Blower fans, are they supposed to suck or is mine broken?

littleboats

I got a PNY gtx970 and it has a blower fan on it. I can hear the damn thing going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all the time, it's not an air sound like the processor's cooler does, ir's a mechanical noise. 

Is this something blower fans do or is mine shot?

If it is a bad cooler i'll try to return it to the store.

But if the cooler is supposed to do this i'm gonna take it off and put some other cooler over the heathsink. If i do that, how can i control their speed?

It is supposed to exhaust out the rear of the case. Is the fan spinning?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It's a blower by blowing air through the card's heatsinks to ehaust at the back of the card. You shouldn't feel any air coming from the fan, only the back of the card.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I got a PNY gtx970 and it has a blower fan on it. I can hear the damn thing going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all the time, it's not an air sound like the processor's cooler does, ir's a mechanical noise. 

Is this something blower fans do or is mine shot?

If it is a bad cooler i'll try to return it to the store.

But if the cooler is supposed to do this i'm gonna take it off and put some other cooler over the heathsink. If i do that, how can i control their speed?

I would return the card and get a non-reference GTX 970. Temperatures will be better and more overclocking potential.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you feel warm air coming from the I/O panel of the card, then it should be fine.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Guys, the fan works and cools, but he makes noise, the kind of noise is the subject here, should the fan have a mechanical noise?

It's hard to write a sound, but let's say the sound of a the wind being blown is vooooosh, and the sound of this fan is  brtbrtbrtbrtbrtbrtbr, a kind of mechanical sound. I don't know if its becaus of its design or if the little engine inside is defective.

I also ask about modding the thing with new fans because there is a chance warranty and dealing with the store won't be smooth because it's an online store and consumer care is shitty over here.

Guys, the fan works and cools, but he makes noise, the kind of noise is the subject here, should the fan have a mechanical noise?

It's hard to write a sound, but let's say the sound of a the wind being blown is vooooosh, and the sound of this fan is  brtbrtbrtbrtbrtbrtbr, a kind of mechanical sound. I don't know if its becaus of its design or if the little engine inside is defective.

I also ask about modding the thing with new fans because there is a chance warranty and dealing with the store won't be smooth because it's an online store and consumer care is shitty over here.

The only thing you should be hearing is the whooshing of the air passing through the card; no mechanical noise from the fan.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The only thing you should be hearing is the whooshing of the air passing through the card; no mechanical noise from the fan.

I see...  Bad luck then.

I also bought a coirsair power supply that makes buzzing noises like crazy, but that one i will return for sure.

So, two people say that the fan should only make air flow sounds? Anyone else says so?

Returning the board will take a lot of time and i will be GPUless for all of it, so i have to decide if i have a case for warranty and if modding the thing wouldn't be more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back. Sent the card to maintenance, they did nothing and returned it with a loose screw. The cooler still makes a mechanical noise.

If i open the card up and place one or two coolers on top of the heathsink will it work? I'm done dealing with the sellers.