SteelSeries Rival 300 or Steelseries Sensei [not razer please]

Hey Folks,

I have been playing a lot of CSGO lately and have been thinking of buying a new mouse. I usually do a bit of research before investing in one of these gaming mices. 

The SteelSeries Rival 300 seems like a good mice as I have been using my brother's Rival 300 and have been in love with it. I was a bit hesitant at first but after a few hours of Death Match awping the tracking seems to be really perfect for me specially in FPS games. YES, Flick away! SWIPE AWAY !

OH  AND, the grip! this is what made me love the SteelSeries RIVAL 300 the same could not be said for my Razer deathadder which has a very slippery grip and has been really making me go nuts with the left click problem which my Razer deathadder has and this is why I am replacing the Razer Deathadder with my new love the SteelSeries RIVAL 300.

I have been using the RIVAL 300 mouse to play other FPS titles (Call of Duty, Battlefield and Quake) as well and I must say there's a much more friction between my mouse and mousepad now. 

So, since my brother has been without a gaming mouse for a while. I suppose I would need to buy my own SteelSeries Rival 300.

My question here is - Should I get the SteelSeries Rival 300 or buy the SteelSeries Sensei ? The Sensei seems to be a good mouse as well according to a group of competitive players here in London. And, please do not suggest Razer at all! I've been very disappointed with it. Too many problems with them in the past and I am done! 

Help me choose folks :)  my gauntlet folks (Gauntlet = mouse for me) 

Link to the SteelSeries Rival 300: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-300 

SteelSeries Sensei: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei 

Cheers! 

The Sensei has a laser sensor so it has build in acceleration which can't be turned off.

The Rival is a far better choice for FPS games.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

-snip-

Since you already have such good experience with the Rival i would get that one.

Why risk being disappointed when you have already found a mouse you are in love with right?

The Sensei is a laser mouse.. Laser mice have built in hardware acceleration that CANT be turned off.. not matter what, you will always have around 5% acceleration... Not to mention the Sensei has tracking issues. The only benefit of laser mice is that they are able to achieve higher dpi's then optical mice. Go for the Rival

Hey Folks,

I have been playing a lot of CSGO lately and have been thinking of buying a new mouse. I usually do a bit of research before investing in one of these gaming mices. 

The SteelSeries Rival 300 seems like a good mice as I have been using my brother's Rival 300 and have been in love with it. I was a bit hesitant at first but after a few hours of Death Match awping the tracking seems to be really perfect for me specially in FPS games. YES, Flick away! SWIPE AWAY !

OH  AND, the grip! this is what made me love the SteelSeries RIVAL 300 the same could not be said for my Razer deathadder which has a very slippery grip and has been really making me go nuts with the left click problem which my Razer deathadder has and this is why I am replacing the Razer Deathadder with my new love the SteelSeries RIVAL 300.

I have been using the RIVAL 300 mouse to play other FPS titles (Call of Duty, Battlefield and Quake) as well and I must say there's a much more friction between my mouse and mousepad now. 

So, since my brother has been without a gaming mouse for a while. I suppose I would need to buy my own SteelSeries Rival 300.

My question here is - Should I get the SteelSeries Rival 300 or buy the SteelSeries Sensei ? The Sensei seems to be a good mouse as well according to a group of competitive players here in London. And, please do not suggest Razer at all! I've been very disappointed with it. Too many problems with them in the past and I am done! 

Link to the SteelSeries Rival 300: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-300 

Cheers! 

I have used Rival 300 in past and i loved the quality build of the mouse, i should suggest you to buy that mouse only from fps games point of view.

You would happy with that mouse.

Hey Folks,

Cheers! 

You could also try the Feenix Nascita, Mionix Naos 8200 or the Mionix Castor.

You could also try the Feenix Nascita, Mionix Naos 8200 or the Mionix Castor.

Mouse design of mionix naos 800 is pretty large i dont think the Op would prefer that mouse as he is in love with SteelSeries Rival 300

Mouse design of mionix naos 800 is pretty large i dont think the Op would prefer that mouse as he is in love with SteelSeries Rival 300

The Mionix Castor and Feenix Nascita aren't that big.

