Even more bad news for popcorn time

CtW

I see you have no conscience, ok then.

I didn't say it is ethical, just not stealing. Also, why should I feel bad if the only other way to enjoy a movie is to buy an overpriced copy-protected as fuck  blu-ray disk?

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I hate to be that guy, but piracy is NOT STEALING!

When you pirate something, the orginal is not taken away, so it's not stealing, it's copying.

https://torrentfreak.com/piracy-is-not-theft-111104/

When there are clear and obvious copyrights/trademarks and license agreements embedded in a piece of software that say unauthorized copying is punishable under federal law, yes it is stealing.

The original makers of that software are selling said software to make a profit. If copying wasn't stealing, we wouldn't have the applications that we do today because no one would make such applications that we have, including and not limited to video games and digital art.

You have open source software, you have other free stuff, so go use the free stuff that aren't tied to license agreements that are flat out saying unauthorized redistributing the software is illegal.

Stop hiding behind the retarded "COPYING ISN'T STEALING SINCE THE ORIGINAL IS STILL THERE". Weakest argument ever, plebs.

When there are clear and obvious copyrights/trademarks and license agreements embedded in a piece of software that say unauthorized copying is punishable under federal law, yes it is stealing.

The original makers of that software are selling said software to make a profit. If copying wasn't stealing, we wouldn't have the applications that we do today because no one would make such applications that we have, including and not limited to video games and digital art.

You have open source software, you have other free stuff, so go use the free stuff that aren't tied to license agreements that are flat out saying unauthorized redistributing the software is illegal.

Stop hiding behind the retarded "COPYING ISN'T STEALING SINCE THE ORIGINAL IS STILL THERE". Weakest argument ever, plebs.

Copyright was about having laws against plagiarism and making monetary gains off of someone else's work. Filesharing is neither; though it could potentially be used for the latter, but the overwhelming majority of the time is not. You can't steal a copy you just made or else making a copy in a printer is stealing, or using 3D printers is stealing, or simply hand copying books, or recording songs off the radio would be stealing also, and this has never been the case. Take the bible for instance. People had to handcopy each writing. But with how stealing is redefined, it would be considered stealing. That is what this is really about. Corporations are not making the same money because people are able to get the stuff for free, so they have lobbists persuade law makers into redefining the word theft so they can claim filesharing is stealing and you have some people stupid enough to use this useless tautology.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Oh so now we will have to modify the meaning of a word for these big corporations? Great! Starting to lose faith in humanity.

Do you not even realize how they are doing this. This is a good thing. They say one thing but what they really mean is nothing will change at all we are just shifting the responsibility onto websites that then shift the blame onto others. In other words all the downtime and blocking that has happened before will stop altogether. Butter will feature plugins that you will be able to download from websites like YTS which will allow you to use Butter as the old Popcon Time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It still amazes me that no one even cares about making the movies/music etc available world wide.

Popcorn or torrent who cares the media is not there, all you can do is steal it.

Copyright was about having laws against plagiarism and making monetary gains off of someone else's work. Filesharing is neither; though it could potentially be used for the latter, but the overwhelming majority of the time is not. You can't steal a copy you just made or else making a copy in a printer is stealing, or using 3D printers is stealing, or simply hand copying books, or recording songs off the radio would be stealing also, and this has never been the case. Take the bible for instance. People had to handcopy each writing. But with how stealing is redefined, it would be considered stealing. That is what this is really about. Corporations are not making the same money because people are able to get the stuff for free, so they have lobbists persuade law makers into redefining the word theft so they can claim filesharing is stealing and you have some people stupid enough to use this useless tautology.

Oh so now we will have to modify the meaning of a word for these big corporations? Great! Starting to lose faith in humanity.

Stop using excuses. It's stealing, plain and simple.

I'm not saying torrenting is stealing, I'm saying redistributing a paid piece of software without authorization is. Just because it's digital doesn't give you free reign to decide if copies of it should be free. Digital creations are at the mercy of the rights holders, and if they are selling it to make a profit and did not authorize someone to redistribute them or create and distribute cracks to make the software work, and you do so without permission, it is in fact, stealing.

It doesn't matter if it's a big corporation. It doesn't matter if it's a small one. If you did not get permission to do what I said, you are stealing. Stop making up excuses. You're wrong.

Man... I'm pretty sure robbing a ship is stealing. 

38b13aa79773.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The main reason why piracy is so prevalent and widespread is that all of the legal distribution methods for movies and television are too inconvenient or expensive for those pirating. If I could watch any movie/tv show  I wanted to for free in a legal manner I would, whether or not it had ads. For most people in the US it is easy to access legal methods and watch all the media they want, but for others who are outside the country or don't have the cash for a cable or even a netflix subscription, piracy is the best option.

Look at music piracy. Because of youtube, pandora, spotify, etc, it's basically non existent now. Once movie/tv studios can come up with something like that, piracy of those things will lessen.

Or you could just.... you know.... Not steal your movies

I wouldnt if i had a choice. but when those movies/series are simply not available in my region, i have no remorse. If the licencing companies got their shit together, and worked with the distribuition houses to create a netflix like system that is worldwide, they would all gain money and piracy would go down significantly everywhere but in areas where people simply can not afford to spend any money on entertainment (think rural ex USSR, Third world and such),

Until then, fuck them, fuck their "lost sales", and most definitely fuck their broken system, fucking oldass capitalist pigs who dont want any change.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Stop using excuses. It's stealing, plain and simple.

I'm not saying torrenting is stealing, I'm saying redistributing a paid piece of software without authorization is. Just because it's digital doesn't give you free reign to decide if copies of it should be free. Digital creations are at the mercy of the rights holders, and if they are selling it to make a profit and did not authorize someone to redistribute them or create and distribute cracks to make the software work, and you do so without permission, it is in fact, stealing.

It doesn't matter if it's a big corporation. It doesn't matter if it's a small one. If you did not get permission to do what I said, you are stealing. Stop making up excuses. You're wrong.

Please just read this. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/steal

Again not saying it is legal or ethical. BUT STEALING IS NOT THE RIGHT TERM FFS

Please just read this. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/steal

Again not saying it is legal or ethical. BUT STEALING IS NOT THE RIGHT TERM FFS

So what is? You're taking an unauthorized product with full knowledge of what you're getting and how it was obtained.

So what is? You're taking an unauthorized product with full knowledge of what you're getting and how it was obtained.

Exactly, what is it called?  I guess it depends on what aspect of it you want to consider:

It's an interesting question actually... how to classify it.

On the list of reasons why it's not so bad, he's right, with piracy you don't take the original away, just copy it. However, unlike traditional theft, you are then able to copy it again and again to others with ease. And herein lies the problem. Reports are occassionally published estimating the total revenue loss due to piracy on a yeaely basis. While these reports often falsely assume that every pirated copy a lost sale, some of them certainly are and in that way, it is theft of money.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Illegal copying / unauthorized copying

I am 100% anti piracy but they are right, its not theft, but its still unauthorized copying and is illegal in MOST places (and also morally wrong 99% of the time)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You said it yourself. Unauthorised use is the perfect term. The original is still there, therefore it is by definition NOT stealing.