Why is the 6700k more expensive than the 5820k

THe question is in the title, it doesn't make sense.  Unless the 6700k is better for some reason that I'm not aware of.

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

because its newer is the only reason I can think of

It's newer. It's in higher demand. I got my 5820k for $299 in March  :)

Nothing is based on what the actual product is worth, if that was the case a $1000 PC would cost $300 to build.

It's newer, and subsequently in higher demand.

It's cheaper in my area, but the Z170 chipset does have many benefits over X99.

Mainly price for Mobos any good X99 board will run $230+ vs $130+.

5820K is Haswell E. 6700K is straight up Skylake.

One was released in August 2014 and one in August 2015.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

its newer, has just been released, and has better single threaded performance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's newer. It's in higher demand. I got my 5820k for $299 in March  :)

HOW AND HOW CAN I DO THE SAME?

Intel is actually starting to charge more for their CPU's because AMD isn't making anything to compete.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Joke

Also, that is Sandy bridge—E. I'm sure Skylake-E will cost more than the 6700k does too.

I need to sell my 3930k and ROG board and get a skylake just for less power consumption. I dont need the extra cores xD

It was on sale like that for 3 months, nobody was buying them because DDR4 was too expensive.

It was on sale like that for 3 months, nobody was buying them because DDR4 was too expensive.

wish i knew that, i'm lookin to buy one rn, any ideas on where to get one cheeeeep?

wish i knew that, i'm lookin to buy one rn, any ideas on where to get one cheeeeep?

Amazon has a two week price match guarantee, you could get one before Black Friday and call them when it goes on sale. 

Amazon has a two week price match guarantee, you could get one before Black Friday and call them when it goes on sale. 

oh shit black friday is comin up lol, what date could i purchase the 5820k for black friday to be within 2 weeks?

oh shit black friday is comin up lol, what date could i purchase the 5820k for black friday to be within 2 weeks?

my god i just realized how stupid that question was, its nov 15 thanks lol

Also it has support for DDR4 RAM.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @4.0GHz | Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Reference | Case: BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Black | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Display: LG 34UM67 Ultrawide Monitor (x2) Vertically Mounted | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K50 | Mouse: Mionix Naos | Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 770

Micro center always has sales running on intel cpus. Hopefully you live close to one.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

It's cheaper in my area, but the Z170 chipset does have many benefits over X99.

What benefits other than price?

Since when single thread performance matter ? everything is multithreaded.

No, lol

Very few programs are multithreaded

about 99.99% of all games and programs in existence use 4 threads or less

The only things that can use more than 4 threads are

1) servers/virtual machines

2) rendering programs (video rendering, model rendering, fluid rendering, etc)

3) recent high end games (past decade or so)

4) benchmarks

5) miscellaneous stuff like an antivirus or google chrome or whatever

My point is that most of what you use on a daily basis uses 4 cores or less, and a CPU with higher core performance will perform better in any programs that uses 4 threads or less compared to a 5820k of the older ivy bridge generation

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What benefits other than price?

DMI 3.0

PCI-E 3.0

Direct  PCI-E

Better USB 3.1 support

Heterogeneous multi-adapter support

Low power

Generally more motherboard features

Better DDR4 support

Overall stability

Few off the top of my head.

blackshades on