Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 Giveaway

This is more powerfull than my old mid tower pc and less then one fifth of the size so it would be awsome to be able to free up some room on my desk while having more performance

Small good looking and powerful what's not to like?

It will fit perfectly i the living room where with the TV, for gaming with the kids and use it as an mediacenter.

I've been trying to get my hands on a small form-factor PC for a while now. Not only would it be ideal for me as s student who wants to take up as little space as possible while still having a powerful computer, but I could also use this as a file and media server, which is something else I've been working to get around to making. Having the ZBOX would make this much easier, especially after all the wonderful things Linus said about it (on top of the specs)

I currently run a decent desktop system which I'm very happy with. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to get a proper HTPC yet, which makes me resort to using an older Lenovo Thinkpad T400s without a screen. That's all well and nice, and it fits snug next to my TV, but it seriously lacks power only packing an Intel Core 2 Duo SP9400 that cannot even handle Full HD content. I occasionally use the system for streaming games via. Steam from my desktop PC, again limited by the Thinkpad's low power CPU and integrated graphics chip.

Being able to properly stream both Full HD as well as 4K content and games would be an amazing addition to my setup!

So. I've been running plex servers as of late and have been constantly running into issues surrounding the ports to the raspberry pi architecture. My parter and I are in desperate need of a streaming solution locally and something to run Plex and other server solutions. This little box would be a perfect candidate to take care of all my local game streaming / AV and plex hosting! I'm aware that this may be considered overkill for its purpose right now but having the expandability and resources in one box can open the door for a whole new scope of tinkering and experimenting which for me is what being a tech enthusiast is all about!

Hope one of yall get to read this as your daily uploads are a crucial part of my morning routine that set my nerdy side in overdrive before I get to my office.

Huge fans,

Alex & Sophie

I'm over having a big tower case full of fans and lights.

I'd love to have a gaming pc that fits into the small entertainment center I have that is quiet, looks nice, fits in with the other components and is as powerful as my big, noisy desktop.

It's a perfect LAN/HTPC. It's easy to bring over to a friends house and it doesn't take up a lot of space. :)

I want the zbox so I can replace my girlfriends old rig and she can play fallout 4!

Its tiny. Not as tiny as a NUC, but more functional than a NUC too. Double sided tape, tape it to the back of the monitor. Done.

I'm super interested in purchasing the Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS because my current "media" setup is bits of a 6th gen old, DDR2, XP machine I built out of scrapyard parts from a local computer shop's back ally for free.

So keeping with the "Free" theme, I would love to take that bare-bones kit off of your hands. Its a stunning design and beautifully well made.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

I would like the Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 because it is a very powerful computer for it's size, it has a great CPU and although it may not have a gtx 970 GPU but a gtx 960 is a good enough GPU for standard gamers like me plus it's size is amazing for people who often move to different places and cannot afford to carry their standard PC all over the place as it is heavy and it is the perfect size to be put in my room as it does not have enough space for a standard PC

This would be to replace my laptop which I've had for a couple of years, worst purchase of my life.

Thanks

- Robbivip

I want it to help teach my 6 year old daughter more about computers. It would make a great, simply first build for her!

Small Form Factor PC. That Convert my TV to smart kind of Smart TV. 
and perhaps give an awesome experience while enjoying family time in living room with the Awesome Form Factor PC Connected with TV.

This would be great to use as the living room entertainment system.

It would be very nice to have because i dont have the desk space and i also like to game in my livingroom since it is very small and portable it would solve all my issues.

Give it to me pls. You know im just a poor boy here in the philippines that gtx960 will make my gaming life so happy <3

I don't need to take my 12kg 3000$ rig with me on lans....where I play AOE ii anyways....

Definitely the coolest thing about the ZBOX is the potential it has as a portable workstation/gaming rig. Obviously it can't stand up to some higher end laptops but I'd prefer having a light notebook anways. That makes this a nice "halfway" solution. I think this might also make a nice alternative to a living room PC.

1 Ticket for the Zotac giveaway pls :P

Awesome little PC, would love to use it as a replacement for my laptop at home!

It's a PC that can fit in your hand - and a powerful one too! It has a clean aesthetic, and will hook up great behind a monitor if you're tight for space like myself or will sit nicely on a desk. These are awesome machines and I've wanted one since Linus reviewed them. Good luck to everyone else!

Watch your profanity...

I would like it because my friend is in need of a PC Like system since his laptop set itself on fire and I think this would be a great replacement!

I'm really fond of the formfactor and quite honestly impressed that they fit a desktop 960, albeit downclocked, in there. Would love to see how it performs thermally and in games compared to my laptop and figure out which is more practical for LANs - a good gaming notebook or a ZBOX.

That's my main reasoning behind wanting it. Good luck to everyone :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The way they were able to fit desktop hardware in such a small form factor amazes me.

If I win this giveaway, I'll purchase the required parts that I need in order to get it working and give it to my little brother, who has wanted a good PC for a long, long time now but doesn't have the money to buy one, and is currently stuck with a low-end Dell Inspiron from 2006.

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)