Computer keeps turning on and off

Guys please help me. My pc that I has been perfect for about a month and a half just started acting wierd today. Whenever I turn it on the fans and and beeps will go off as usual for intial start up, but only for about a second or so then turn off. Thus process repeat over and over. Everything should be seated correctly right? It has been great until now, and all power connectors are in and there should be no reason vcard or ram or cpu is seated incorrectly. Is it a dead psu? I called asus and taking out the Mb battery did the help. My specs should be in my profile but if not

Intel 4790k

Corsair ax760i

Hyperx 1866 2x8 ddr3

Msi r9 390

Samsung 120gb 850evo

Wd blue 1tb

Asus sabertooth z97 mark2

Thanks,

Pmanftw

Virus or there is something wrong with electricity i guess 

Neither. This happens when the computer is unable to complete POST (Power on Self Test). You either have something loose that needs to be reseated or you have a bad component. Try unplugging anything that is unnecessary to focus on the problem.

EDIT: A bios can't have a virus, and also, the psu would probably not turn on in the case of bad electricity.

My native language is C++

Take out the GPU. Does it work fine now?

nope still doing the same thing.

nope still doing the same thing.

Well OK, the beep just sounds like a motherboard setting up beep. I have the option to turn this off/on in my BIOS and it's off by default. If you took out the CMOS battery and it stopped doing that then there's a good chance you just need to tinker around with your BIOS. Also, your fans freaking out on boot for a couple seconds is normal. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well OK, the beep just sounds like a motherboard setting up beep. I have the option to turn this off/on in my BIOS and it's off by default. If you took out the CMOS battery and it stopped doing that then there's a good chance you just need to tinker around with your BIOS. Also, your fans freaking out on boot for a couple seconds is normal.

yes it is normal, but my computer will not fully turn on for me to get into the bios. My comp on startup always has the fans go full speed for a couple seconds but this time the computer will not start after that, just repeats this process.

yes it is normal, but my computer will not fully turn on for me to get into the bios. My comp on startup always has the fans go full speed for a couple seconds but this time the computer will not start after that, just repeats this process.

Hmm, honestly I'm not sure what's going on. I'll call in @ionbasa, maybe he'll know?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hmm, honestly I'm not sure what's going on. I'll call in @ionbasa, maybe he'll know?

hopefully please, I spent my entire summer savings on this computer and now I'm out of a job.

Try with a different PSU. I don't know why, but as of late both Corsair and EVGA PSUs are starting to have flaky quality (i believe they come from the same OEM).

Have you tried re-seating all your PSU cables, RAM, etc?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

ive encountered this sometimes ago. it started when i took out the CPU cooler and re-paste it with thermal. turn out my cooler wasn't in contact with the processor. i had to reapply the paste and put it back on. but im not sure i am any help in your case. just pointing out a factor. 

ive encountered this sometimes ago. it started when i took out the CPU cooler and re-paste it with thermal. turn out my cooler wasn't in contact with the processor. i had to reapply the paste and put it back on. but im not sure i am any help in your case. just pointing out a factor.

I will check it out. Thanks

Try with a different PSU. I don't know why, but as of late both Corsair and EVGA PSUs are starting to have flaky quality (i believe they come from the same OEM).

Have you tried re-seating all your PSU cables, RAM, etc?

I took my psu in for a check up to confirm that that was what giving me problems. Later this week I'm just gonna take apart my whole comp and reseat everything.

Might sound stupid, but what monitor and what cable are you using?

My computer had exactly the same problem when using an old DisplayPort cable and G-Sync monitor (something about requiring power to the cable which the computer can't supply). Remove the cable before start up and it starts perfectly each time.

Forgive the video, there's something wrong with the playback (well for me there is)....I stumped every Corsair rep with that one and I knew they wouldn't believe me without proof.

There is probably an underlying issue here, but since swapping DP cable, I haven't experienced this issue any more.

"If it doesn't move, you didn't hit it hard enough with a hammer"

Might sound stupid, but what monitor and what cable are you using?

My computer had exactly the same problem when using an old DisplayPort cable and G-Sync monitor (something about requiring power to the cable which the computer can't supply). Remove the cable before start up and it starts perfectly each time.

Forgive the video, there's something wrong with the playback (well for me there is)....I stumped every Corsair rep with that one and I knew they wouldn't believe me without proof.

There is probably an underlying issue here, but since swapping DP cable, I haven't experienced this issue any more.

i was wondering that, but the issue still occurs when there is no display or even graphics card

i was wondering that, but the issue still occurs when there is no display or even graphics card

Worth a shot, seemed a strange solution to my problem and it sounded like you was experiencing something extremely similar.

You've said you've reseated everything, but have you tried running a skeleton system (another member mentioned it, but I can't see a direct reply if you had or not)?

This PSU has a self test button, have you tried it? Unplug every cable and keep the button pressed, it should run some sort of sequence to determine if it's working properly.

Other than that, RMA it, IIRC these units have a 7 year warranty?

"If it doesn't move, you didn't hit it hard enough with a hammer"

Neither. This happens when the computer is unable to complete POST (Power on Self Test). You either have something loose that needs to be reseated or you have a bad component. Try unplugging anything that is unnecessary to focus on the problem.

EDIT: A bios can't have a virus, and also, the psu would probably not turn on in the case of bad electricity.

Ever heard of a Rootkit my friend? Linus did a video on them by the way and yes they can infect your BIOS! https://youtu.be/0LvF0KtBWxY

Worth a shot, seemed a strange solution to my problem and it sounded like you was experiencing something extremely similar.

You've said you've reseated everything, but have you tried running a skeleton system (another member mentioned it, but I can't see a direct reply if you had or not)?

This PSU has a self test button, have you tried it? Unplug every cable and keep the button pressed, it should run some sort of sequence to determine if it's working properly.

Other than that, RMA it, IIRC these units have a 7 year warranty?

yea hopefully it's my power supply... But what is a skeleton system?

Edit: I have run the self test and seems fine but still got it checked because it was for free. I don't use display port but I'll try a different Hamilton cable.