Wacom announces new Cintiq Tablet

MzCatieB

There's a version of Sketchbook pro available for both Android and iOS, iirc. Sketchbook is usually a bundled software with the other Wacom tablets.

i thought Gimp and Blender would be used on it

Character artist in the Games industry.

There's a version of Sketchbook pro available for both Android and iOS, iirc. Sketchbook is usually a bundled software with the other Wacom tablets.

That does indeed sound possible, me and a friend drew the same conclusion earlier today when we were discussing this as well. It's actually a very competent piece of software, weirdly enough, when there's really not many products out there that can really leverage those features all too well.

Cheers,

Linus

i thought Gimp and Blender would be used on it

Huh, didn't know Gimp had an Android version. That's a possibility too.

Afaik, Blender doesn't have an official Android version.

That does indeed sound possible, me and a friend drew the same conclusion earlier today when we were discussing this as well. It's actually a very competent piece of software, weirdly enough, when there's really not many products out there that can really leverage those features all too well.

Definitely. Obviously nowhere near as feature rich as Corel Painter (the sheer amount of mediums available is insane). Comparing Sketchbook and Photoshop, I'd still say Sketchbook is better due to it being more focused towards painting and sketching.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Huh, didn't know Gimp had an Android version. That's a possibility too.

Afaik, Blender doesn't have an official Android version.

idk about gimp, but i know Blender does now

Wacom announces there First ever Tablet based,

Based on the Wacom Cintiq series it has been designed for the on the go graphics artst

Names the Wacom Cintiq Companion

More here: http://cintiqcompanion.wacom.com/en/

not exactly a massive price point either:

Android version: $1600 for the 32gb model = http://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/DTHA1300H  Companion hybrid

Windows version: $2500 for 512gb model = http://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/DTHW1300H? Companion

all i can say is... "Shut up and take my money"

i was going to tell u about this because i read u were going to buy one  some time ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

idk about gimp, but i know Blender does now

Apparently the Blender game engine is supported, not sure about the entire application itself. Source?

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Apparently the Blender game engine is supported, not sure about the entire application itself. Source?

the game engine is the 3d application.

the game engine is the 3d application.

Hmm, didn't know that. Always thought the Engine was a separate component adding the necessary game engine features aside from actual 3D modeling (at least, that's how the desktop application works). I'll look into that.

Hmm, didn't know that. Always thought the Engine was a separate component adding the necessary game engine features aside from actual 3D modeling (at least, that's how the desktop application works). I'll look into that.

Blender Does 3d moddeling, 3d sculpting, CGI, Video editing, Image editing, Compositing, programming and has a build in game and physics engine.

Honestly its like 10x better than 3ds, maya and Zbrush just cause of how amazingly well intergrated everything is now

Blender Does 3d moddeling, 3d sculpting, CGI, Video editing, Image editing, Compositing, programming and has a build in game and physics engine.

Honestly its like 10x better than 3ds, maya and Zbrush just cause of how amazingly well intergrated everything is now

I'm aware of that, I've experimented with some of its features in the past. Those are all individual components that add towards the whole. Definitely an amazing package considering it's 100% free.

Just wasn't sure if the Game Engine being ported to Android means the entire 3D modeling/sculpting/animating features were also available on Android.

I'm aware of that, I've experimented with some of its features in the past. Those are all individual components that add towards the whole. Definitely an amazing package considering it's 100% free.

Just wasn't sure if the Game Engine being ported to Android means the entire 3D modeling/sculpting/animating features were also available on Android.

yh, the entire blender package is OUTSTANDING it 100% free even for comurcial use.

however i dont 100% know about the andoid thing, id asum the sculpting tool would be effective but the general 3d navigation would be iffy

so it was not for nothing that i spent 1 hour with their stupid study :D

I'm impressed alot better asus eee slate, would be interested in it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

im working to the the Cintiq 24HD touch, but i want to get the Companion hybrid for on the go.... nice $5k to spend lol

cintiq 24hd touch. <3

too bad  i can't use it with chrome os yet.