G2A.com

maxdom

My income currently is 20$ per month - I just don't spend it and when steam sales come round I have enough for 5-8 games.

I find that usually Steam sales are cheaper than G2a, I usually wait for Steam sales instead. But, why wait a few months to buy Fallout 3 GOTY when it's $8.32 on G2a??

Saving up is not so easy for me. $40 a month and at this point 90% of the money I get goes into savings for some pc parts. I am not ashamed of buying Shadow of Mordor for $9, I payed for GTA V full price and got $100 shark card ( $50 was won from a giveaway and I did one of those download games and watch ads for like 4 months to get another lol ) When I get it on PC, not paying full again. If you got it on PS3, PS4, or on last and current gen. Should,of gotten like half off. Also, $40 a month... Kindda hard to get $60 for a new game. Probs buy Fallout 4 for,full price.

I'm in the same boat as you. Last game I bought full price was Titanfall for the PC, so you could see why that was a mistake.

I used to be quite active here.

I find that usually Steam sales are cheaper than G2a, I usually wait for Steam sales instead. But, why wait a few months to buy Fallout 3 GOTY when it's $8.32 on G2a??

I'm in the same boat as you. Last game I bought full price was Titanfall for the PC, so you could see why that was a mistake.

Because for me personally it's more about dignity. I can get it cheap on a steam sale, I don't have to resort to grey market key resellers like G2A.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Because for me personally it's more about dignity. I can get it cheap on a steam sale, I don't have to resort to grey market key resellers like G2A.

Dignity? It's buying games on the internet. I can assure you that a total of 0 people ever care about where you buy your games.

Simple - they aren't all legal - each time you buy from G2A you screw over people who can't afford the game to begin with - it takes copies from 3rd world countries where prices are lower and resells at a profit. It's disgusting to be buying a game off of there if you can comfortably afford it on Steam or GoG.

Well, here's how I see it.  It reminds of that commercial where it says "Would you like this flavor of ice cream for 5$ or the same one for 3$?"  Just because these people may be in a bad situation doesn't mean we shouldn't be buying these games.  Should I feel bad I have a large house while people in Haiti have none? No, I shouldn't be because I have the ability to own one.  I do things constantly to help out so I don't think buying from G2A is bad, hell I just I pre-ordered Dark Souls III from them last night and I bought Grid.  The point is, why pay more for something that's cheaper it's ridiculous.  Oh and for your information, it's not just 3rd world countries, I bought Grid from an American seller as well as Witcher 3.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Dignity? It's buying games on the internet. I can assure you that a total of 0 people ever care about where you buy your games.

Quite a few people have had their keys revoked after a while. There are stolen keys. Devs sometimes take action.

As for dignity, if you feel okay about it then by all means go about doing it. I don't feel okay with it so I don't do it. personal preference.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

A lot of people including myself on this forum have probably used G2A.com and found it extremely usefull.

But I was wondering how games like The Witcher 3 only cost 23 euros on G2A and 60 euros on GOG.

I simply dont get how G2A sells legal copies of games for more than half the price of the original retailer.

Let me know if you know the answer because i'd really like to know.

I use G2A all the time and haven't run into any issues.

They're kind of the FunnyJunk of game keys, as soon as shady shit goes on, they'll throw up their hands and say, "It's not us! It's out users! We're not liable!"

Context: http://theoatmeal.com/blog/funnyjunk

There seems to be a bit of debate about how users source their keys, but saying a shortage of keys is a bit silly because there IS no shortage of keys. You can make as many keys as you damn well please. 

If anyone has a link to show proof of shady shit happening at G2A, I'd be more than happy to read it.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I use G2A all the time and haven't run into any issues.

They're kind of the FunnyJunk of game keys, as soon as shady shit goes on, they'll throw up their hands and say, "It's not us! It's out users! We're not liable!"

Context: http://theoatmeal.com/blog/funnyjunk

There seems to be a bit of debate about how users source their keys, but saying a shortage of keys is a bit silly because there IS no shortage of keys. You can make as many keys as you damn well please. 

If anyone has a link to show proof of shady shit happening at G2A, I'd be more than happy to read it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-28-deactivated-ubisoft-game-keys-bought-from-eas-origin-using-stolen-credit-cards

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006693/the-truth-behind-those-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/71106743?page=3

Quite a few people have had their keys revoked after a while. There are stolen keys. Devs sometimes take action.

As for dignity, if you feel okay about it then by all means go about doing it. I don't feel okay with it so I don't do it. personal preference.

Only Ubisoft has revoked keys, and over 50% of the keys they revoked were bought on G2a, but legally, not the copies that were obtained illegally then sold on G2a.

Ubisoft even reinstated some keys, and publicly apologized.

I use G2a SHIELD for any big game purchases. If my key doesn't work, or if it's taken away, I get a new key! It's great.

Simple - they aren't all legal - each time you buy from G2A you screw over people who can't afford the game to begin with - it takes copies from 3rd world countries where prices are lower and resells at a profit. It's disgusting to be buying a game off of there if you can comfortably afford it on Steam or GoG.

So disgusting... so disgusting.. so overreacting...

Those are all G2a sellers doing shady stuff, G2a sells all keys, not just legal ones. Do you think they ask where they come from? (Hint: it's no.)

G2a is like eBay, on eBay you can sell illegal stuff. Nobody knows it's stolen until they get it taken away, then they blame eBay for some reason.

Makes no sense, right? Exactly.

Those are all G2a sellers doing shady stuff, G2a sells all keys, not just legal ones. Do you think they ask where they come from? (Hint: it's no.)

G2a is like eBay, on eBay you can sell illegal stuff. Nobody knows it's stolen until they get it taken away, then they blame eBay for some reason.

Makes no sense, right? Exactly.

I don't blame eBay or G2A - I blame the users who buy from them.

I don't blame eBay or G2A - I blame the users who buy from them.

THE USERS? Do you know how laws work? Any idea?!?! The buyers are the last people you blame. They don't know it's stolen, the seller does, and it's their fault. Not the marketplace, not the buyer, the seller and only the seller. You need some learning.

Also, same with eBay. They sell everything as long as it's legal to sell. They don't ask "Is this stolen?" before selling it, that would be stupid. The buyer is innocent, so is eBay, but the seller would be prosecuted if he was caught. You don't get it.

Software isn't a finite resource, there's no reason why people in poor countries can't buy the games just because G2A came along and bought a load of keys - all they need is to just generate more keys. Either way the companies get business in those countries, and people can still buy games on the cheap - because there's no shortage of product. It's software. You're selling a mathematical construct of 1s and 0s that is instantly replicable on demand in any quantity.

Did not except such a discussion, great!