In need of some advice for buying GPU.

ThaCrypte

Aight, so I have this current build with a FX-8350 4ghz 8 core, 8gb ddr3 RAM and a ATI Radeon HD6670 1gb ddr3. I want to replace my old rusty videocard with a new one, yet my budget ain't that high (I'd say 100-150 euro's). I'd love to play games such as fallout 4 and I don't really need like 100 fps or whatsoever or put everything at ultra, as long as the graphics look nice and I can get a smooth fps rate. 

So yeah, give me some advise :P

You could try saving up for a GTX 950, or if you must have an AMD gpu, maybe something like an R9 380

Fallout 4 is a mess, so it's not a good game to base an upgrade on until it gets sorted out. But you can't go wrong with a 300 series Radeon GPU and their VRAM advantage over the Nvidia GPUs. Also are you open to buying a used GPU?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Anything higher then a R9 380 would be useless unless you plan on upgrsding your CPU within the next 2 months.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Fallout 4 is a mess, so it's not a good game to base an upgrade on until it gets sorted out.

This^ Fallout 4 is fun but don't base your upgrade around it as it needs optimization still, and amd hasn't released a driver for it yet, hell I have issues at times with a 970, not fps issues but issues regardless.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Anything higher then a R9 380 would be useless unless you plan on upgrsding your CPU within the next 2 months.

That CPU is doing better than the Intels in some recent games, so I'm not too sure that applies at the moment. I'd pair it with a 390 without worry.

I don't feel... safe with buying used gpu's or any other electrical device. And yeah, if fallout is a mess then games such as battlefield 4 and stuff. 

Fallout 4 does better on Nvidia at the time of writing this but I expect that to change in a week or so when AMD release a driver. The game is also wonky - it scales with RAM speed, fucks up when Shadows are on High or Ultra in cities and much more.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I don't feel... safe with buying used gpu's or any other electrical device. And yeah, if fallout is a mess then games such as battlefield 4 and stuff.

I'd go with the 380 then, the 380x would be better but would push the budget.

I'd go with the 380 then, the 380x would be better but would push the budget.

Hmm, 380 is quiet more expensive then I had in mind (200 euro's would be the cheapest, sapphire dual-x r9 380) 

Hmm, 380 is quiet more expensive then I had in mind (200 euro's would be the cheapest, sapphire dual-x r9 380)

It would be worth it, another step down and you give up quite a bit of performance.

It would be worth it, another step down and you give up quite a bit of performance.

Won't the 2gb VRAM limit me in some of the games that are going to come out? 

Won't the 2gb VRAM limit me in some of the games that are going to come out?

2g is the minimum you should look at, 4g is much, much better. Thought there was a 4g version of the 380.

2g is the minimum you should look at, 4g is much, much better. Thought there was a 4g version of the 380.

The 4gb version costs 250 euro or something, kinda a bummer. Idk if it matters much: But I'm also not aiming for 4k or whatsoever, as I find 1080p just good enough. I'll check out some benchmarks for the 380 :P

Thanks for the advise so far :P