Good pair of Earbuds that are going to last...

yung metal

Hey all,

After going though 3 pairs of $40 AUD earbuds (Skull candy inked), I really am getting sick of buying new pairs every 4 months or so. Don't get me wrong, I think their sound in pretty good but the money. I'm looking for a pair around $50 AUD max that are going to last a bit longer. 

Thanks. :)

So I can't find jack shit on Australia's Amazon website (I've no idea why), but Sennheiser has some cheap in-ears that are good. CX 500 or something like that?

I adore samsung earbuds; they're $7, built like a tank, and sound pretty good.

(this is coming from a guy obsessed with audio quality, my tesla t1s cost me a pretty penny)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

So I can't find jack shit on Australia's Amazon website (I've no idea why), but Sennheiser has some cheap in-ears that are good. CX 500 or something like that?

Corsair CX series sucks, he should AT LEAST get an EVGA B2.

/s aside, I think I know what you're talking about. And yes, they're decent.

OP, you might just look around on Amazon for nice ones from either Klipsch or Sennheiser for cheap. I don't know if you'll get them that cheap, but you might as well try.

I used to be quite active here.

Hey all,

After going though 3 pairs of $40 AUD earbuds (Skull candy inked), I really am getting sick of buying new pairs every 4 months or so. Don't get me wrong, I think their sound in pretty good but the money. I'm looking for a pair around $50 AUD max that are going to last a bit longer. 

Thanks. :)

Hey man, id reccommend the Sennheiser CX1.00 I think I got mine for about $70 but well worth the price!

Pretty sure I got them from JB Hi-Fi

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Sony are pretty good value. They are not the best in the world, but are good. 

Normal

http://www.amazon.com/DR-EX12IP-Stereo-Headphones-Remote-Black/dp/B004QOA93E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1447118253&sr=8-6&keywords=sony+earphones&pebp=1447118279220&perid=1FJFTRS0Y0N03SHHG5ZQ

Bass

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRD13T8/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_g23_i2_bs

I personally feel that earbuds are for running / biking / skiing. They should not cost a ton. A good set of headphones are a lot better than a good set of earbuds.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

I adore samsung earbuds; they're $7, built like a tank, and sound pretty good.

(this is coming from a guy obsessed with audio quality, my tesla t1s cost me a pretty penny)

@SSL, not sure how I feel about the T1 being the justification for someone that is obsessed with audio...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

@SSL, not sure how I feel about the T1 being the justification for someone that is obsessed with audio...

Yeah. Basically you might as well burn 1000 bucks.

In other fun news, one of the connectors on the HE-560 I received was defective, so back it goes. Maybe I'll get Fallout 4 and a new graphics card instead of headphones.

In other fun news, one of the connectors on the HE-560 I received was defective, so back it goes. Maybe I'll get Fallout 4 and a new graphics card instead of headphones.

That sucks hard-core. I think you jinxed it when you were saying you've had good experience with your hear working [emoji14]

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

There are cheap Sony MDR-EX15 earbuds that I use. They sound pretty good for their price. Also, if you don't mind waiting for some time you can order Xiaomi Piston 3, they've got good quality too, slightly pricier, but more bang for the buck.

Are you kidding? You blew money on the 560s... I was so happy when I upgraded to T1s. Hell, I'd take my old 1540s over the 560.

Fun fact, one of my connectors was wonky as well. Quality product right?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

What do you think makes someone obsessed with audio? Of course owning an expensive pair of cans means nothing, but I stated that as my justification for simplicity's sake.

Are you kidding? You blew money on the 560s... I was so happy when I upgraded to T1s. Hell, I'd take my old 1540s over the 560.

Fun fact, one of my connectors was wonky as well. Quality product right?

I blew money on the T1 as well. Then I un-blew it, forthwith.

You mean one of your 560 connectors? I'm not surprised. The build on those things was a joke, and apparently Hifiman thinks QC is a joke as well.

You mean one of your 560 connectors? I'm not surprised. The build on those things was a joke, and apparently Hifiman thinks QC is a joke as well.

And yet many cheap headphones have perfectly good build quality.

We need a new headphone company that actualy does things right in the high end headphone sector...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

And yet many cheap headphones have perfectly good build quality.

We need a new headphone company that actualy does things right in the high end headphone sector...

Yeah. Hifiman really has no business making headphones. They should be a driver supplier, not throwing together half-assed products for too much money.

It says a lot about the completely illogical nature of the audiophile market that people are willing to put up with this nonsense.

Yeah. Hifiman really has no business making headphones. They should be a driver supplier, not throwing together half-assed products for too much money.

It says a lot about the completely illogical nature of the audiophile market that people are willing to put up with this nonsense.

Maybe ill be the person who does that. If you can wait about 10 years, maybe ill start a audio company that makes quality products at prices that are low.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Maybe ill be the person who does that. If you can wait about 10 years, maybe ill start a audio company that makes quality products at prices that are low.

Sounds like Kamin has the same plan, so either hurry or else join with him.

Sounds like Kamin has the same plan, so either hurry or else join with him.

Well I have to do some stuff first, like graduate high school, graduate college, and then start my own company. And somehow get the funds to do all this.

Well I have to do some stuff first, like graduate high school, graduate college, and then start my own company. And somehow get the funds to do all this.

Minor considerations.

The 2nd gen is pretty new, maybe you did get a lemon. Have you tried Gen 1s? 

The 2nd gen is pretty new, maybe you did get a lemon. Have you tried Gen 1s? 

No, and I'm not going to. Top quality cushions and removable cable are absolute musts for  me if I'm spending that much on a headphone. Also, I suspect that i would like the sound signature of the T1 even less. The treble spike was bearable at 11kHz, not sure how moving it down to 9kHz would be better, combined with the lack of low-end boost.