Hey ISIS! Check out how "idiot" Anonymous hackers can disrupt your online propaganda

Source:http://thehackernews.com/2015/11/anonymous-hacker-isis.html

anonymous-hackers-isis.png

Soon after its war declaration, Anonymous claimed to have taken down more than 5,500 pro-ISIS Twitter accounts in #OpParis (Operation Paris).

In the past, hackers and organizations associated with Anonymous brought down websites allegedly connected with ISIS and claimed to have taken down thousands of ISIS accounts, disrupting their social media recruitment efforts.

Anonymous' most famous targets include the white supremacist group Ku Klux Klan (KKK), the Vatican, the Westboro Baptist Church (known for its hate speech against the Jews, LGBT community, and liberal politicians), the governments, and even the CIA.
opparis-isis-anonymous.png

So, calling Anonymous idiots doesn’t make them idiots, because the hacktivist group has proved itself to be fully capable of launching successful attacks – and ISIS knows it. That's why the terror organisation is spreading lame instructions through its affiliated official channels on Telegram on how to prevent getting hacked by Anonymous.

ISIS knows that Anonymous has the power to change the social media movements around the globe. But this a big attack that Anonymous have never ever fight against terrorist organization. They managed to

took down more than 5500 ISIS twitter account. So pretty much, Anonymous can disrupt ISIS online propaganda, but let's see what is coming toward us next.

ISIS is a terrorist organisation whose most interesting aspect is how it leverages the huge power of Twitter and Facebook to radicalize young people, spread its message around the globe, recruit foreign supporters to its fight and shock people into taking notice of its actions.Many ISIS militants maintain extremely active accounts on the popular social media platforms. They also have a strong presence on the most popular encrypted messaging app Telegram with more than 100,000 followers. According to The Atlantic, there were more than 46,000 ISIS-affiliated Twitter accounts with an average of 1,000 followers each. The group has also established a 24-hour Jihadi Help Desk to help its foot soldiers spread their message around the world, recruit followers and launch more terror attacks on foreign soil, NBC reports.

ISIS use Twitter and Facebook to recruit young peoples to their group. As long they have more peoples, the war will never end. But it will be a bloodbath on the battlefield consider US already proved that we have the power to bring you down. 

So how Anonymous able to defeat ISIS? Well, here is the answer of how.

When taking into consideration ISIS's extensive presence on Twitter, taking down its social media presence is the actual key to defeating the terror group, and it does make an impact at worst. So, taking down the group's 5,500 Twitter accounts could be the first step towards disrupting ISIS online propaganda. No doubt, we doesn't have any silver bullet solution to this problem, neither cyber attacks can vanish ISIS from its roots, but at least hackers can disrupt their online propaganda that may disable them to plan or plot Paris-like terrorist attacks.

Besides social media takeovers, the hacker collective is using "Distributed Denial of Service" (DDoS) attacks to shut down websites affiliated with ISIS, including its fundraising sites from where ISIS get fed. Anonymous has previously used successful DDOS attacks to shut down services of companies or organizations the group deems fit for the attack, including the municipal computer system of Ferguson, Missouri in the wake of Michael Brown death.

As matter of fact, Anonymous release a noobie guide of "How to hacking guide" so you can have the power to fight back against terrorist group.

how-to-hack-isis.png

The instruction set also includes.

• NoobGuide — Methods to hack websites associated with Islamic State
  • Reporter — How to set up a Twitter bot for uncovering IS accounts.
  • Searcher — How to identify and take down ISIS related websites and social media accounts

It seems like, Anonymous is silently saying to ISIS… Just wait and watch what these idiots can do to you.

Let see what Anonymous next movement will be. 

Nice that Anonymous is bringing in the common man to help in the fight. More power to them, I say!

At least someone is doing something about them.

How legal would it be if we were to... assist in this cause?

Dank shit. Keep it up anonymous.

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

This post is informative and all but this is still hacking and it's illegal so the forum should not allow such a thing.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

finally hackers being productive 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

making a meme

He, i got that from Google you know? Google is your best buddy. 

I don't get it how the latest ISIS news in the Tech news section have anything to do with Tech?

Big deal they can be hacked that's not 'Tech' news.

Sounds like "Off Topic" stuff to me especially since the last thread went south pretty fast....

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

How legal would it be if we were to... assist in this cause?

Never heard the US complaining about any "anonymous tips" about terrorist activity...   I would certainly suggest a VPN though

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

The "How to hacking guide" is quite considerate and I am genuinely interested in trying it.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

This post is informative and all but this is still hacking and it's illegal so the forum should not allow such a thing.

