No video input on monitor!

Go to solution Solved by spaiduhz,

But I have to buy a new monitor anyway, because when I fix the PC I will want it! If the pc was working i would still buy it! Get me? The strange thing is, yesterday I installed windows and it was working fine, this time NO INPUT! IDK Also, I dont feel confortable removing the batery! But I can remove the GPU, can i just remove it from the PCI slot? And not remove the cables? Cuz i dont know how to put the cables back? 

dont do something you are not comfortable doing. have a professional have a look at your pc. if you have other reasons to get the monitor other than troubleshooting, go ahead.

peace.

Im buying a new monitor for my new pc today, but idk if the pc is not okey, if i should get a new monitor! Is it safe to use my other adapter from my other pc to test it? Its an old adapter, but its working atm!

Yep, worth giving it a try. 

Hmm, the adapter should be fine then, unless it's broken. They tend to be pretty bad quality when they're included. 

Do you have a VGA connection on your motherboard? Or any other monitors to test the card with?

Also, yes I do have a VGA on my new pc motherboard, but if i start the pc with the mobo, not the gpu, isnt that gonna mess something up>? I already installed windows last night using that new adapter with the monitor plugged in the gpu and it was working, i just didnt install drivers! Isnt the windows gonna mess up if i boot the pc now from the mobo? 

Also, yes I do have a VGA on my new pc motherboard, but if i start the pc with the mobo, not the gpu, isnt that gonna mess something up>? I already installed windows last night using that new adapter with the monitor plugged in the gpu and it was working, i just didnt install drivers! Isnt the windows gonna mess up if i boot the pc now from the mobo? 

No, you can just boot into Windows, install the drivers for the GPU then try booting using the card again. 

No, you can just boot into Windows, install the drivers for the GPU then try booting using the card again. 

i edited my post :)

Guys, something really strange, I inserted the monitor VGA into the Motherboard like you told me and booted, again gpu and cpu fans spinning, but NO VIDEO INPUT on the monitor AGAIN!?? Help :D

i suggest the following:

1. remove your gpu, connect the monitor to your mobo.

2. you may need to reset bios. removing your mobo cmos battery for a minute can help if you dont have the function available. this is to ensure that the integrated gpu on the mobo is enabled, as it should on default.

3. you may need to restart your pc twice to be POST visible. Usually once is enough, but there isnt really any reason why it should take more than two to view post, and get into windows.

4. if you can see POST, but just wont go into windows by the second reboot, you will want to enter windows safe mode by hitting f8 before windows loads. from here, you should be able to load windows. Uninstall either ATI Catalyst or Nvidia Experience, whatever related you can find. Restart as needed.

5. once you can boot to windows normally, go ahead and install your GPU. you might want to preemptively download the relevant drivers, but dont install them until your have the hardware set.

6. after inserting your GPU, relocate your monitor connection to said GPU. again, you should at least see POST if the only monitor your PC has is connected to your GPU.

7. install GPU drivers as necessary. You might need to restart twice.

If you have issues on step 5 onwards, you may have a faulty GPU.

i suggest the following:

1. remove your gpu, connect the monitor to your mobo.

2. you may need to reset bios. removing your mobo cmos battery for a minute can help if you dont have the function available. this is to ensure that the integrated gpu on the mobo is enabled, as it should on default.

3. you may need to restart your pc twice to be POST visible. Usually once is enough, but there isnt really any reason why it should take more than two to view post, and get into windows.

4. if you can see POST, but just wont go into windows by the second reboot, you will want to enter windows safe mode by hitting f8 before windows loads. from here, you should be able to load windows. Uninstall either ATI Catalyst or Nvidia Experience, whatever related you can find. Restart as needed.

5. once you can boot to windows normally, go ahead and install your GPU. you might want to preemptively download the relevant drivers, but dont install them until your have the hardware set.

6. after inserting your GPU, relocate your monitor connection to said GPU. again, you should at least see POST if the only monitor your PC has is connected to your GPU.

7. install GPU drivers as necessary. You might need to restart twice.

If you have issues on step 5 onwards, you may have a faulty GPU.

I tryed booting the pc from the motherboard VGA slot, and it still gave NO VIDEO INPUT, while the gpu and cpu fans were spinning! Help :(

I tryed booting the pc from the motherboard VGA slot, and it still gave NO VIDEO INPUT, while the gpu and cpu fans were spinning! Help :(

try following the suggestions i gave, in order. you obviously didn't remove your existing GPU, didnt you? It might seem redundant, but removing your GPU from your system is the first step in isolating what the fault might be. Removing the CMOS also might seem silly and scary, but do understand that some motherboards has the option for your to disable IGPU entirely, and removing the CMOS battery should reset the BIOS config to ensure that IGPU is enabled as it should, by default.

Now if doing steps 1-3, in the order provided, if there is no display on that confirmed working PC, then you have to troubleshoot something else, since it will classify as a failure to POST problem, instead of a failure to display. Dont panic, dont rush, and for goodness sakes, dont be sloppy.

in any part of the way, if you are not comfortable doing any of the suggestion provided, i would recommend that you have your computer looked at by a professional. It all boils down to comfort level, friend.

try following the suggestions i gave, in order. you obviously didn't remove your existing GPU, didnt you? It might seem redundant, but removing your GPU from your system is the first step in isolating what the fault might be. Removing the CMOS also might seem silly and scary, but do understand that some motherboards has the option for your to disable IGPU entirely, and removing the CMOS battery should reset the BIOS config to ensure that IGPU is enabled as it should, by default.

Now if doing steps 1-3, in the order provided, if there is no display on that confirmed working PC, then you have to troubleshoot something else, since it will classify as a failure to POST problem, instead of a failure to display. Dont panic, dont rush, and for goodness sakes, dont be sloppy.

in any part of the way, if you are not comfortable doing any of the suggestion provided, i would recommend that you have your computer looked at by a professional. It all boils down to comfort level, friend.

Is there any chance if a new monitor that is DVI will work? Cuz Im going to buy a new monitor today, and I dont want to waste the money on it if there is no chance that it will work?

Is there any chance if a new monitor that is DVI will work? Cuz Im going to buy a new monitor today, and I dont want to waste the money on it if there is no chance that it will work?

i think you are jumping the gun. You already tried another device with the monitor, and it does display, does it not? The suggestions that i have made does not invoke cost. Purchasing of another monitor does, and it has no assurance that it will resolve the issue in the first place.

i think you are jumping the gun. You already tried another device with the monitor, and it does display, does it not? The suggestions that i have made does not invoke cost. Purchasing of another monitor does, and it has no assurance that it will resolve the issue in the first place.

But I have to buy a new monitor anyway, because when I fix the PC I will want it! If the pc was working i would still buy it! Get me? The strange thing is, yesterday I installed windows and it was working fine, this time NO INPUT! IDK Also, I dont feel confortable removing the batery! But I can remove the GPU, can i just remove it from the PCI slot? And not remove the cables? Cuz i dont know how to put the cables back? 

dont do something you are not comfortable doing. have a professional have a look at your pc. if you have other reasons to get the monitor other than troubleshooting, go ahead.

peace.

peace.

Actually it worked man, with the new monitor its all fine :D haha IDK why :) But thanks for the help! :)