dt 990 vs hd 598

keiwein
Go to solution Solved by SteadfastWhiplash,

I had this same problem a few months ago. I chose to get the DT 990s but get the HD 598s if you wanna play it safe. The DT 990s are a lot better though if you like their sound signature, it's a love it or hate it relationship.

so ive been thinking about some headphones that i want and i got it down to dt 990s or hd 598s. which would you recommend when it comes to pop and gaming? also can u reccomend me an amp/dac combo as well? thx in advance!

Depends on sound signature you want? Personally I would prefer the DT 990 over the 598's also the DT 990's are a bit more money so.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You won't get any benefit out of either by using a dac/amp combo, unless you want to get the 250 ohm version of the DT990.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I had this same problem a few months ago. I chose to get the DT 990s but get the HD 598s if you wanna play it safe. The DT 990s are a lot better though if you like their sound signature, it's a love it or hate it relationship.

k thx!

I really like my 598s and can say they're a quality pair of headphones but I have nothing to compare them against so take what I say with a pinch of salt.