would you survive the zombie apocalypse

techguru

As it stands right now, no.

I haven't gotten any firearms yet (plan to) and due to focusing on school work I haven't gotten around to exercising much.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Considering there are very few firearms available in the UK, I'd have to rely on blunt tools and vehicles to get to the TA base down the road, where I know they have firearms. After there, Costco would be my destination, where I would take car batteries from the cars in the car park and the backup generator to electrify the shelves and fences and gates, placing wooden planks between the shelves to get around. I reckon I could survive with a few others in Costco for quite a long time, with the occasional venture out for some fresh things and to check what is going on.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Depends on the zombies really. If they are superhuman speed and strength probably not, if they are weak and slow, sure.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No chance. I'd probably hole up in a pre-built bunker with cans of beans and bottled water a la 60 Seconds :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

In world war Z israel held on quite well so i guess I'd be good

:/

I'd move to tibet or somet country like that, move on top of one of those pillar mountains, then have a bridge on the side of a cliff, when enough zombies gathered on there I'd pull a lever of some sorts which would make it flip, leading them to fall to their deaths.

Ima create an image, it's pretty failproof.

kdpki0.jpg

So many things I could write here... things like this.

To be honest, I think I will survive as long as there is still food available. If they are the classic slow zombies, then it is very easy to run away and even barricade a home or whatever. It's semi-easy to even create a power source using solar panels or mini windmills. It's the basic need for food that will kill people in the end if you can't grow food for yourself.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Agreed.

I'm efficient with fire arms, but when it comes to mele weapons the only thing that I know how to use is a bat so if they are like L4D, once I'm out of ammo, I'm fucked. :D

But in L4D your pistol has unlimited ammo...

Absolutely.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

but it doesn't irl, see where the problem arises?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

A zombie apocalypse is silly especially if it started in america, you didn't see rabies running rampant even before the vaccine as people would just shoot rabid animals, if a disease doesn't transmit through the air or some other ubiquitous source it can be stamped out via localized "cleansing".

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I'd like to think so, I have been taught to use weapons, I am proficient at riding horses, I have takes some survival classes..

Yes, I would use those around me as zombie feed to assist with my escape.  Am I a bad person?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

But L4D has boomers, smokers, spitters, jokeys, witches, chargers and TANKS! It would be an instant failure! :D

Eh, probably not where I currently live. Then again, I don't think a lot of people here would either.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Probably not, but I'd die happy if I fed the pricks in charge of Telstra to them first.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The funny thing about these apocalypse scenarios is that people always assume that 99% of the world would die, but somehow they would be the 1% that didn't.

Most likely I would not survive, and no one in this thread would probably survive either.

I mean let's say that you live in manhattan. The population density there is about 70,000 per square mile. If you want to travel 1 mile, you might run into as much as 70,000 zombies. Even if you got a real-life aimbot, that's still 70,000 bullets. And what are you going to do when you reach a forest or whatever these crazy preppers always talk about? If we assume that the zombie-virus spreads to animals then 99% of all animals won't be eatable either, so you're fucked. You got maybe a few weeks to live and those weeks will be hell. Constantly having to look out for zombies (not just humans, animals too), starving, cold, thirsty and grieving over your lost family and friends.