Tesla recalls 90,000 Model S sedans to check possible seatbelt defect

Jambowski

Due to a possible defect in the front seatbelts, Tesla is recalling 90,000 of its Model Selectric sedans. The company announced the move today, adding that the cost of recalling so many vehicles is "immaterial" as it checks to ensure the restraints are safe. First revealed back in 2012, the Model S is no stranger to safety issues, including a number of fires, all of which Tesla has been quick to respond to. The potential problem with the seatbelts was first reported to the company earlier this month when a customer in Europe turned to speak with back-seat passengers and the assembly broke.

"This vehicle was not involved in a crash and there were no injuries," the company explained in an email to owners. "However, in the event of a crash, a seat belt in this condition would not provide full protection. First and foremost, we care about your safety."

Today's announcement comes on the heels of the company ramping up its engineering efforts with a call for software developers to work on its Autopilot system. We've reached out to Tesla for more information on the recall, and we'll update this post when we hear back.

Source - http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/20/tesla-model-s-recall/

yeah no big deal, theyre just making sure that it doesnt happen to more cars

its pretty amazing that they are doing this just because of one case

usually car manufacturers only do recalls when many people complain about a problem

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Electric cars are still not worth it imo, but we'll see how they evolve, also tesla is quick to respond to issues as usual, Elon Musk likes to keep his companies good customer service image

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

yeah no big deal, theyre just making sure that it doesnt happen to more cars

its pretty amazing that they are doing this just because of one case

usually car manufacturers only do recalls when many people complain about a problem

Remember the scene in Fight Club where "Tyler" said that a recall is issued if:

cost of lawsuits > cost of replacing bad part

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Is 90,000 the total number of cars they've produced?  The article is kinda making it sound like they're not recalling 99% of their vehicles...

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)