Is there any good $50 600 watt PSU?

Tmt97

So after someone on this forum painted a picture that I could only describe as a war zone, detailing what would happen if I used a second PSU to power my GPU, I'm starting to consider the possibility that it might really be in my best interest to spend a little bit and upgrade. I really don't have much money to spend on a PSU, so I decided to forgo some other upgrades I was planning and I think I can afford one in the 50-ish dollar range depending on how much money I earn this weekend. Anyway, does what I'm looking for exist in this price range? Or for that price would I be having to fallback on trusted, reliable brands such as diablotech and athena power?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

about the cheapest one for 600w i would go for would be this one, comes in at 62 bucks

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii620bronze

but what are you trying to power, you may be able to get a lower wattage unit at better quality

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

So after someone on this forum painted a picture that I could only describe as a war zone, detailing what would happen if I used a second PSU to power my GPU, I'm starting to consider the possibility that it might really be in my best interest to spend a little bit and upgrade. I really don't have much money to spend on a PSU, so I decided to forgo some other upgrades I was planning and I think I can afford one in the 50-ish dollar range depending on how much money I earn this weekend. Anyway, does what I'm looking for exist in this price range? Or for that price would I be having to fallback on trusted, reliable brands such as diablotech and athena power?

What are you powering?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

about the cheapest one for 600w i would go for would be this one, comes in at 62 bucks

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii620bronze

but what are you trying to power, you may be able to get a lower wattage unit at better quality

Well currently I have a 400watt power supply, which has been more than enough for the components in my rig so far which have been scavenged out of scrapped stock PC's, but now I am getting a Radeon 7950, and I think it needs a bit more juice considering I don't even have the right cables on my PSU to plug into it.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Well currently I have a 400watt power supply, which has been more than enough for the components in my rig so far which have been scavenged out of scrapped stock PC's, but now I am getting a Radeon 7950, and I think it needs a bit more juice considering I don't even have the right cables on my PSU to plug into it.

You should be fine with 500w. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii520bronze

5-550 will be plenty and i was looking around and the best unit i found in your price range is this one but it includes a $20 mir, if you cant do the mir then i would stick with the seasonic one but its only bronze and isnt modular, this one is gold and full modular plus all black cables

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438049&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Thanks guys, also this may be kind of a dumb noobish question, but as someone who has never dealt with a modular power supply before, I have to wonder, does it come with cables? In the pictures I just see sockets to plug the cables in to. If I have to buy some pack of cables to go with it, I gotta factor that into the cost.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You can occasionally find some good 80+ gold 600W PSUs for around $50 after rebate on newegg, but you have to follow them daily until a good deal comes along.  They will probably have something during the black friday/cyber monday sales...

Yes, modular supplies come with cables.

But realize modularity increases the price of the PSU, so the cheaper (good) ones will not be modular.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Thanks guys, also this may be kind of a dumb noobish question, but as someone who has never dealt with a modular power supply before, I have to wonder, does it come with cables? In the pictures I just see sockets to plug the cables in to. If I have to buy some pack of cables to go with it, I gotta factor that into the cost.

Yup, the come with all the cables. You can buy custom cables if you want though, they are generally only for looks though.

It comes with cables.

Thaks for all the options guys, I think I'm gonna wait for cyber Monday and try to snatch one of these up for cheap. My dream is finally coming true. :D I think I'm finally gonna have one nice thing in my rig!

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!