Am I lucky?

Goodman2265

How many have I had, ever or since windows 10 ? Does it count if my background is blue :P ?

Once you start to mess around with your PC, you will get more than 10 BSODs that's for sure.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

No, you aren't lucky. You just aren't adventurous. 

Now it is time for you to overclock your CPU.

I think doing deathruns on cpus are fun for benching. :P Same goes for gpus.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I've never had a PC crash on my in my years of using one!

Am I lucky?

Why aren't you following your topic? It's not like you're new here.

Why aren't you following your topic? It's not like you're new here.

Im doing 3d modeling right now

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

ASUS N55SF laptop running 2 monitors and being used like a pc..

after 2 years of great performance it started to give me BSODs which I still can't identify reason(s) for.

Disassembled cleaned, paste reapplied several times, no luck there.

Gotta interpret those blue screens in more detail

On my rig I have had one because I accidently activated ASIO drivers on a non ASIO compatible device, a simple fix since the device was external and all I had to do was unplug it and remove the driver

I love it when a computer blue screens.

One at worked blue screened 5 times in a 10 minute period, Fun times! 

Wait.... Blue!? I didn't know they make color monitors yet! Still using my monochrome display! Damn you kids for not updating me  :angry:

display_adapter_09.gif

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I've had a few BSOD over the years.

But with my current PC, I've only had like, maybe 3 in 5 years. And they weren't hardware issue, but software.

As for before my current PC, I had built an AMD machine before that, used it for a few months. I think I got well over 100 BSOD during that time period. Just a terrible experience all around. Every tests I ran on it came out clean (like memtest and 12+hours of prime95) and then it would just crash randomly with an Hyper Transport Sync Flood error. Tried switching out the hardware, like the motherboard, the ram and even the CPU for an identical one but with a different stepping... Nope, still BSOD. I just sold all the parts individually, never heard anyone complain back about them, and bought into Intel instead... Haven't looked back to AMD cpus since, doesn't seems like I missed much either.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

10+ because Flash + AfterBurner + AMD do not play nicely with each other...

Well the only times i got a bdsod was while overclocking.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

3, maybe. Once random with HD7770, then trying to OC FX-4170 to 4.5GHz on a 4+2 phase MB and third- 280X with VRam issues.

Debian + CSLed Hardware = Damn son, even a kernel fault couldn't shake that OS

If your computer hasn't crashed, then either you haven't been stressing your PC enough or you weren't the one who did the overclocking. Or you were incredibly lucky.

Forum, which one sounds more likely?

because I've crashed dozens of times.

I mean if crashing because Rdio, Google Chrome, and TF2 = pushing your PC...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

thousands. if you've never had a bsod of death then there is no way anything in your system is running at optimum speed or power efficiency. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I get like 1 or 2 every month.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

thousands. if you've never had a bsod of death then there is no way anything in your system is running at optimum speed or power efficiency. 

"Blue-screen of death of death? What is that and where do I get it?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I have had none with BlackGlacier, but my school laptop on the other hand.... (It BSODs like 30 times in one hour....)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

"Blue-screen of death of death? What is that and where do I get it?

the death of death. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

ASUS N55SF laptop running 2 monitors and being used like a pc..

after 2 years of great performance it started to give me BSODs which I still can't identify reason(s) for.

Disassembled cleaned, paste reapplied several times, no luck there.

Gotta interpret those blue screens in more detail

Well you have made me rather frightened...

I am doing the same thing with a Dell Inspiron someshit for people like me without money. I have been getting display driver crashes more and more frequently.

IT CAN ONLY GET WORSE :mellow:

0 here, only the nvidia drivers on my laptop crash sometims but fixes itself after some sec(not BSOD), never had any form of system crash on my computer with intel cpu/amd gpu.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking