Upgrading my CPU. Is the i7 4790K worth?

Hi, guys.

So, as you can see in my signature, I currently have a low-mid end pc. And I've been thinking to upgrade my CPU. I mean, for what's worth it has a decent performance, but goddammit! Whenever I play newer games like the Witcher 3,GTA5 And even fallout 4,it really shows just how bad it is. The FPS drops are just way to big to enjoy the games.

Anyway, I've thinking about getting an Intel CPU. I'm debating whether the 4790K it's worth, I mean,I just use my PC to play. I'm not Sure if I should just save me some money and buy a 4690k or even a 4790 non-K .

Any advise, guys?

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

4790k is great, if its not too much more though get a 6700k

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I personally bought the 4790K as it will last a lot longer than a 4690k, and ATM I've got mine set to run at 3.5GHz, and when its no longer fast enough I'll have it running at stock, and finally when its getting too slow at stock I'll run it at 4.8GHz. With the 4790K expect at least 5 years of use.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Are you going to be overclocking? If you haven't touched your 6300, are you going to do so with a high-end Intel processor? If you aren't going to be overclocking, get a i5 4460 or a Xeon 1231.

4790k is great, if its not too much more though get a 6700k

As much as I'd love to upgrade to skylake... It's way too expensive here, in Mexico. there are only high end MOBOs available for skylake and the DDR4 it's way too expensive. We're talking about a  350-450$ Dollars in prince difference compare to my upgrade towards the 4790K.

If all you do is play games, then the 4690K is more than enough and a huge upgrade from the 6300. So no, the 4790K isn't really worth it in that respect. 

Get a non K CPU if you don't plan to OC either - maybe the 4590.

I'm not too sure about it. I don't think I'll be OCing. So, Maybe be that's the way to go

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

As much as I'd love to upgrade to skylake... It's way too expensive here, in Mexico. there are only high end MOBOs available for skylake and the DDR4 it's way too expensive. We're talking about a  350-450$ Dollars in prince difference compare to my upgrade towards the 4790K.

Ouch, that's worse than Australia-and Mexico is closer to the US.

PMSL

I personally bought the 4790K as it will last a lot longer than a 4690k, and ATM I've got mine set to run at 3.5GHz, and when its no longer fast enough I'll have it running at stock, and finally when its getting too slow at stock I'll run it at 4.8GHz. With the 4790K expect at least 5 years of use.

What MOBO would you recommend. I was thinking in a Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming, or maybe a Z97 U5.? 

Ouch, that's worse than Australia-and Mexico is closer to the US.

God bless the almighty dollar! xD

What MOBO would you recommend. I was thinking in a Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming, or maybe a Z97 U5.? 

God bless the almighty dollar! xD

Either of them would be good, though don't expect the highest overclocks on the Z97MX (that's if you do decide to overclock).

PMSL

4790k then :)

unless you want to go with 4690k, that ones still good for gaming too

try to buy them used

lots of people sell them new in box for cheap

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Either of them would be good, though don't expect the highest overclocks on the Z97MX (that's if you do decide to overclock).

So which Mobo would you recommend for OC? Something not too extreme like a Asus Formula.

So which Mobo would you recommend for OC? Something not too extreme like a Asus Formula.

What's your budget for one?

PMSL

What's your budget for one?

130-180$