The Mionix Castor and Feenix Nascita aren't that big.

A little skeptical on that since RIVAL 300 and the Sensei can be both customized to an extend which is something I would like in a gaming mouse before I invest hundreds of Euro's. While, the Feenix Nascita does not have a customization option. 

But thank you for the suggestion mate. 

A little skeptical on that since RIVAL 300 and the Sensei can be both customized to an extend which is something I would like in a gaming mouse before I invest hundreds of Euro's. While, the Feenix Nascita does not have a customization option. 

But thank you for the suggestion mate. 

No problem :)

Why not Rival 100? Same / equally good sensor with "perfect tracking", the shape is a blend of normal Rival 300 and Sensei, as it's a more ambidextrous mouse but I don't think it has buttons on both sides like the Sensei. And it has some RGB lighting so you can fiddle around with that if you so desire. 

I wouldn't get the Sensei, because as everyone else has already stated: all Laser mice have some acceleration. I've been using a Sensei for two or three years and I don't notice it personally, but I've got a Rival 100 coming soon, and I'll do some comparisons. I'm excited for it. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Why not Rival 100? Same / equally good sensor with "perfect tracking", the shape is a blend of normal Rival 300 and Sensei, as it's a more ambidextrous mouse but I don't think it has buttons on both sides like the Sensei. And it has some RGB lighting so you can fiddle around with that if you so desire. 

I wouldn't get the Sensei, because as everyone else has already stated: all Laser mice have some acceleration. I've been using a Sensei for two or three years and I don't notice it personally, but I've got a Rival 100 coming soon, and I'll do some comparisons. I'm excited for it. 

It has a modified A3050 sensor, which isn't as good as the one in the Rival 300 (PWM3310) and has perfect tracking only on 500 DPI. The switches are harder to press and mushier than the ones in the 300, because of the shell. For 40€ it's not bad at all for low sensitivity gamers.

I was thinking of getting one, but they didn't have a glossy model, so I ended up buying a Rival 300. :D

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

It has a modified A3050 sensor, which isn't as good as the one in the Rival 300 (PWM3310) and has perfect tracking only on 500 DPI. The switches are harder to press and mushier than the ones in the 300, because of the shell. For 40€ it's not bad at all for low sensitivity gamers.

I was thinking of getting one, but they didn't have a glossy model, so I ended up buying a Rival 300. :D

Welp, now I'm not that excited for it anymore. I guess I'll find out if I like it more than my Sensei. If I don't, it won't be a big deal anyway, it's a fairly cheap mouse. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I got both of them, and for gaming, I prefer the Rival.

But it's a matter of personal taste...

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

How well suited is the Rival 300 for claw/fingertip grip? My deathadder is horrible for anything but palm and I'm looking to change.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I have been using the Steelseries RIVAL 300 and also has the new RIVAL 100. I've got to say they both are really good performing mices specially the SteelSeries Rival 300 the tracking is very consistent and since I prefer the palm grip on my gaming mices they tend to not slip away which was a really big plus point. If your looking to buy a gaming mouse with a good optical sensor then the SteelSeries Rival 300 is for you!

But if you want a smaller version of the Rival 300 then the Rival 100 is something you can go for! Hope, this help.

How well suited is the Rival 300 for claw/fingertip grip? My deathadder is horrible for anything but palm and I'm looking to change.

Personally the grip is brilliant for claw grip as that rubber padding on the side makes you feel in total control, personally it has an all rounder grip feel.

And I play fps mostly. I have tried this mouse for like 2-3 days

Personally the grip is brilliant for claw grip as that rubber padding on the side makes you feel in total control, personally it has an all rounder grip feel.

And I play fps mostly. I have tried this mouse for like 2-3 days

Thanks for the suggestion mate!

Thanks for the suggestion mate!

So which mouse did you bought or still searching for the best option. 

Did you buy all the Mouses mentioned in this thread xD 

So which mouse did you bought or still searching for the best option. 

Did you buy all the Mouses mentioned in this thread xD 

HAHA ! I wish lol

I bought the SteelSeries Rival 300. This has been a pretty good investment coupled with my SteelSeries QCK+ Fnatic edition mouse pad. 

Thanks again cheers!