Opinions on this build?

Joe3417

Get a 4690k if you want to overclock, otherwise a 4460.

Also, buy a cooler, try a Hyper 212 Evo. Stock cooler is deadly.

Also, follow your topics @Joe3417

Looks OK to me, I would go with a noctis 450 instead of the h440 but that's personal preference.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

You want to make it cheaper?

Go with cheaper RAM and Case.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

This build is for a friend and it can't be over ~$1150 usd. He needed a wireless card and a keyboard/mouse. I don't know what else i can change to maybe make it cheaper or more efficient, thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HjpVVn

Chage the mobo to h97 one since that that is the locked cpu,4460 can do the job just fine with same performance so no need for it rest looks fine and it should be fine and maybe look at getting regular win10 os.

maybe less ram and better CPU

A better CPU won't do much for just a gaming build.

The stock cooler is fine on a non-overclocked i5. I do agree with the 4460 though.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

A better CPU won't do much for just a gaming build.

The stock cooler is fine on a non-overclocked i5. I do agree with the 4460 though.

If you're paying $1100 on a rig at least buy a decent cooler. Waaaaay more important than 16GB of RAM, or even an SSD. It'll kill him in the long run.

Do you honestly need an SSD? and go with less RAM I think your CPU could get a significant upgrade if you downgrade some of the unessential crap. Also, that Keyboard and mouse combo aren't great I had it for about 2 moths then threw it out and bought a keyboard from Goodwill for 3$ and it works better than that one.

If you're paying $1100 on a rig at least buy a decent cooler. Waaaaay more important than 16GB of RAM, or even an SSD. It'll kill him in the long run.

Stock cooler is just fine and SSD is much more important (if you ask me) than a decent cooler. Especially since he doesn't seem to want to overclock (assuming this since non k cpu).

SSD will start your PC faster, load games faster, improve performance in some console ports where asset streaming is done from non volatile storage AND it will make windows more responsive.

Decent cooler will only make your PC quieter and perform slightly better.

I'd wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday and grab whatever's on sale.

Otherwise it looks pretty good unless you wan to drop down to 8GB of RAM, but honestly the savings doesn't really net you anything better in another department except perhaps a 240GB SSD.

If you do drop down to 8GB, upgrade the peripherals. They're what you interact with on a daily basis, with every task. Choosing the cheapest one reduces the enjoyment of everything.

If you go mechanical, don't get Blue's though. They're horrid.

Amazon has some non branded mice that are actually pretty nice for $15. Then get a cheaper mechanical keyboard.

Chage the mobo to h97 one since that that is the locked cpu,4460 can do the job just fine with same performance so no need for it rest looks fine and it should be fine and maybe look at getting regular win10 os.

Get H97 Motherboard ( MSI H97 PCMate / Gaming 3 ), just get Corsair Vengeance Non-Pro 2x4GB 1600MHz, rest of em is fine

The board he chose is only $90. I highly doubt you'll find an H series board, that fits his color scheme for much less. He might as well stick with this one and have the potential for OC in the future if he chooses to upgrade the CPU.

I don't think it's anywhere near as important as an SSD and stock coolers for locked chips are more than adequate, if a little ugly.

Do you honestly need an SSD? and go with less RAM I think your CPU could get a significant upgrade if you downgrade some of the unessential crap. Also, that Keyboard and mouse combo aren't great I had it for about 2 moths then threw it out and bought a keyboard from Goodwill for 3$ and it works better than that one.

I disagree. SSD's are probably the one thing I'd never skimp on. They make the whole experience way, way better.

I can't even use my dad's HDD based computer anymore. It's way too slow.

A CPU would not really be that significant of an upgrade given everything else that would have to be reduced in performance.

Totally agree about the keyboard/mouse combo though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@Joe3417 follow your topics :rolleyes:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red