AMD Releases 15.11.1 BETA Drivers with Optimizations for Fallout 4 and Starwars Battlefront

Timmahnz

That's true. Every time someone on the steam forum asks about poor performance on their system. I was always expecting an and AMD system. Turns out, many of them are running 980 tis, 780s and pretty beefy nvidia gpus.

So you're saying AMD doesn't have beefy GPUs? LOL!!!

Correct but to clarify, Bethesda made it a bit trickier than normal: it detects and sets settings to ultra for example, so I manually completely turn off god rays but I noticed performance hit and the effect active. Turns out that even if you turn it off, for some reason Beth thinks its ok to just set it to low instead of turning it off all the way. What you have to do is set your settings to "Low" on the initial option screen, and then manually change everything back to ultra except godrays that should stay off. That way the game leaves it off for good instead of defaulting it to low.

Now I won't speculate as to whenever this was tremendously stupid oversight or foul play but when a game behaves in shitty ways like that you can't say "Oh just turn it off" when its actually not possible without you googling this specific issue.

go to my documents\my games\fallout 4 and turn fallout4prefs in read only after applying settings but before launching the game.

Just thought I'd report back with my findings after trying the driver.

All wood textures more than ca. 10 metres away (radius) from my character have rainbow bitcrush corruption now. As the OP quote said, this could happen with eyefinity - but I don't use eyefinity, I have a perfectly normal 1920x1200 display. The vault-tec jumpsuit also has corruption, turning every limb of the suit looking like white mesh. It would actually be kind of cool if the torso was affected as well lol.

Going to revert back to the previous driver. (Minimum FPS did improve though, even if it's kind of useless when things start looking like shit)

16:10 isn't considered normal by consoles devs. wouldn't surprise me that somehow the game now thinks it in eyefinity or something.

You realize the game has a 60 fps frame lock right? If you disable that frame lock there are reports of it messing up the speed of the game. I like how you choose to believe the reports about Nvidia cards having issues, but not the reports about AMD. Keep making yourself look like a fool on these forums, it's entertaining to watch...

please point to where i said there are no problems on AMDs side

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

So you're saying AMD doesn't have beefy GPUs? LOL!!!

Where'd you get that? 0_0

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

thats still over a week after the release date, which was when nvidia released their drivers

you can see how many thousands of people have been waiting for this driver update just by looking at all the people having issues with AMD on google

in the past they have taken anywhere from a week to a month after game releases to release their drivers

even one week is still too long

maybe you're like a console gamer and just satisfied with "oh its one week late, good enough for me, no need for any improvement."

Its a Gameworks title. If you look at Gaming Evolved titles it also took Nvidia a while to prepare their drivers, for example AMD released drivers for Dirt Rally around its launch while Nvidia did not. I am not sure if they have or haven't still.

Tomb Raider as well, they had to patched the game for TressFX to work properly on Nvidia GPUs.

Hitman Absolution......Deus Ex.....etc.....Nvidia drivers did not release drivers for those until a week later or none at all.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

To be fair, that's not AMD's fault.

Never said it was. I really like my 290's even though drivers have been REALLY  unstable for me to the point of entire system freezes when I launched games or hardware accelerated programs, but that may be partly my fault, since I have never reinstalled my OS since I bought and built my pc in 2011. I just cloned it from my previous OS HDD to my current SSD and didnt reinstall it after changing my PSU and GPU's.

I'm actually pointing fingers at Treyarch, because of their terrible coding.

Its been a couple of years since I played Black Ops 1 MP, but the last times I had terrible performance with my I7 and a 6950. exactly 17 fps on every video setting, while it worked perfectly before. And I had no trouble with any other game. Performance on BO2 is acceptable but my question about it is "why doesnt the game allow for eyefinity while every other COD does to some extent?" Every other COD doesnt natively support it but you can adjust it with widescreen fixers, while BO2 is the only which blacks out an entire screen.

And now their latest game BO 3 barely works...

Its definetly Treyarchs fault...

OT my first paragraph is actually the reason I'm reluctant to install new drivers, because now i use one that is actually stable (I think 15.9) and I hate to mess that up.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Never said it was. I really like my 290's even though drivers have been REALLY  unstable for me to the point of entire system freezes when I launched games or hardware accelerated programs, but that may be partly my fault, since I have never reinstalled my OS since I bought and built my pc in 2011. I just cloned it from my previous OS HDD to my current SSD and didnt reinstall it after changing my PSU and GPU's.

I'm actually pointing fingers at Treyarch, because of their terrible coding.

Its been a couple of years since I played Black Ops 1 MP, but the last times I had terrible performance with my I7 and a 6950. exactly 17 fps on every video setting, while it worked perfectly before. And I had no trouble with any other game. Performance on BO2 is acceptable but my question about it is "why doesnt the game allow for eyefinity while every other COD does to some extent?" Every other COD doesnt natively support it but you can adjust it with widescreen fixers, while BO2 is the only which blacks out an entire screen.

