Graphics Card help

Waterspear65

So I should get the GTX 970 final unless the r9 390 can pull of something amazing because i think 8gb vram is pointless for 1080p. I also wont add insane txt packs so i guess the gtx 970 is the best choice.

So I should get the GTX 970 final unless the r9 390 can pull of something amazing because i think 8gb vram is pointless for 1080p. I also wont add insane txt packs so i guess the gtx 970 is the best choice.

I think a better way of looking at it is you can't go wrong with ether GPU, but the 970 give's you an advantage with Gameworks games. So if like myself you find yourself playing Gameworks games, the 970 becomes a great choice. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

They don't override each other. Each handles a separate part of the game. I really need to get a capture.

Then by all means, do it.

Well if you aren't going crazy with textures the I too don't see a point with that much vram.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Is the gigabyte twin turbo gtx 970 a good option.

I've had a very bad experience with Gigabyte and their warranty coverage, so I would be careful.

I'd recommend a G1.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

There are amd fanboys with Nvidia gpus...

And im not just judging it all off the day one benchmarks, im considering it as a whole.  However, those benchmarks, which you should watch before advising amd gpus on future Fallout 4 rigs, make my advised gpu even easier.

ok.  "fanboy"  seriously how old are you?  8.  posibly 5.  Who goes around calling people fanboys for defending a certain graphics card.  You calling him a fanboy puts you in the same level as 10 yearolds who do it with "console wars".  "Your just a fanboy... The 360 is obviously better then the PS3"  Shut up.

PC SPECS|CPU:Intel I5 4460|Motherboard:Asrock H97 Anniversary|RAM:Crucial Ballistx 16GB sport DDR3 8x2 |GPU:MSI Radeon R7 250X 2gb|Case:rosewell blackhawk |Storage:250GBSSD,500GBHDD,80GBHDD,250GBHDD|PSUs:EVGA 750 B2|Cooling:Stock| https://pcpartpicker.com/user/humankiller/saved/#view=3zzzK8

Which of these would best suit my needs- sapphire nitro r9 390, msi gtx 970 , gigabyte twin turbo gtx 970, msi r9 390 (feel free to suggest anything better)

- 1080p, 1440p in a few years

- 60fps

- high settings

- Texture Packs

- Modding

- new games such as just cause 3, fallout 4,gta v, bo3, rainbow six siege

(I have a 650w seasonic gold psu to go with whichever one) 

Yes, and you wont need 8gb vram and 1080p anytime soon.  Get the 970, enjoy Nvidia Gameworks as well as other Nvidia features like updated driver support, and just have fun most likely knowing you made the right choice for the next few years (it seems like you are a amd fan but just try team green, and yes, i know i cant garentee how the future will be with the 970, but because its a big seller for Nvidia, i would think they will try to keep it safe and useful).

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Which of these would best suit my needs- sapphire nitro r9 390, msi gtx 970 , gigabyte twin turbo gtx 970, msi r9 390 (feel free to suggest anything better)

- 1080p, 1440p in a few years

- 60fps

- high settings

- Texture Packs

- Modding

- new games such as just cause 3, fallout 4,gta v, bo3, rainbow six siege

(I have a 650w seasonic gold psu to go with whichever one) 

If you want to play Fallout 4, read this article. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/11/if-youre-playing-fallout-4-on-pc-youd-better-have-a-nvidia-card/

Sapphire R9 390

Also you are not going to play at max settings @60hz with a 1440p monitor.

Look for a windforce edition if possible or even a G1 gaming one if you most likely will overclock it (the G1).  Gigabyte is known fort heir quiet but great cooling cards.

If you need help or got a question, please ask.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

I will be playing fo4 but i also want better performance in other games as well

The 970 will have an advantage in Gameworks games, the 390 will have an advantage in the rest. So consider the games you're interested in and see if they're Gameworks games. I have a Nitro 390.

I am not sure because I have asked on different forums but I get both gtx 970 and r9 390. Some people say the r9 8gb is very helpful and will be better long term but others say the gtx 3.5gb will be just fine for now and the future as well as things like gameworks.

The 8g of memory is a non issue, as of right now it's not important. The 390 is more powerful and the 970 has better manufacturer support and features. The 970 "might" use a little less power, but that's debatable. They both run the same temperatures. Both won't do well in demanding games and 1440p resolution, and trade blows in how well they try. My advise it buy the one that will play the games you like the best. I bought the strongest card and it has issues playing the games I like. But if I had different taste I'd be happy.

ok.  "fanboy"  seriously how old are you?  8.  posibly 5.  Who goes around calling people fanboys for defending a certain graphics card.  You calling him a fanboy puts you in the same level as 10 yearolds who do it with "console wars".  "Your just a fanboy... The 360 is obviously better then the PS3"  Shut up.

You should know i was mentioning that there are amd fans with Nvidia gpus and not calling him a fanboy.  Now the term "fanboy" is not just used by children on consoles as you will see the term is used by many adults meaning how some people are fans of either Nvidia or Amd and wont accept the fact that the other gpu might be better than their own.

Just realized your new so i will drop it there (the possible argument) but just in the future, dont do what you did (calling people 8, 5, 10 year olds and telling them to shut up).

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada