Who will be the next Market leader [Discussion][Phones]

SSOB

As wel all know Samsung Mobile is the current leader in the Mobile Phone market , it hasn't always been this way because as we may know or not know the last market leader was Apple with their iPhone. Now what do you personally think will be the next market leader when it comes to phones , for me either HTC or Sony. Many of you understand the HTC one becuause it's a rather ''perfect'' phone in all specs except for the battery life ( And considiably the camera could be improved to ). But the sony part may seem very strange to some. But why Sony you may ask ? Well i feel like the software they release on smartphones is just stable and good , to me it feels like an iPhone ( Well not really like that of course ) The software is just so optimized and stable. Also their design is really nice IMO if you ever held a Sony phone you know what im talking about. But the main big thing why i think sony could possibly take the place of samsung is the Upcoming Sony honami , i feel like sony has learnt from all it's faults and is going to build an amazing phone , if you look close all the Current Xperia phones have something that is unique to the competition , the problem is that none of the phones are ''completed'' if you will. The xperia Z is an excellent phone with its main feature being the design and the Water/Dust resistancy , the big problem with this one is that the screen is bad. The Xperia L for example has excelent battary life and a good screen (Of course not on par with the S4 / HTC one but it;s getiing there , and also remember this phone is 300$) Is you combine everything from the stability to the water resistancy to the deisgn you will get an awesome phone and i feel like the honami is the one to get alot of current iOS users to the android side . If sony can take some market share from apple and some market share from the other companies than it could possibly the next market leader. Have in mind that i did Exclude the Ubuntu phone that will be released because i believe the kickstarter is not going to make it and the phone will be a fiasco ( Or either a win but that chance is just so small).

Well i hope you liked this rather long 'verdict' and now it's up to you guys to discuss this.

Cheers!

Interested in Business and Technology

No matter how much I like it I think Huawei is going to atleast take a big market share in Europe. They are currently advertising very heavily and does offer decent smarphones at a decent price point. They have also shown that they can take big market shares in Asia, so why would Europe be any different. They have also begun to expand to the US and Canada in a more affressive way then before.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I would say it's too soon as companies that haven't made phones are starting to put stuff out on the market and your going to see the last stand of blackberry and the emergence of tizen, swordfish, and ubuntu. 

i thinks sony to, i have the xperia z and it's the best phone i've ever used

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Honestly, I think HTC is going to be the next leader.

Don't get me wrong, Sony makes great looking phones, but their devices always seem to lacking in the hardware department. Either the camera is a huge disappointment, the screen is terrible, or the internals are slightly dated.

If Sony fixes their hardware problems, they could very well be the next leader.

Either way, whoever takes the throne next is going to have their work cut out for them.

No matter how much I like it I think Huawei is going to atleast take a big market share in Europe. They are currently advertising very heavily and does offer decent smarphones at a decent price point. They have also shown that they can take big market shares in Asia, so why would Europe be any different. They have also begun to expand to the US and Canada in a more affressive way then before.

I was thinking about this however Huawei has major problems in their retail system at the moment , they are not ready at all for the european market and won't be for another few years , possibly they will be the biggest in 5+ years but for now i don't see it happening.

Honestly, I think HTC is going to be the next leader.

Don't get me wrong, Sony makes great looking phones, but their devices always seem to lacking in the hardware department. Either the camera is a huge disappointment, the screen is terrible, or the internals are slightly dated.

If Sony fixes their hardware problems, they could very well be the next leader.

Either way, whoever takes the throne next is going to have their work cut out for them.

I also agree with this. If you read the beginning post you know i am thinking of either HTC / Sony but sony has a way better chance IMO

I was thinking about this however Huawei has major problems in their retail system at the moment , they are not ready at all for the european market and won't be for another few years , possibly they will be the biggest in 5+ years but for now i don't see it happening.

You do have a point, but I said that they would be gone from the European market back in 2009, after I tested their first phone. It was the biggest pile of unusable junk I have ever used, but they have upped their game so much over the last couple of years that it wouldn't surprise me if they got a big market share. 

I also agree with this. If you read the beginning post you know i am thinking of either HTC / Sony but sony has a way better chance IMO

I did read it, but I still do think HTC is closer to the top than Sony.

With the release of the One, I think HTC took a step in the right direction. Sony still has quite the distance to go.

I mean, comparing each company's flagship phone to the leader's (the Galaxy S4), the HTC One seems more of a competitor than the Xperia Z, although the latter was released some time before.

You do have a point, but I said that they would be gone from the European market back in 2009, after I tested their first phone. It was the biggest pile of unusable junk I have ever used, but they have upped their game so much over the last couple of years that it wouldn't surprise me if they got a big market share. 

I honestly don't see it happening but if that's your opinion on it fair enough.

I did read it, but I still do think HTC is closer to the top than Sony.

With the release of the One, I think HTC took a step in the right direction. Sony still has quite the distance to go.

I mean, comparing each company's flagship phone to the leader's (the Galaxy S4), the HTC One seems more of a competitor than the Xperia Z, although the latter was released some time before.

In the low end sony is making some big progress , i am currently using an Xperia L ( I will wait for the Honami / Next gen Xperia Z and get that ASAP)and i got to say it's  the best phone i used for the price. So responsie and i feel like the OS is super optimized as it is running only a 1GHZ Dual core i honestly can't feel any slowness in the OS whatsoever. Also the camera is great it has some software issues with softness BUT there was released a small fix for it and it looks really sharp for a 250EUR phone. Also the screen , i really like the screen , and the sound is also really loud and good ( Not on par with the HTC one of course but that is like 300 more euros and that's a huge difference ) I feel like if sony boosts al these things the outcome would be amazing.

I honestly don't see it happening but if that's your opinion on it fair enough.

I can't really see it happen either, but the Chinese seems to have a way to make things happen. But you are 100% correct when you say that they have a big obstacle in getting into the retail market.

I can't really see it happen either, but the Chinese seems to have a way to make things happen. But you are 100% correct when you say that they have a big obstacle in getting into the retail market.

We'll see

In the low end sony is making some big progress , i am currently using an Xperia L ( I will wait for the Honami / Next gen Xperia Z and get that ASAP)and i got to say it's  the best phone i used for the price. So responsie and i feel like the OS is super optimized as it is running only a 1GHZ Dual core i honestly can't feel any slowness in the OS whatsoever. Also the camera is great it has some software issues with softness BUT there was released a small fix for it and it looks really sharp for a 250EUR phone. Also the screen , i really like the screen , and the sound is also really loud and good ( Not on par with the HTC one of course but that is like 300 more euros and that's a huge difference ) I feel like if sony boosts al these things the outcome would be amazing.

Ah, yes. You do have a point there. Sony is doing quite well in that category indeed. So then maybe Sony and HTC are in similar positions.

I guess it will depend on how the market changes. Would more people be leaning towards high end devices, or budget devices?

Assuming Samsung cannot be the next leader because they are the current leader, i hope LG makes it to the top. The Optimus G2 looks interesting and I have yet to try an LG flavor of Android but from the looks of it, the button placement does not fit my favorite positions. I like to have a menu button on the left, Home in the middle and back on the right. And an SD card slot will be good and a replaceable battery.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5