Mass Effect Andromeda gets a new teaser for the N7 day

Bouzoo

And that is not a bad thing, it's just different and gives people more choice. It's not my cup of tea, but it gives more diversity.

The original Shepard was a woman, so there is that.

Hey, i'm not saying it's bad there's a femshep. I love Jeniffer Hale and have exclusively played femsheps. But it just strikes me as odd how they chose Jeniffer to do the VO instead of Mark. Since eventhough humanity might have a 50/50 split, most people def. played male shep over femshep. So they knowingly chose the least favorite version to do the voice-over.

That strikes me as lip-service/pandering to a well known terrori...Social justice movement.

Hey, i'm not saying it's bad there's a femshep. I love Jeniffer Hale and have exclusively played femsheps. But it just strikes me as odd how they chose Jeniffer to do the VO instead of Mark. Since eventhough humanity might have a 50/50 split, most people def. played male shep over femshep. So they knowingly chose the least favorite version to do the voice-over.

That strikes me as lip-service/pandering to a well known terrori...Social justice movement.

Well I don't think it matters which gender was played as more, but more like if the fem shape was supposed t obe the original one, I don't see a reason why not to go with her. I dont' think it was because of them, it's just how it's supposed to be in the beginning.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well I don't think it matters which gender was played as more, but more like if the fem shape was supposed t obe the original one, I don't see a reason why not to go with her. I dont' think it was because of them, it's just how it's supposed to be in the beginning.

Don't know where you get that information from.

Because when ME1 and ME2 were first released it was only the male version that was advertised and default. It was only been in ME3 that they actually advertised with a female Shepard.

Still maintaining the default Shepard as male.

Also according to BioWare, 83% of gamers choose male Shepard.

EDIT:

Have to add that I am happy with either one as well. Had several playthroughs as female Shepard, because that ass ;)

But if we are over-analyzing I would like to know if they are only sticking with the female voice for the trailer and why.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

this means nothing for the original concept... it just means that the first model/animation made was femshep. just worded kinda awkwardly. Its not a good decision to go add more complexity to a new game at the stage where you already have models/animations for your assets. ;)

Well he said she was originally a woman, so maybe in the making she originally was. They never said she was supposed to be male (afaik) at all so who knows what happened, It is unclear a bit from his wording. But we all understand things differently.  :)

Well he said she was originally a woman, so maybe in the making she originally was. They never said she was supposed to be male (afaik) at all so who knows what happened, It is unclear a bit from his wording. But we all understand things differently.  :)

Well from a game dev perspective, you never want to make changes of this magnitude at any stage but planning. So if they already had models, its highly unlikely they made such a change, OR they took an awfully big risk that paid off :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Can't wait for new installment :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Shepard

Also, I hope Bioware isn't pandering to Feminists by having Jennifer being the narrator instead of Mark Meer.

They did release variations on the trailers with both femshep and maleshep for the old games so it might be a similar deal here.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You should start with ME1, then ME2 and then ME3. Because there are choices you make that effects the story and the characters, and the world, around you. I started with ME3 but I really regretted not waiting until I had the other 2 first. It isn't that it ruined the story for me, persay, just that knowing what to do in 1 and 2 because of 3 made it less rewarding in some ways. So for those wondering, I seriously suggest going in order from the first game.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If you got pretty much the highest war readiness rating and went with destroy, the very final scene in the game is someone in N7 armour in London taking a breath, assumed to be Shepard.

In the other endings, he either sacrifices himself to fuse all life, or he controls the Reapers (and takes on their style of voice).

Both of these scenarios result in a galaxy that can rebuild. Destroy results in a galaxy that he won, but is fucked. Which is why they are trying to go to Andromeda.

Commander Shepard is a lady, sir.

Watch videos of ME1 and decide how well will you tolerate it's gameplay and graphics . If it might be too old for you - start with ME2 and catch up with story via ME1 summary vids.

Otherwise , I highly recommend you start with ME1.

Mass Effect 1 is basically an indie game. Too short, a lot of the content is repetitive, etc.

But the speech in the Trailer was never spoken by Shepard throughout the trilogy, hence my assumption it's after the events of 3.

It was commander Shepards send off to them before they left. The ARKCON is a continuity of civilization that was put into place right before Thessia fell. This speech occurred after Thessia but before Priority Earth. The team left through the Ark and all communications were severed from the Milky Way Galaxy so as not to endanger the crew. This crew has no idea that the ME universe beat the Reapers since they have no way of communicating between galaxies

Who doesn't play a game because the graphics aren't modern? ME1, although looking like a late Sega Dreamcast game, is a great game. The series should be played in order...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Who doesn't play a game because the graphics aren't modern? ME1, although looking like a late Sega Dreamcast game, is a great game. The series should be played in order...

its not THAT bad even...

6079-1.jpg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

its not THAT bad even...

6079-1.jpg

I think that goes w/o saying. It may not be Crysis 3, or even ME3, but it certainly looks good enough to play. It's far from cringe or being unplayable.

I think that goes w/o saying. It may not be Crysis 3, or even ME3, but it certainly looks good enough to play. It's far from cringe or being unplayable.

yeah its really not bad. plus you play them for the story. its an RPG ffs... who goes to play RPGs for their amazing graphics...

its not THAT bad even...

6079-1.jpg

True, it isn't. But even if it was, I wouldn't be able to understand how someone could turn down a game that is great because it doesn't look like it came from modern times or from the future...

Mass Effect 1 is basically an indie game. Too short, a lot of the content is repetitive, etc.

The main story content in ME1 is very strong.

The side missions are very weak, you land on so many planets and realize that they have just copy/pasted the same buildings and layouts all over the place with minor variation. Thankfully they rectified that with ME2.

I cannot wait for this. So stoked, also happy N7 day all :P

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

True, it isn't. But even if it was, I wouldn't be able to understand how someone could turn down a game that is great because it doesn't look like it came from modern times or from the future...

I did a play through of ME1 and I probably would not do it again. Not because of the graphics, but because the gameplay and combat is really sub-par and almost a complete 180 of ME2 and 3. It is hard to get used to if you are used to the other games combat style.

I build PCs as a hobby. 

I did a play through of ME1 and I probably would not do it again. Not because of the graphics, but because the gameplay and combat is really sub-par and almost a complete 180 of ME2 and 3. It is hard to get used to if you are used to the other games combat style.

Eh, it wasn't that hard, but I could understand a little bit if it were that reason and not related to graphics.

Truth be told, I actually know few people that prefer the ME1 combat over 2 or 3, and the whole skill based system for that matter. They like it more like an "slowish RPG" than an action shooter.