To all of you "Anti CX" People...

iamdarkyoshi

Irrelevant comparison

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

At least the CX is safe to use in some applications

SPOOKY

*I should probably contact the mods about getting my name changed cx*

:D someone recognized it besides Ramamtaz

But there is friend - they aren't as good as other PSUs in that segment because they have issues. XFX TS can deal with 50*C - CX can't deal with 30*C.

you live in a world where everything's available, out side of US and its continent the options are limited.  if want to suggest there are better options, yes there's nothing wrong in that, but claiming CX is bad and no one should buy it is pure bias. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

you live in a world where everything's available, out side of US and its continent the options are limited.  if want to suggest there are better options, yes there's nothing wrong in that, but claiming CX is bad and no one should buy it is pure bias. 

i live in new zealand mate I can get a decent psu for the price of a cx

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

CX costs 80$ for me - I'd much rather get a Cooler Master B-series for 65$. Sorry but Corsair are overpriced.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

i live in new zealand mate I can get a decent psu for the price of a cx

i live in India, CX series are the cheapest PSUs i can find other than no name companies. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Well, thanks Apple for bundling those with every Apple product.

the OEM ones are great, the ebay knockoffs are bad. People buy these because they do not see a reason to spend a rather large amount on another oem one when the ones on ebay are cheaper

i live in India, CX series are the cheapest CPU's i can find other than no name companies. 

but whats the price difference.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Both cheap ac to dc converters, not sure what is irrelevent

One is good, as long as it's used under the proper circumstances. (CX PSUs meant for office builds n stuff).

One is cheap and horrible and no one should use it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

i live in India, CX series are the cheapest CPU's i can find other than no name companies. 

You use a CX as a CPU? weeeeell - I see why it won't work now :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I wouldnt use neither. Or a CX PSU works for a low end system but for my gaming rig I would never use it. Same for phone. For some cheap ass plastic android thing yeah maybe. For a high end phone (android or IOS) I wouldn't use it.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

There are many worse power supplies than the CX. If the CX had used all Japanese capacitors, I would actually recommend it as a budget PSU any day, but of course it would not be a budget PSU if it did. Capacitors made outside of Japan usually have poor sealing and don't have a good electrolyte. A capacitor has two foils of aluminum with a liquid in the middle, called the electrolyte. Better electrolytes are typically used by the Japanese, ones which withstand higher temperatures and last longer. If the electrolyte gets too hot, it can vaporize and malfunction. Corsair CX's primary capacitors to my knowledge are rated at 80C. Preferable, 100C+ would be better as in high-end power supplies.

Electrolytic capacitors in computer power supplies are made of aluminum. The Japanese do a much better job of creating a high-grade sealing so none of the liquid leaks out. If this liquid leaks out, voltage will not be regulated and then a high voltage can damage your entire system, frying your components.

The major misconception of Corsair CX is that over 30C it can't function. Not true at all, 30C has nothing to do with the power supply's functioning, it has to do with the decrease in maximum theoretical amperage along transistors.

but whats the price difference.

delta 5%

(you wouldnt understand if i said it in Indian currencies)

You use a CX as a CPU? weeeeell - I see why it won't work now :P

typo incase you didnt realize.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

delta 5%

(you wouldnt understand if i said it in Indian currencies)

typo incase you didnt realize.

It was a joke :P

Seriously guys, of all the tech forums I visit this one is the most foolish when it comes to the Corsair CX. Put down your pitchforks guys, and why don't you realize there are other power supplies you should bash. The Huntkey Green Star 450W explodes when it pulls in 450W.

But I don't...

It's like you eat ass but not willing to try the god damn Halloween Whopper.

Perfect.