G2A.com

maxdom

A lot of people including myself on this forum have probably used G2A.com and found it extremely usefull.

But I was wondering how games like The Witcher 3 only cost 23 euros on G2A and 60 euros on GOG.

I simply dont get how G2A sells legal copies of games for more than half the price of the original retailer.

Let me know if you know the answer because i'd really like to know.

Simple - they aren't all legal - each time you buy from G2A you screw over people who can't afford the game to begin with - it takes copies from 3rd world countries where prices are lower and resells at a profit. It's disgusting to be buying a game off of there if you can comfortably afford it on Steam or GoG.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Codes are bought in countries where prices are cheap, some stuff is bought during sales, some are stolen from hacked accounts, and so forth.

Also some codes are from various gpu sales, and people sell them on there.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Legal is a term that doesn't apply to g2a. As everyone said before, games are bought from a country where their price is low, then sold at a profit. Or if you buy something like windows, there is a really high chance you are buying a key that you can get from pirating windows. 

I guess it is too good to be true for it to be completely harmless....

Well thanks for the  quick replies! 

During the last sale of Arma 3 on Steam I bought 10 copies of the extended version for €29.99, they are now back at €59.99. I'm selling them on G2A for €44 now. Profit.

Fun fact: some people bet in game items profit, sell the items, buy games and sell them as gifts on g2a to transfer the steam cash into real cash.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Does this apply for CDKeys.com?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Simple - they aren't all legal - each time you buy from G2A you screw over people who can't afford the game to begin with - it takes copies from 3rd world countries where prices are lower and resells at a profit. It's disgusting to be buying a game off of there if you can comfortably afford it on Steam or GoG.

Surely buying it from 3rd world countries boosts their economy.

G2A gets copies of games from india and sells it abroad

prices in india ( flipkart.com amazon.in )

witcher 3 - 15$

fallout 4 -46$

rainbow siege six -21$

mad max -15$

That's legal and makes their eveonomy better

Surely buying it from 3rd world countries boosts their economy.

It hurts games in those countries because they have their prices raised to avoid this.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Darn shame I cannot afford these games. ( Actually cannnot lol )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It hurts games in those countries because they have their prices raised to avoid this.

They wouldn't raise their prices because people are actually buying from them. If it's in a 3rd world country, not many people in that country would be buying it, so G2A is just helping them. They wouldn't increase their prices as then they'd have a low amount of buyers. I honestly fail to see your point.

They wouldn't raise their prices because people are actually buying from them. If it's in a 3rd world country, not many people in that country would be buying it, so G2A is just helping them. They wouldn't increase their prices as then they'd have a low amount of buyers. I honestly fail to see your point.

I see your point dou ;)

You know that people there aren't buying the games anyway, right? There's nothing wrong with re-selling legally obtained keys.

There's a problem with copies bought with, say, stolen credit cards, but that hasn't happened for a while.

I buy most of my games now on G2A. Only AAA titles, mostly, or titles that are really old so the developer won't make any money from the purchase, only Steam. I won't buy indie titles there, I want to support those developers, but I don't give a shit if EA or Activision loses $0 on my purchase but gains $0.

I used to be quite active here.

I think he's hating on the site (only for the purpose of) to hate on it.

I used to be quite active here.

Darn shame I cannot afford these games. ( Actually cannnot lol )

I can't afford a lot of games so I save up and buy bulk on steam sales. At least I can feel like an honest man.

Those keys are intended for people who can't afford a 60$ game. When you make 10 times the amount that person makes in a month, it's just not fair for you to be getting his key.

I can't afford a lot of games so I save up and buy bulk on steam sales. At least I can feel like an honest man.

Those keys are intended for people who can't afford a 60$ game. When you make 10 times the amount that person makes in a month, it's just not fair for you to be getting his key.

But your point is that it's somehow hurting them, when it's boosting their economy. Your arguments are completely invalid.

But your point is that it's somehow hurting them, when it's boosting their economy. Your arguments are completely invalid.

A lot of these keys are bought from retail stores - where stocks run out - most 3rd world countries don't have other means of acquiring cheap games - we have those here too - and half the games on steam aren't available because of a shortage of keys.

Saving up is not so easy for me. $40 a month and at this point 90% of the money I get goes into savings for some pc parts. I am not ashamed of buying Shadow of Mordor for $9, I payed for GTA V full price and got $100 shark card ( $50 was won from a giveaway and I did one of those download games and watch ads for like 4 months to get another lol ) When I get it on PC, not paying full again. If you got it on PS3, PS4, or on last and current gen. Should,of gotten like half off. Also, $40 a month... Kindda hard to get $60 for a new game. Probs buy Fallout 4 for,full price.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Saving up is not so easy for me. $40 a month and at this point 90% of the money I get goes into savings for some pc parts. I am not ashamed of buying Shadow of Mordor for $9, I payed for GTA V full price and got $100 shark card ( $50 was won from a giveaway and I did one of those download games and watch ads for like 4 months to get another lol ) When I get it on PC, not paying full again. If you got it on PS3, PS4, or on last and current gen. Should,of gotten like half off. Also, $40 a month... Kindda hard to get $60 for a new game. Probs buy Fallout 4 for,full price.

My income currently is 20$ per month - I just don't spend it and when steam sales come round I have enough for 5-8 games.