And now their latest game BO 3 barely works...

Its definetly Treyarchs fault...

BO1's optimization is very spotty, and for no reason.

BO2 was pretty damn decently ported as far as CoD ports go but never realized that it never supported Eyefinity though.

But yeah, BO3 is trash. God dammit Beeno-I mean Treyarch.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Driver's a fucking bust for me: Instead of dips into low 30s now I freeze for half a second or more every so often, basically unplayable. Rolling back.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Few hours of playing with this driver, definitely got a boost, game feels smoother.

However this driver has tanked my BF:4 performance :( Oh well, it's only a BETA. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | RAM: G.Skill 32Gb at 3200Mhz | GPU:  GTX 1080ti

I went to Swan Lake and I had the same powerpoint as before the driver. Luckily it's only a couple of locations in Fallout 4 (city) that gives me horrible drops. I'll be getting the 980 Ti very soon anyway.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

Correct but to clarify, Bethesda made it a bit trickier than normal: it detects and sets settings to ultra for example, so I manually completely turn off god rays but I noticed performance hit and the effect active. Turns out that even if you turn it off, for some reason Beth thinks its ok to just set it to low instead of turning it off all the way. What you have to do is set your settings to "Low" on the initial option screen, and then manually change everything back to ultra except godrays that should stay off. That way the game leaves it off for good instead of defaulting it to low.

Now I won't speculate as to whenever this was tremendously stupid oversight or foul play but when a game behaves in shitty ways like that you can't say "Oh just turn it off" when its actually not possible without you googling this specific issue.

It's likely someone forgot an entry in a switch-statement for handling buttons and tabs. It's an easy thing to miss, especially if you add higher/lower levels later on in development. That's why I always use the default clause.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Correct but to clarify, Bethesda made it a bit trickier than normal: it detects and sets settings to ultra for example, so I manually completely turn off god rays but I noticed performance hit and the effect active. Turns out that even if you turn it off, for some reason Beth thinks its ok to just set it to low instead of turning it off all the way. What you have to do is set your settings to "Low" on the initial option screen, and then manually change everything back to ultra except godrays that should stay off. That way the game leaves it off for good instead of defaulting it to low.

I thought the only way to completely disable Godray is to edit Fallout4.ini and set "bNvGodraysEnable=1" to "bNvGodraysEnable=0"?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

thats still over a week after the release date, which was when nvidia released their drivers

you can see how many thousands of people have been waiting for this driver update just by looking at all the people having issues with AMD on google

in the past they have taken anywhere from a week to a month after game releases to release their drivers

even one week is still too long

maybe you're like a console gamer and just satisfied with "oh its one week late, good enough for me, no need for any improvement."

As an AMD user it would have been nicer to have it earlier but I've had a fine time without drivers since hour one. It's not like it was broken on launch and needed a day 1 driver to work. Plus given that AMD recently changed up the management structure for their whole graphics division, I'll gladly give them some slack.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

As an AMD user it would have been nicer to have it earlier but I've had a fine time without drivers since hour one. It's not like it was broken on launch and needed a day 1 driver to work. Plus given that AMD recently changed up the management structure for their whole graphics division, I'll gladly give them some slack.

Yup, you're right, they have made a lot of improvements to how they handle drivers

I remember back when there was 15 topics a day about someone having black screens with their AMD drivers, now there are almost no issues :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I thought the only way to completely disable Godray is to edit Fallout4.ini and set "bNvGodraysEnable=1" to "bNvGodraysEnable=0"?

No no, the way I described it works: select low, accept, then manually change everything else to what you'd like.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I went to Swan Lake and I had the same powerpoint as before the driver. Luckily it's only a couple of locations in Fallout 4 (city) that gives me horrible drops. I'll be getting the 980 Ti very soon anyway.

I'd hold on it doesn't really seems to be a GPU being taxed issue, it's clearly an overhead issue since I am never even taxed on an AMD card which is kind of the worst case scenario right now. In any case the upgrade you might end up needing might be a CPU upgrade not a GPU upgrade.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'd hold on it doesn't really seems to be a GPU being taxed issue, it's clearly an overhead issue since I am never even taxed on an AMD card which is kind of the worst case scenario right now. In any case the upgrade you might end up needing might be a CPU upgrade not a GPU upgrade.

I don't think my i5 4670k needs an upgrade. Every other game runs just fine (Battlefront and Battlefield, as an example which are both CPU intensive.) My graphics card is 5 years+ old.

EDIT: I have also tried mods and settings, but they don't change anything for some reason. I will have to conclusively wait for a patch.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

My fallout 4 game runs with less lag spikes though its not completely gone especially when it comes to rendering areas....But that is probably my ram

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

downloaded and i don't get fps drops in fallout 4 anymore. pretty nice.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

So this mean we cwn stop blaming game works now.

if you can disable gameworks the only other problem i have with it is that it encourages devs to be lazy and apparently that is true once again with all the problems im hearing about it of course thats not entirely nvidia's fault but still