Why do we need more than 24fps in games...

CyberJesus88

huh? there is nothing wrong with your sentence, but it does not exclude my statement.  

I specifically was referring to a computer that could only produce 24fps due to its performance, as opposed to the same game being played at 24 fps by a computer capable of much higher fps, thus my point was that the game is not unplayable due to the fps but due to the lag of the pc because it is struggling.

What I'm trying to say is that the framerate itself can make a game unplayable at 24fps. A computer that can only get 40 fps on a game is still struggling, but its much much more playable.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

What I'm trying to say is that the framerate itself can make a game unplayable at 24fps. A computer that can only get 40 fps on a game is still struggling, but its much much more playable.

I disagree, The frame rate is dictated by the processing performance of the computer, not the other way around, the frame rate doesn't cause the computer to struggle and thus it doesn't make the game harder to play.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I disagree, The frame rate is dictated by the processing performance of the computer, not the other way around, the frame rate doesn't cause the computer to struggle and thus it doesn't make the game harder to play.

The way I see it is that a computer is always struggling to get the maximum performance, sort of like a computer is always bottlenecked. 

Saying that a computer that can only output 24fps due to hardware limitations is only unplayable because the hardware limitations is like saying that a computer that can only output 40fps due to hardware limitations has the same problem. 

The way I see it is that a computer is always struggling to get the maximum performance, sort of like a computer is always bottlenecked. 

Saying that a computer that can only output 24fps due to hardware limitations is only unplayable because the hardware limitations is like saying that a computer that can only output 40fps due to hardware limitations has the same problem. 

if we are assuming you had two computers both running exactly the same OS and game, one running at maximum managed to get 24 fps and the other was slightly a faster computer and running at it's maximum managed to get 40fps. 

then:

The one that managed 40fps would be easier to play because even though it is running at it's capacity it is still running faster than the computer that can only manage 24fps.

If you took the computer that can produce 40fps and capped the frame rate at 24fps, then the result would be one computer with a game that was easy to play and one that was hard but both would be 24fps.  That is why it is not the frame rate that determines if the game is hard to play but the maximum processing performance of the pc which dictates the fps.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

if we are assuming you had two computers both running exactly the same OS and game, one running at maximum managed to get 24 fps and the other was slightly a faster computer and running at it's maximum managed to get 40fps. 

then:

The one that managed 40fps would be easier to play because even though it is running at it's capacity it is still running faster than the computer that can only manage 24fps.

If you took the computer that can produce 40fps and capped the frame rate at 24fps, then the result would be one computer with a game that was easy to play and one that was hard but both would be 24fps.  That is why it is not the frame rate that determines if the game is hard to play but the maximum processing performance of the pc which dictates the fps.

Then that would be more of a software optimization thing than a hardware thing. 

But low frame rates can make a game harder to play, especially all those lame console ports which cap the framerate. Thank goodness for dsfix and the program that uncaps EDF :D

Then that would be more of a software optimization thing than a hardware thing. 

But low frame rates can make a game harder to play, especially all those lame console ports which cap the framerate. Thank goodness for dsfix and the program that uncaps EDF :D

yes, I believe that's one of the driving benefits to mantle (one big software optimization) . I can't speak for consoles or emulators (I don't use one other than mame and a c64). 

Since I started gaming at 60 fps and didn't watch many movies, I have found it hard to watch movies and especially YouTube videos. The low fps does not look good to me. Also, my friend has a 120 Hz monitor and I have confirmed that I can see a difference between 120 and 60. When I move my mouse cursor quickly across the screen, I don't see a smooth mouse moving, I see many frames of a mouse. This is because I am seeing new information faster than the monitor can refresh. I can also see this on the 120 Hz monitor.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @4.3 GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A RAM: Corsair XMS3 Series 8GB @1600MHz GPU: EVGA 660 ti SC Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache PSU: Corsair CX500

Made this for a reply to my aunts right-field gibborish concerning scientific claims that a certain sytrus fruit is very effective against cancer cells and I thought of this post...

post-42110-0-73882800-1390813375.jpg

Thoroughness rating
#########

Made this for a reply to my aunts right-field gibborish concerning scientific claims that a certain sytrus fruit is very effective against cancer cells and I thought of this post...

attachicon.gifscience zed.jpg

would that be laetril? I think they tried to call it vitamin b17 to make sound more legitimate.

would that be laetril? I think they tried to call it vitamin b17 to make sound more legitimate.

Nope! Ginger... juuust ginger. Nothing special about it at all. Ginger... will cure cancer, apparently...

Thoroughness rating
#########

Nope! Ginger... juuust ginger. Nothing special about it at all. Ginger... will cure cancer, apparently...

Wow, there always something new isn't there, thought I heard it all when they rolled out the apricot kernels a low protein diets.