Building a new PC

MaybeRalph

I mean really I just want something that doesn't have weird inputs on the board, something like if I end up getting a second hard drive, I won't be able to plug it in unless I move something else. As long as everything will make for easy upgrading in the future Im fine. 

Would you possibly be able to add the extra fans for the case? Just want as much cooling/airflow as possible.

Then the second build's mobo should be fine for you. Hang on, let me see what fans to add. 

I mean really I just want something that doesn't have weird inputs on the board, something like if I end up getting a second hard drive, I won't be able to plug it in unless I move something else. As long as everything will make for easy upgrading in the future Im fine. 

Would you possibly be able to add the extra fans for the case? Just want as much cooling/airflow as possible.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($193.49 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($60.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($14.35 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair SP140 49.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($14.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1526.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-03 18:20 EST-0500

I kinda changed the motherboard again...its obviously higher quality being more expensive and it has even more ports available to use. 

Sorry for spamming you, but you can also choose to use a NZXT H440 case as well which I think is a higher quality than the S340.

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($193.49 @ Newegg) 

I kinda changed the motherboard again...its obviously higher quality being more expensive and it has even more ports available to use. 

I think that may be the build I end up using. It seems like it will be easy to upgrade in the coming years, as well as be able to run everything that I want it to run currently. Is it worth it to wait for purchasing and see if any christmas sales come around? or will I end up needing a new Build If I wait?

Sorry for spamming you, but you can also choose to use a NZXT H440 case as well which I think is a higher quality than the S340.

Is it bigger? what is the difference? Im trying to look it up right now.

I think that may be the build I end up using. It seems like it will be easy to upgrade in the coming years, as well as be able to run everything that I want it to run currently. Is it worth it to wait for purchasing and see if any christmas sales come around? or will I end up needing a new Build If I wait?

Is it bigger? what is the difference? Im trying to look it up right now.

Basically, the H440 is a quieter case but the S340 has better air flow. 

Its up to you if you want to build now or wait till christmas.

Basically, the H440 is a quieter case but the S340 has better air flow. 

Its up to you if you want to build now or wait till christmas.

Well, if its the quieter case, and Im getting so many fans regardless so I might as well go with the H440. I might just build now, to be honest. Thanks for your help and Ill for sure let you know when Im done.

Well, if its the quieter case, and Im getting so many fans regardless so I might as well go with the H440. I might just build now, to be honest. Thanks for your help and Ill for sure let you know when Im done.

Cool! Have fun! I would love to see the completed black and red build...

Cool! Have fun! I would love to see the completed black and red build...

Actually, quick question, I said that I wanted to run at 1080P and hopefully upgrade eventually to 2 gaming monitors. Will I be able to run 2 1440p gaming monitors with this setup?

Actually, quick question, I said that I wanted to run at 1080P and hopefully upgrade eventually to 2 gaming monitors. Will I be able to run 2 1440p gaming monitors with this setup?

I'm afraid I don't know. If I had to guess? If some games had some settings toned down slightly or if you overclock the GPU a bit.  

• 1 month later...

Bumping this again with some final updates.

Purchased the GPU, MOBO, and processor already because I got some decentish deals on them. PSU is being purchased off a friend for super cheap. This is my final list of what I am ordering. Take note the SSD/HDD I got for free so if they aren't the best quality thats why.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $210.00) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For $149.99) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (Purchased For $569.99) 

Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case ($159.99 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99) 

Total: $1390.94

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-25 13:59 EST-0500

Im aware that the 850W PSU is probably way overboard but I am getting it for super cheap. Case is exactly what I want, lots of dust filters, good airflow, nice design in my opinion. I plan on saving up to do a Custom Loop eventually so Im sure the PSU and the extra space in the case will be helpful. Will probably add something like a 3TB HDD eventually, and then a new SSD or one of those M.2/PCIE ones if I can afford it in the future.

Let me know if you guys have any constructive criticism or think I should make any changes on the parts I have yet to order.