Fallout 4 PS4 vs PC?

lucky74dog

Should I get Fallout 4 for the PC or PS4? I have a good computer, I can max it easily at 60fps, and I do like pretty graphics, but my brother is already going to buy it for the PS4. I'm saving money for a DSLR, and could really use that $60, but he's a huge fallout nerd, and will likely put 300hrs into this game before I can even touch it. I'm fine playing at 30fps, but mods are something I do want. Anyways, what's your opinion? Should I get it for PC, or just use my brothers copy on the PS4? What platform are you getting it on? Why? 

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Get it on PC from GreenManGaming, use one of their coupons. They have it for 2-% off right now. I got mine for $45 when it was announced.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

If you have two people that want to play the game religiously then I assume you should get it for PC. Also another option is how fast you can make 60$ back. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

PC because LOOK at skyrim people are STILL making mods for that game for PC and it is much better but on consoles it sucks  

Well, PC.

IMO there is not question about it hearing your story.

If you are not going to be able to touch it after 300 hours of your brother playing it, you should buy it yourself. I you want to do proper modding, go for the PC version.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If youre ok with playing the game at very few times (beacuse of your brother) Id suggest getting It for the PC.

PC because LOOK at skyrim people are STILL making mods for that game for PC and it is much better but on consoles it sucks  

Shit people are still making mods for Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Picked my copy up for PC for $30 on GMG awhile ago.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Picked my copy up for PC for $30 on GMG awhile ago.

I was gonna use the 50% coupon but I didn't want to cancel my 25% off coupon because I wasn't sure if the code was still working.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

The 300hr thing was a bit of an exaggeration, but yeah, PC seems to be the way to go. Thanks guys!

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Oh shit! I just glanced to the left where there was a link to the wan show and I have the same Hot Dog costume as linus! Ha!

Should I get Fallout 4 for the PC or PS4? I have a good computer, I can max it easily at 60fps, and I do like pretty graphics, but my brother is already going to buy it for the PS4. I'm saving money for a DSLR, and could really use that $60, but he's a huge fallout nerd, and will likely put 300hrs into this game before I can even touch it. I'm fine playing at 30fps, but mods are something I do want. Anyways, what's your opinion? Should I get it for PC, or just use my brothers copy on the PS4? What platform are you getting it on? Why? 

Play your Brothers copy for a day, see if you even like it, then buy it on PC because you have interests in mods, but mods wont show up for a while, there wont be any mods the first week (that doesn't suck)

PC of course. Better Graphics, better Controlles, Mods.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO