Best gfx card for 1080p?

striker477

No it's not, the chip may be based on the 290 but the rest of the GPU is different. Is a 2016 Mustang a 13 year old car?

It's the same GPU core at a higher clock with more unusable memory. How is that much different from a 290?

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

It's the same GPU core at a higher clock with more unusable memory. How is that much different from a 290?

Have you seen both cards without a cooler attached? I have them both, they are completely different cards.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Have you seen both cards without a cooler attached? I have them both, they are completely different cards.

That doesn't change the fact they're essentially the same card. Overclocking a 290 gives you the same if not better results than most 390's. I'll try and find the video and edit this post- it shows that there is almost no performance difference between the 290 and 390 when at the same clock speed, even when the 390 has twice as much VRAM.

EDIT: This video is about the 290x and 390x however the same applies to the 290 and 390.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

That doesn't change the fact they're essentially the same card. Overclocking a 290 gives you the same if not better results than most 390's. I'll try and find the video and edit this post- it shows that there is almost no performance difference between the 290 and 390 when at the same clock speed, even when the 390 has twice as much VRAM.

EDIT: This video is about the 290x and 390x however the same applies to the 290 and 390.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uUgIkFa8o

Sorry, I'll speak up.

I HAVE BOTH FUCKING GOD DAMN CARDS.

Did you hear me that time? Fps is not the only judge of performance. While at the same exact core and memory speeds the 290 and 390 do show similar synthetic benchmarks. But, the 290 uses 30w more at full load and runs almost 10c hotter. And that's comparing a Vaporx 290 and a Nitro 390. In games the similarities end. In Witcher 3 the 390 out performs the 290 by 10fps but the 290 does a better job with Hairworks in appearance. In Fallout 4 the 290 beats the 390.

Not the same cards.

If anyone asks you never saw me.