[Build Log] Project Black Phoenix Scratch Desk Build by a 16 year old.

ThatOneRussian

thanks a lot man pumps and reservoirs or reservoirs and tubes and fittings. What do you think I should order next man

I'd order pumps and res first so then you can mock up the position of them, then order the amount of tubing and fittings accordingly :)

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold

Interesting layout. Cable management will be fun and also with your monitor being up so high you may need to look up therefore hurting your neck, that's what i see from this. Also keyboard placement under the glass is interesting and not sure if that will work, depends on the height of the glass, just dont be throwing your hands up raging at a game cause you will take the table with you.

When getting glass you will probably need 6+mm glass. See what the glass people say it could be 8mm. Make sure to get toughened glass and also laminated so it don't shatter into pieces if it breaks.

Goodluck though.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Interesting layout. Cable management will be fun and also with your monitor being up so high you may need to look up therefore hurting your neck, that's what i see from this. Also keyboard placement under the glass is interesting and not sure if that will work, depends on the height of the glass, just dont be throwing your hands up raging at a game cause you will take the table with you.

When getting glass you will probably need 6+mm glass. See what the glass people say it could be 8mm. Make sure to get toughened glass and also laminated so it don't shatter into pieces if it breaks.

Goodluck though.

I aint getting glass going for acrylic and ive calculated the dimensions for monitors dont you worry about that haha

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I aint getting glass going for acrylic and ive calculated the dimensions for monitors dont you worry about that haha

Acrylic will scratch easily that's why i thought you went glass. Acrylic will also have to be thicker probably.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Acrylic will scratch easily that's why i thought you went glass. Acrylic will also have to be thicker probably.

acrylic is eight or something times harder than class and easier to cut. lol, but it scratches easily so i wont scratch it lol

acrylic is eight or something times harder than class and easier to cut. lol, but it scratches easily so i wont scratch it lol

For the area you're using I'd recommend getting a large mouse pad that is if you don't have one already.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

For the area you're using I'd recommend getting a large mouse pad that is if you don't have one already.

haha yeah ive got my eyes on a qck ++ because its a good size

haha yeah ive got my eyes on a qck ++ because its a good size

I've got a Corsair MM200 extended and this thing has far more than enough space to cover my mouse and keyboard.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I've got a Corsair MM200 extended and this thing has far more than enough space to cover my mouse and keyboard.

a bit too expensive in nz for a mouse mat and a bit too big but i mean what could you expect

Update coming this weekend including the tabletop and the stain and varnish

why you teasing?!?!?! I like the floating concept but don't know how practical it will be. I will watch and observe O.o

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

UPDATE!!!!!!

Hey guys so sorry for the late update. The stain and varnish took a bit later than expected and also RIP my wallet.

Skip this part if you don't care about stories

So I went to the local hardware store and looked at the random colours for about half an hour, meanwhile my dad was getting kind of mad at me for taking so long and then when a clerk showed up it took him like twenty minutes to tell me what to buy and why. And I settled on a colour that wasnt available and I had to wait half an hour for it to be mixed. Yaay. Anyway ive been away working and hanging with russian friends all week. And was punished by my parents for coming home at close to midnight. And they think Im a druggy now and I had my laptop taken away from me. SO RIP my forum life.

INTERESTING BIT

Ive finished the stain and varnish and the tabletop is well to be left to stir because it started hailing in the middle of fucking summer so work was stopped.

post-257913-0-09207000-1450173196_thumb.post-257913-0-11491400-1450173199_thumb.post-257913-0-60923200-1450173193_thumb.

I used the shovel to get a sub button I mean to open the can of stain and varnish. If you get that reference have a virtual cookie.

post-257913-0-60660500-1450173185_thumb.post-257913-0-77219800-1450173188_thumb.post-257913-0-50386700-1450173191_thumb.

And next is the tabletop this weekend cut out and probably applied to the other piece of wood which is MDF and i should be getting the carbon fibre strips soon. 

Thanks for following this build

So cool!! Keep us updated!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting build. I am wondering why you weren't going to consider doing what Linus did with his table build and place all components under the desk out of the way. It will be interesting to see the final on this and am hoping it will look great.

Interesting build. I am wondering why you weren't going to consider doing what Linus did with his table build and place all components under the desk out of the way. It will be interesting to see the final on this and am hoping it will look great.

because watercooling and I wanna see my expensive hardware and appreciate it. and uhhhh the rest of the build log is coming soonish

• 1 month later...

Any update coming soon?

Gaming rig : i5 6600k | EVGA 1070 FTW | 16Go DDR4 HyperX Fury | Intel 600p - WD Black

Laptop : Macbook 2017

Home server : AMD A10 7700k | 2*2TB unraid array + 250GB ssd cache