Thoughts On MSI?

MastuhWaffles

I've been keeping up with MSI products, and overall I think MSI have become one of the best brands out there for PC parts.

After building my rig with 0 issues and the ease of use on parts as well as the quality I cannot be happier. I think MSI has really stepped up their game in these past years.

This is just me, have you guys ever had bad experiences with them?

Thoughts?

Fucking great mobos

One of them survived being thrown 9 feet in the air on concrete

Wow. I have an Mpower Max AC Z97 and have no complaints whatsoever.

:)

Fucking great mobos

One of them survived being thrown 9 feet in the air on concrete

For intel yes, AMD no.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Their laptops and GPUs are pretty good. Their mobos have been nothing but trouble for me though.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

They look good, perform good. I dont really have any critisism.

I have a MSI GTX 970, and am looking at a MSI Z97M gaming intel LGA1150 Z97 Micro ATX Motherboard.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

0 problems with my MSI products, nice BIOS, reliable, nothing wrong at all. Very affordable too. Certainly recommended. 

Yeah, they make good stuff. Big fan of their GPU designs (despite never owning one).

They also make good motherboards (have never had a recent one of them, but my dad still has an AM2 motherboard from them which works great still!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I had a MSI AM3+ mobo, (970a-G43) and it gave me so many problems, the version WITH the VRM cooler was over $20 more at the time, and the board was very low quality for $70

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

great laptops and great motherboard.

from experience !

bad ads feat. teen nudity

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

MSI? Who's idea was it to call a card "lightning", give it it a light up "lightning" logo, and make it black and yellow. That ticks my box for "sounds great" and "looks great". After that, the excellent cooling on that 980 Ti seems like an afterthought. Also, great motherboards.

MSI are one of my favourite hardware brands.

The worst gamer, in the world

Still haven't got past the first world of Super Mario Galaxy 2

I have the xPOWER AC X99 and absolutely love it!  I haven't utilized all the features of it, but the ease of Overclocking is great.

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

They've had some snafus in the past (A LONG Time ago), but they make some rock solid stuff now. 

i have a MSI 970 and i love it so silent and good overclocker but i had an MIS motherboard and it's audio dies in a month so not a fan of that 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I had a MSI AM3+ mobo, (970a-G43) and it gave me so many problems, the version WITH the VRM cooler was over $20 more at the time, and the board was very low quality for $70

I got the 970a-g43 for 40$.

It's not good.

MSI is good with Intel boards, not amd

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have had no problems with MSI products. Then again, I have never owned any MSI products.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

guys, this thread was a week dead

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

MSI is a great manufacturer.

And those who have been having AMD issues I think that is just your luck, I'm running a AMD MSI rig and I've never had any issues.  

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A