If encryption were outlawed, would we not be allowed to talk about how to encrypt things here? There is a prime number that when converted to binary and executed as a program will decrypt DVDs, just by its nature as a prime number. Are we going to outlaw mathematical principles now?

Sure, it's hacking, but in this case I think it is white-hat hacking and any attempt at it to slow down ISIS should be heartily encouraged.

Let's smash the fellows!

If encryption were outlawed, would we not be allowed to talk about how to encrypt things here? There is a prime number that when converted to binary and executed as a program will decrypt DVDs, just by its nature as a prime number. Are we going to outlaw mathematical principles now?

Sure, it's hacking, but in this case I think it is white-hat hacking and any attempt at it to slow down ISIS should be heartily encouraged.

Let's smash the fellows!

it's still hacking, and why the hell are you talking about encryption?

Vigilantism is for a good cause but it's still considered illegal. I don't care if you guys are here to try those things out. But this forum is not supposed to entertain anything illegal

BUT do be aware that IRC has huge SECURITY FLAWS and going into their channels without masking or doing any precautions; people will be able to track you down. 

That part of the internet is a double edge sword which can comeback to hurt you if you're being stupid.

There are far a crapton more Black hats out there than white hats.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

[removed]

Based on your member title, I have a question: You're almost certainly drunk if you're being a dick to us... but are you also drunk to when you're being a dick to ISIS?

If so, then by all means, CARRY ON, MY JOLLY OLD FELLOW! :D :D :D

Edited by Godlygamer23

Vigilantism is for a good cause but it's still considered illegal. I don't care if you guys are here to try those things out. But this forum is not supposed to entertain anything illegal

BUT do be aware that IRC has huge SECURITY FLAWS and going into their channels without masking or doing any precautions; people will be able to track you down. 

That part of the internet is a double edge sword which can comeback to hurt you if you're being stupid.

There are far a crapton more Black hats out there than white hats.

Ok party pooper.

BTW. Am pretty sure everyone has done something illegal once. Jaywalking that illegal. Downloading music from youtube and not paying the person who made it unless given explicit permission to download.

Giving copies of music or documents that you aren't allow to " Share " is illegal. Hell jailbreaking is illegal and if you done that your a bad bad person.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

My point about encryption was that the government can declare illegal whatever the hell it wants to, even if 99% of the time, it is being done for a good cause. Whether it be vigilantism, hacking or encryption, it doesn't matter. However, just because it's illegal doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed, especially here where technology and its functions in our world are kinda the whole reason for this forum's existence.

If government officials have a problem with their constituents helping them do their job to the point where they would punish people for helping, then something has gone horribly horribly wrong with their priorities, maybe even allegiances. It's hypocrisy. Why should we be barred from helping to defend ourselves and others? I think the end justifies the means in this situation. If DDoSing the shit out of ISIS will help in even a remote way, I'm all for it. I don't care what the government thinks about it. So far they've done jack shit. So far, the only ones who have thrown any significant punches are France, Russia and Anonymous, and if they want our help to hit back at ISIS, then I'm 100% behind it.

But by all means, use a VPN, use a IP switch, do whatever it takes to protect yourself. It's not just the government that can hit you.

Ok party pooper.

BTW. Am pretty sure everyone has done something illegal once. Jaywalking that illegal. Downloading music from youtube and not paying the person who made it unless given explicit permission to download.

Giving copies of music or documents that you aren't allow to " Share " is illegal. Hell jailbreaking is illegal and if you done that your a bad bad person.

^This. "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."

Everyone has done something illegal at some point in their lives, whether they know it or not. DDoSing terrorist organizations doesn't seem like the most heinous thing at the moment.

Too bad this literally does no damage to them. It's just a minor annoyance, until they make new accounts, again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

KemoKa, on 19 Nov 2015 - 2:44 PM, said:

Based on your member title, I have a question: You're almost certainly drunk if you're being a dick to us... but are you also drunk to when you're being a dick to ISIS?

If so, then by all means, CARRY ON, MY JOLLY OLD FELLOW! :D :D :D

Nah I always hate ISIS.

snip

snip

Like I've said by all means do what you want with it just go ahead and do it.

I never said NO did I? please do tell if I did. The only thing I've said is that this FORUM shouldn't be discussing something illegal even a grey area like torrents are not allowed.

I'm only warning people that doing these kinds of things can have grave consequences. THE OP post didn't even mention that you should protect yourself while being on their channels.

Heck I'm doing people here a favor by telling them to at least do precautions before doing these.

Too bad this literally does no damage to them. It's just a minor annoyance, until they make new accounts, again.

Not to mention ISIS leaders are career terrorists whom have been around before the social media craze. 

Anonymous needs to target ISIS finances. Otherwise they are absolutely useless.