just like this one on ur pic! :)

Hmm, the adapter should be fine then, unless it's broken. They tend to be pretty bad quality when they're included. 

Do you have a VGA connection on your motherboard? Or any other monitors to test the card with?

Hmm, the adapter should be fine then, unless it's broken. They tend to be pretty bad quality when they're included. 

Do you have a VGA connection on your motherboard? Or any other monitors to test the card with?

Im buying a new monitor for my new pc today, but idk if the pc is not okey, if i should get a new monitor! Is it safe to use my other adapter from my other pc to test it? Its an old adapter, but its working atm!