GameWorks VR To Be Included In Unreal Engine 4, Helps Getting Up To 50% More Performance

Mr_Troll

Screw you nvidia. Die in a hole.

Come up with a better solution instead of stamping your feet like a child.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Using A sync cores and co developing HBM isn't pushing graphics??? What universe do you live in?

Developing HMC and the software infrastructure for big physics systems and sharing it with game devs isn't pushing graphics???

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

If it weren't for HBM we'd still have VR causing nausea left right and center.

I'm highly skeptical about GW adding perfomrance - overtessallated assets do not give you more fps.

Did you even read this, or are you just " its gameworks, so its shit!"? Because tesselation has nothing to do with this.

Couple of things:

1) It's called "Gameworks" because Nvidia wants to use the name, probably nothing to do with the "Let's add tessellation and kill performance" techniques we're used to

2) I actually do think that this is an effort to get Nvidia cards to get more performance: VR stuff will probably be more centered on DX12 and Vulkan and this might be Nvidia's answer to their terrible-by-comparison DX12 performance.

-------

Current Rig

-------

But market share gives you 50% more fps!

no, market share gives you 50% more fanboys, which again gives you +50 resistence to class action lawsuits for screwing over the customers.

But it gives you - 40% to chances of being bought by sane individuals and -80% to not being compared to a blackbox!

Do you guys like circlejerking around this that much?

Do you guys like circlejerking around this that much?

Yes, problem?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Yes, problem?

Nope. Just don't accuse anyone else of being a fanboy. You've lost that right by now.

Nope. Just don't accuse anyone else of being a fanboy. You've lost that right by now.

There's a difference between fanboy and making an occasional jest you know - I got an 860M over a R7 m370X for a reason - the 860M is better.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Probably only a 50% increase for Maxwell cards as well, and thats assuming Nvidia is actually telling the truth about any kind of increase at all

Its CEO math all over again so yeah...

They really need to stop this and just focus on hardware... I'm sure they can do far more.

Not everything is about hardware, you can have the best there is but if your software is bad that's as good as you'll hardware will be able to perforn. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

There's a difference between fanboy and making an occasional jest you know - I got an 860M over a R7 m370X for a reason - the 860M is better.

This isn't an occasional jest, you do it nearly every time you get into a "discussion" about something like this. Don't kid yourself.

Don't care what you have. When you make the comments like you do, it takes away any credibility that you may have had.

Not everything is about hardware, you can have the best there is but if your software is bad that's as good as you'll hardware will be able to perforn.

Plus they're a large enough company. They hire software engineers to work on software, and so on. They all have specific tasks.

It's like these kids who want development studios to speed up content creation. They're not going to put animation artists on debugging code.

This isn't an occasional jest, you do it nearly every time you get into a "discussion" about something like this. Don't kid yourself.

Don't care what you have. When you make the comments like you do, it takes away any credibility that you may have had.

This is the internet - nobody has credibility - all you have is your language skills and a keyboard

This is the internet - nobody has credibility - all you have is your language skills and a keyboard

Actually, other people do. Not you, though.

Actually, other people do. Not you, though.

Yeah yeah, spare me the lecture. I couldn't give a rat's ass about what you think of me.

Yeah yeah, spare me the lecture. I couldn't give a rat's ass about what you think of me.

It's not just about what I think of you. I have a biased opinion of you that I don't really speak.

What you do make light of is your inability to be somewhat objective and you treat everyone who might disagree with you in any sense as a plebeian - and it's not just you.

Nearly every time this Nvidia stuff is brought up, the same people are seen making frivolous accusations; the same people are seen coming in and arguing with you lot (myself included) since you like to spread misinformation at any chance you get.

But market share gives you 50% more fps!

Just like this one. This is an example of many other replies that (specifically) you make as if it makes your stance any more correct, and it doesn't. You are wrong in the beginning and you're wrong now.

It's not just about what I think of you. I have a biased opinion of you that I don't really speak.

What you do make light of is your inability to be somewhat objective and you treat everyone who might disagree with you in any sense as a plebeian - and it's not just you.

Nearly every time this Nvidia stuff is brought up, the same people are seen making frivolous accusations; the same people are seen coming in and arguing with you lot (myself included) since you like to spread misinformation at any chance you get.

Just like this one. This is an example of many other replies that (specifically) you make as if it makes your stance any more correct, and it doesn't. You are wrong in the beginning and you're wrong now.

I guess you don't like humor. Oh well

I guess you don't like humor. Oh well

There's nothing humorous in your antics to get a rise out of the people who like to remain somewhat objective.

There's nothing humorous in your antics to get a rise out of the people who like to remain somewhat objective.

Sooo making a joke about the market share people bring up when recommending a 960 over a 380 as a means of compensating for the performance deficit is considered dull? Okay. To each their own

Sooo making a joke about the market share people bring up when recommending a 960 over a 380 as a means of compensating for the performance deficit is considered dull? Okay. To each their own

You know what you're doing.

You know what you're doing.

I am making fun of the people who view market share as a selling point. Sue me

Loving the AMD's fanboys circlejerk at the beginning. Funny people. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Come up with a better solution instead of stamping your feet like a child.

AMD LiquidVR, SteamVR. There, that wasn't so hard.

Developing HMC and the software infrastructure for big physics systems and sharing it with game devs isn't pushing graphics???

NVidia didn't do anything to develop HMC. They even abandoned it for HBM, meaning a massive 0 graphics cards in the world uses and will in the near future use HMC. So HMC is pushing absolutely nothing when it comes to graphics.

By physics systems, do you mean the obsolete PhysX, that has failed completely in it's APEX form? Yeah that pushed nothing either.

NVidia innovated Gsync, which is very nice, but chose to make it an overpriced proprietary crap solution, instead of making it an industry standard. So that anti competitive vendor locked in crap is harming the industry more in the long run.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro