To all of you "Anti CX" People...

iamdarkyoshi

...How many of you will not touch a CX power supply but use those cheap-ass USB chargers? News flash, the CX supplies are FAR safer than these ebay cheapies.

The seperation between the input and output in these cheap chargers is often very poor, and an arc can easily jump between the input and output. See the video for a song, and try to find his teardown of the charger.

post-128204-0-40133900-1447360048_thumb.

How many of you are guilty of using these? Just curious...

i dont use either. Guess im in the best position then.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I don't use them because i'm not stupid. LOL

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Why Would I buy something for two bucks for my 700$ phone. Same thing applies to my pc. A cx psu is the equivalent of that.

the CX is far better. See the teardown of the charger he made the song about

i have nothing to charge off USB except my wireless headset, which gets plugged into my keyboard passthrough.

also, all my mobile devices COME with USB adapters

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

nah

A lot of people don't understand why the CX series isn't good. 

A lot of people bash it, saying it's terrible, but it's actually fine when used for the right type of system. 

Also, this and the CX series are completely unrelated. These chargers would be the equivalent of a no-name PSU. 

Why Would I buy something for two bucks for my 700$ phone. Same thing applies to my pc. A cx psu is the equivalent of that.

except people who are buying budget PC dont care about. the same way people who are buying 200$ budget phone doesn't give a damn about a cheap chargers.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

To be fair the first one looks like an apple charger and probably is the same quality as one.

the CX is far better. See the teardown of the charger he made the song about

Yeah but its use/price/what its meant to do. A crappy charger isnt meant to charge my phone. But a cx isnt meant to power a 3000$ system.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

except people who are buying budget PC dont care about.

budget people wouldnt have a 700$ phone though.

But I don't...

It's like you eat ass but not willing to try the god damn Halloween Whopper.

I was absolutely terrified of looking up halloween whopper when you compared it to eatting ass. But then I remembered that black hamburger.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

budget people wouldnt have a 700$ phone though.

Edited : read my comment again.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I was absolutely terrified of looking up halloween whopper when you compared it to eatting ass. But then I remembered that black hamburger.

the halloween whopper look like a nasty patty

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Edited : read my comment again.

thats not the problem with cx psu's though the problem is people use them for expensive builds. CX psu's are mediocre at best.... They can run a mediocre system. But they shouldnt because for the price you can get something better. 

I've never used these nor the CX  - both are crappy for what you pay

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

cx and cs are for low end pcs. But there are better deals out there than corsair.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

thats not the problem with cx psu's though the problem is people use them for expensive builds. CX psu's are mediocre at best.... They can run a mediocre system. But they shouldnt because for the price you can get something better.

the same with these chargers. People use them for the same reason that cx supplies end up in high end builds