WB games taking full refunds until the end of 2015 for Arkham Knight

Lightning

If steam hadn't of implemented refunds would WB have offered this?

Personally I'd say no so really it should be well played steam but still WB do deserve some credit. You could argue it should be working to start off with but no one is perfect so

Especially when they intentionally devote comparatively (and actually) very little time/resources at pc optimization. 

With that said, I feel like they would still have offered refunds, or at the very least offered a other games as compensation (like what Ubisoft did with ACU). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This will apply nicely to Fallout 4. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

if I had to choose between never getting to play it and playing it in the state it's in now (or back in August), I'd still rather be able to play it. It's a great game that just doesn't runs poorly, but if you have the hardware to push it, then it's fine. 

And if I had to choose between starving to death and eating shit, I'm sure I'd learn to love it. Irrelevant however that doesn't makes it well, not shit. There's other games and if they weren't it still wouldn't make it a good idea. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

strange how every gameworks games released this year has had the craziest flaws or where broken messes, makes me worried for fallout (adding the fact that it's a bethesda game)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Especially when they intentionally devote comparatively (and actually) very little time/resources at pc optimization. 

With that said, I feel like they would still have offered refunds, or at the very least offered a other games as compensation (like what Ubisoft did with ACU). 

They did offer both refunds and game compensation to anyone that still holding to the game.

As an added bonus for those who purchase the game, WB is offering free digital copies of the entire series so far: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins: Blackgate. To redeem these games, players must buy Arkham Knight by November 16, 2015. The titles will be added to users’ libraries sometime in December.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/28/batman-arkham-knight-returns-to-steam-offers-free-games-and-team-fortress-2-content/

They did offer both refunds and game compensation to anyone that still holding to the game.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/28/batman-arkham-knight-returns-to-steam-offers-free-games-and-team-fortress-2-content/

Read the post I was responding to. 

If steam hadn't of implemented refunds would WB have offered this?

Personally I'd say no so really it should be well played steam but still WB do deserve some credit. You could argue it should be working to start off with but no one is perfect so

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

HAHA, PC IS SHIT! PS4 MASTER RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

jk.

I can't believe they fucked up again after they had all this time to work on it.... I know from experience that bugs and problems are always gonna pop up in games and it isn't always easy to fix them because when you do, something else breaks. I don't understand why they didn't just delay it :S

What if you got it from a promo(Still steam game), like for example free from buying a 980ti. Are you up for the refund too?

Hmm quite sad. Maybe this means the game is broken at a more fundamental level... If they couldn't optimize it in four months. The fact that they still couldn't figure out the open world streaming tech is also surprising.

What if you got it from a promo(Still steam game), like for example free from buying a 980ti. Are you up for the refund too?

Hmm I don't think the steam store can refund something which you haven't paid for on the steam store. You didn't give them money so there is no transaction to refund as far as Valve is concerned.

This is why you don't port your game to 10-man crew when you can afford better developers. Cheap bastards want all the profit without rethinking it's possible consequences. Thank God for steam refunds, I don't think anybody could get away with this kind of shitstorm again.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Good on them. 

Also, seriously Why the hell are there so many fireworks tonight, bonfire night's not until another week yet...

Fireworks will be in relation to the rugby world cup which just ended.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

It's good they're offering full refunds yes, but I hope we don't see unfinished and unoptimized games from any developer in future. Like really, there were some broken games and stuff beyond understanding how it could've been released as 1.0 game. I was questioning did they test and or play games when they went and released them.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

It's good they're offering full refunds yes, but I hope we don't see unfinished and unoptimized games from any developer in future. Like really, there were some broken games and stuff beyond understanding how it could've been released as 1.0 game. I was questioning did they test and or play games when they went and released them.

2014 was a bad year and after that most of the developers got the message.

2015 was much, much better. Arkham Knight was an outlier (there will always be the odd turd).

Steam refunds is a game changer too obviously... nobody wants to be giving back money to customers in bulk as we have seen, devs will know that it is more profitable to wait until the game is in good shape rather than releasing early and then having 40% of your customers getting their money back from you (doesn't make business sense).

wtf am i going to do if i bought it from g2a?

You're going to suck it up and enjoy your game

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Linus called me out on WAN show, I guess he took my message wrong.

So yea it is still broken in some areas for most people (I get an average 80fps with everything Maxed out), mainly around the buisness district with drops for me to around 25fps.

Also to elaborate, offering all the Arkham Games to the Day 0 buyers is a slap in the face, People like me are dedicated and didnt refund to show support to WB, would most likely have all 4 Arkham Games already, these are the people who were submiting bug reports and doing more than complaining and posting middle fingers.

Edited by Guest

Also to elaborate, offering all the Arkham Games to the Day 0 buyers is a slap in the face, People like me are dedicated and didnt refund to show support to WB, would most likely have all 4 Arkham Games already, these are the people who were submiting bug reports and doing more than complaining and posting middle fingers.

i'm one of those and what they are doing is pissing me off so much

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

@Meganubis. What did you say to Linus on WAN?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

A couple of news sites also quoted the devs saying, "Parts of the game cannot be fixed"...

Correct me if I am wrong but this has to be the worst developed AAA game, all other games that had a rough launch got patched to the point where they are playable, but stating parts of the game cannot be fixed. Now that is extremely bad.

Pleased to hear they are offering refunds, but refunding customers, paying staff, paying for advertising, they are down a lot of money and that is going to F**K their bank balance. 

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

the game is not even that bad, it's the nvidia gameworks features that plummet your FPS to the ground like that...turn them off and you'll get good framerates if you have a good PC i played the entire game on a single GTX 780 @ 1440p without issues so it's alright.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

the game is not even that bad, it's the nvidia gameworks features that plummet your FPS to the ground like that...turn them off and you'll get good framerates if you have a good PC i played the entire game on a single GTX 780 @ 1440p without issues so it's alright.

I turned off Gameworks and its still giving me shit results. Its not the same for everybody.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I turned off Gameworks and its still giving me shit results. Its not the same for everybody.

980ti at 1080p and you can't get a solid 60/80FPS without gameworks features?

do you own up to date legit version of the game or a crap pirate copy?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

980ti at 1080p and you can't get a solid 60/80FPS without gameworks features?

do you own up to date legit version of the game or a crap pirate copy?

Why do you assume I pirate games? Anyways, I got it when I got my 980 Ti fron nVidia. I didn't pay a dime for it so it doesn't really matter in the end. Just saying for me it is a shit-show.

@Meganubis. What did you say to Linus on WAN?

That the game is still broken and they are giving people games they probably own